Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cornbinder52, Dec 15, 2008.

1. cornbinder52

cornbinder52
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am picking up a new project tomorrow! It is a 64 F-100 with a I-6 and three speed. The body is fairly solid, but covered in brushed flat paint. I think the previous owner tried for the suede look, but it just looks bad.

Plans include an over-the-spring drop with one reversed leaf, new paint and metalflake top, tripple-single barrel induction, and a t-5 trans. Oh, yeah...and the Guiness shifter handle. Christmas came early in my neck of the woods!

Really excited about the truck. I have not had a project to work on since I sold my 52 binder last year, or the 64 T-bird I sold the year before that. The best part is that is it a driver that runs like a sewing machine.

Any color suggestions? I was thinking white or black with green flake.

Thanks in advance. I am so glad I have found a place to soak up some knowledge and experience. I may not post much, but I read a lot. What a great forum.

I will keep you posted on the progress.

Attached Files:

2. cornbinder52

cornbinder52
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn the snow and sleet. Maybe tomorrow...

3. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

White with a red flaked roof, or maybe red with an ivory roof... I dig your truck congrats

4. cornbinder52

cornbinder52
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks. I was going to pick it up today, but snow followed by freezing rain are crippleing the roadways here. I live out in BFE and they do not salt the roads, just spread cinders or sand at intersections. Don't want to wreck the new ride before it is even plated.

5. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

True... Same here... If you go with a red body you will not have to worry about alll the jambs....Maybe a pearl roof on a red body, any way you go will be cool cause its yours right?... Drive the wheel's off that fucker..

6. cornbinder52

cornbinder52
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have thought abut the jambs also, but the brushed paint extends into the jambs, si I will have to see if I can scuff it off enough to keep from completely jambing it.

I fully intend to!

7. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Not tuff by any means most important thing is do what makes you happy..

8. nikdoestattoos

nikdoestattoos

Cream and a red flaked roof would look nice.

9. check out FTE ford truck enthusiasts forum lots of sweet truck there.

10. srdart67

srdart67
    from Sharon, Wi

looks nice congrats on the killer find

11. cornbinder52

cornbinder52
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Still have not piced it up... This winter shit sucks.

12. cornbinder52

cornbinder52
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Finally, across the frozen tundra of central Illinois, I was able to bring her home. Needs shocks and tires, but other than that, she will be ready for a cruise. This Christmas I am so excited, I'm sporting a yule log!