Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2008 East Coast Indoor Nationals ( Post Your Pics here )

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hrm2k, Dec 6, 2008.

1. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I went this morning to our " Premeir " :rolleyes: East Coast Indoor Nationals, 2008. There was fewer cars than in the past. I'm not sure if that was by design or lack of interest. So here you go...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The shot below is of the interior of the Mobtown Cycle Company Pres. Just to help you make it out, the material had Martini Glasses with Olives in the print.:cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. COS

COS
    from KCMO

Thank for the pics!!

4. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

last batch

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last but not least, This guy is every Corvette restorer worst nightmare

Mr. Rod Saboury 's 63 Split Window

[​IMG]
    Sorry, I couldn't Resist :D

5. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for posting those. Seen some of those cars before at Jalopyrama and Mobtown Greaseball.

6. Thanks for posting those;looks like what was missing in quantity was more than made up for in quality.My favorite is that whacked Chevy pickup;that just oozes "attitude".Second would be that 60 Chevy.I'm not really a fan of monochrome and painted bumpers but the color scheme works on that car and the red insert in the fin caps it.

The one car I had trouble with was the Orange/copper colored 32 5-window;is the grille shell cut down on that car or is it the camera angle?Don't recall ever seeing a highboy with a chopped grille shell.

7. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

LOVE the Studebaker beverage truck.

8. Lee_ATx

Lee_ATx
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mr. Rod Saboury 's 63 Split Window

[​IMG]
    There's a name I haven't heard in a while. I'm surprised he still owns this car. And yes he is Satan to the Corvette purists.

9. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Recently, I have just about stopped looking at the monochrome type painted cars but that 60 chevy really pulled off the mixed generation look. I wouldn't have a problem owning it.

That 32 coupe you mentioned has the body mounted hi-boy style but the grill shell is pushed down in the frame so there is a major height difference between the grill shell and the firewall

And my camera work sucks.....:rolleyes:

Lee_ATX He still owns the corvatte..claims 1400 plus HP along with the blue 63 split window sitting on a C5 chassis. He builds these things out of unusable wrecks and it pisses everyone off that he " Cut Up " a splt window......While not my style, he has built some very cool stuff

10. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Real nice mix of cars. It looks like a good show, where was it?

Thanks for sharing the pics.

11. gary terhaar

gary terhaar
    from oakdale ny

There is some neat stuff there,something to go to in the wet newengland winter months.
    Your camera work is much better than mine(i dont have any).
    Thanks for the coverage.

12. TMcCrea

TMcCrea
    from Maryland

13. TMcCrea

TMcCrea
    from Maryland

14. TMcCrea

TMcCrea
    from Maryland

15. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Thanks for the great pics!

16. TMcCrea

TMcCrea
    from Maryland

17. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

This is a really cool piece. I never knew Stude made a cab over. He did a great job in restoring it. Like the early Chevys it's a wooden cab covered with the sheet metal skin. They only made them a few years. It was in fact a Coca Cola truck. Ya gotta love swing out windshields that work independently. Too cool!

18. TMcCrea

TMcCrea
    from Maryland

19. TOE

TOE

Just about everything that was HAMB friendly has been posted already... but here are 2 others:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  20. BaltoBeater

BaltoBeater

Damn! I missed out on the photo op with my fellow Deadbeaters in front of Mike's coupe.

John (Hotrod Man 2000), I didn't know you were there. I can't believe I didn't see you walking around snapin' photo's. Were you there both days?

21. 19LaidBack37

19LaidBack37

Looks like everybody took all the same photos i did, but that chopped hardtop chevy was probably my favorite.

22. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Looks like a really good show. Too bad I don't live out east anymore.

23. beatervilleprez

beatervilleprez

Love that 57 ferd! Looks just like the one Kobbie brought back from the left coast a few years back,and painted for some guy in Md. I know Kobbie's flames and stripin' anywheres.Where is he anyway?

24. BUICKS38

BUICKS38

COOL pics. thanks

25. shoebox72

shoebox72

Thanks for the pics, cool stuff.

Maybe it's just me, but I think the orange/copper 32 is begging for a white/off white firewall.

Billy

26. Screw the Corvette purist. Rod finished this car last year. It has been 6.95@211 in the quarter and it is very streetable. He has done the complete Woodward Dream cruise without any issues. The car runs on pump gas most of the time and gets around 12 mpg. He started with a clapped out ex-race car shell that was being cut up for repair bits that were used in restoring other 'vettes. If he didn't do something with it it was headed for the junk pile. Rod and Tina are good friends of mine and a neighbor. There isn't anybody nicer in the car hobby.

27. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No, I was just there early Saturday morning to meet a friend for a quick walkthrough. I have about 200 more pictures but they were not HAMB type stuff. I was wondering if the black chevy coupe with the orange/red/pommergranite flake roof was yours. I had heard you sold it to someone else here on the HAMB

28. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know them through some old friends of theirs. I know Rod has done some great work since I met him and his stuff is top notch. It doesn't matter what you do, there are always gonna be haters. I'm not one of the haters that is for sure. Just that no matter how great it is, it still is not HAMB type.

29. Thanks for posting John, I didn't make it again this year. Too many honey do chores going on at home!;)

30. BaltoBeater

BaltoBeater

Yeah that was mine. I bought it from another H.A.M.B.er but no, I did not sell it. I still have way to many miles to put on her before I even think about selling. I was at work that morning, that's why I didn't see you.