Register now to get rid of these ads!

Inside a RAM AIR V engine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by power58, Dec 13, 2008.

1. power58

power58

High Performance Pontiac Mag has a great RAM AIR V Tech . Bet applekrate has a few RAM AIR V's around. March 2009 issue out now. Also has some good low buck mods for Pontiacs in the same issue.

2. Sounds interesting. I should get my issue any day now. No, I don't have much Ram Air V stuff. I do have a lot of HEMI Pontiac stuff and a bunch of special aftermarket parts plus stuff I make myself.
    The one Ram Air V thing I do have I just put on Ebay to sell. It is probably the most desireable Pontiac block ever. It's a NOS '69 Aluminum Ram Air V. We'll see if it sells or not. I could use the $$ but, I don't mind it sitting here looking at it.

It is on Ebay now the number is 270316549222

Times have changed since I bought it in 2000. There are more block options out there than 8 years ago plus, I have more skills and equipment than I did then too.
    I bought it for my quest to have the quickest Pontiac and I ended up doing it with a plain jane '59 389 2bbl block and ran a 6.77. I had the record for almost 2 years. Now I am number 3 which is still pretty good but, my car has a lot more in it. My plan is to use the '59 and '60 iron 389 blocks and build my own blocks from scratch. I had 2 raw, high quality blank block forgings made from alum and have the equipment to carve them out or have someone do it for me.

Steve

<DIR>Hosting 11th annual Pontiac Heaven, show, swap, drags, party and all around good time. Saturday April 4, 2009 at Speedworld near Phoenix, Az
    Also hosting- 7th annual Nostalgia drags, show and swap coming Sunday April 5, 2009 to Speedworld. Phoenix, Az
    </DIR>

3. hoarder1212

hoarder1212

I would love to see pics of some of that hemi stuff

4. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

Very nice piece there Steve... Let me know when you throw a 69' TA hood on there ;) I'd even take a used glass one :)

5. I'd like to see some of that hemi stuff to.o the coolest pontiac that I own is a 1970 455 for my 67 gto. Not very cool when compared to a ram air v or the hemi stuff.

6. There is much HEMI Pontiac stuff on my site including race cars, boats and history pages.
    I was about to post some pics but, don't want to hijack the thread about V stuff.
    thanks for your interest though

Steve
    www.pontiacheaven.org
    <DIR>Hosting 11th annual Pontiac Heaven, show, swap, drags, party and all around good time. Saturday April 4, 2009 at Speedworld near Phoenix, Az
    Also hosting- 7th annual Nostalgia drags, show and swap coming Sunday April 5, 2009 to Speedworld. Phoenix, Az
    </DIR>

7. power58

power58

Thanks for the Ebay info. Hope you do well selling the block.

8. axle

axle
    from Drag City

In 1989 Bruce Logan (Pontiac buff) restored a 69 Trans Am and collected enough parts to build a Ram Air V engine then stick it in his car. For an all stock hi po engine that was one fast son of a $#@! . I remember it costing him $12,000 to build that engine back then !

9. power58

power58

The today cost of building a Ram Air V was listed at $58,000 bit of an increase.

10. HamD

HamD

I helped drop that into the car before he sold it around 2003.
    I still have video of it after completion.
    How fast was it? What happened to that car since?