Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures A christmas story

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by frankenstein1948, Dec 4, 2008.

1. CRAP

CRAP

I think the old mans name is Bart. When he goes outside after setting up the lamp the neighbor says Hey Bart what is that?

2. bbc 1957 gasser

bbc 1957 gasser

that damn olds would freeze up on the equator in the middle of june...

3. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

The actual BB gun with "a sundial and compass in the stock " was a Buck Jones pump. Somehow, Shepard confused it with the 1939 Red Ryder. Daisy made a handful of Red Ryder carbines with a sundial and a compass in the stock for the movie and I have one. Daisy also issued limited edition 25th and 30th anniversary models. For what ever reason, the Daisy got the short end of the stick and cannot use the "Christmas Story" name/logo. The limited editions are called a "Christmas Dream".

Don't even ask, I've yet to shot my eye out!

Attached Files:

4. hscott

hscott

Where's Flick, has anyone seen Flick???

5. oldsman71

oldsman71

how about the evil elfs pulling him to santa, they all looked deranged, and then ho ho ho and the foot in the face, classic!!!!!

6. JamesG

JamesG

We watch it every year sometimes more than once.

7. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

I had to change my avatar just for this occasion. That and I looked alot like him as a kid!

8. Jimv

Jimv

here my leg lamp.I have to put the fringe on it yet.
    One pic is with the flash one without
    jimV

Attached Files:

9. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

10. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

check THIS out...

http://www.alllake.org/static/index.cfm?contentID=149

if you scroll down half way you'll notice that the Indiana Welcome Center has a Christmas Story 25th Anniversary exhibit. From what I gather it has the same giant slide you can climb up and get a picture taken with Santa. Best part is that its only 2 minutes from work!

Ho....
    ho....
    ho...

11. fa ra ra ra ra.....ra ra ra ra.........

12. 4 port Riley

4 port Riley

All HAMB folks should check out the author, Jean Shepard. I believe all of his books are still available, he used to write about cars for Car and Driver, and Playboy. The Christmas Story is an mixture from "In God We Trust, all others pay cash", and "Wanda Hickey's night of golden memories". In my mind one of America's greatest humor writers and historian of the 30's,40's, and early 50's.

13. jrolla2k3

jrolla2k3

"I caaaaan't put my arrrrrrms dooooown!" "You can put them down when you get to school."

Classic.

14. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

That god damn Olds would freeze up in the middle of summer, on the equator!!

15. power58

power58

Outstanding movie. Watched the 24 hours for years. My wife hates it. She bought the DVD for christmas so I would quit watching the 24 hours on Tv. now I watch the DVd all the time off season and the 24 hours at christmas. She still hates it. They don't make 'em like that anymore. Thought the old man's name was Walt. Cool thread.

16. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

My wife used to hate but it must have grown on her.
    We always make a point to watch it together at least once a season.

17. 33-Chevy

33-Chevy

I thought the story ws set in WWII because the Old Man couldn't get new tires. I remember riding around in our family 1936 Chevrolet and the flat tires, but the Police car was a 1947 Chevrolet.

18. spinzzy

spinzzy
    from indy

Merry Christmas!

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      105.1 KB
      Views:
  19. Powerband

Powerband

Living outside NYC in the 60's I would lay in bed waiting for the Shepard's opening theme William Tell Overture (?) on WOR AM. Shepard would weave a tale of workingman's humor to bring tears of laughter and other emotions as skillful as a surgeon wields a knife. Many of his stories were about his life in the Army where my father shared time with him in Camp Crowder, Missouri.

EXCELSIOR-you fatheads!...

20. Zerk

Zerk

If you want to hear the theme, try http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HphAIlQKZBk Strauss' Bahn Frei Polka (My German's rusty, maybe free road polka? Open road polka?).
    Hearing that theme always meant the same thing, though: being held spellbound by one of the best entertainers in radio. I'm 50 this year, and so far nobody has taken Shep's place as a storyteller. Even that woebegone talespinner with his admittedly cute weekend show hasn't got what it takes to shine his shoes.

21. old1946truck

old1946truck

"Dedgumit Blaaa!"