Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 49 caddy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Saoutlaws_Gotti, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

it has been awhile since i been here much and not too sure that ive posted up any pics of the Caddy yet

so here is what i started with (pics that i took when i went to go look at it and pick it up in Feb of 08)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here it is at it's new home

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I immediatly started stripping out the nasty ass interior and took it to my boy Flash to have some new Stitch work done

This is what the rear seat bottum cushion looked like (Yuck)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also started Cleaning out the floors and laid down some Roll on bed liner to make things a little quiter and cleaner

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then i started stripping the dash and laid down some new sealer primer, primer and some shiny black paint

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wow, What a difference that made, huh ?

My Boy Flash pulled on thru for me on the Rear Seats

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So then i let him take off with the front seat...... Here is a pic of what he had to work with there

[​IMG]

2. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

so a couple of months later (cause the windshield was on back order) i finally took the car to Luna Glass here in San Antonio and had all new windows and all the hardware installed. From there the car went to my Dad's shop to get all new wiring, electric windows, shave door handles, new shocks, and an altitude adjustment

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It took a few months for him to get that done, but simply because he only got to work on it in the evening after he got home from work.... But in the long run it was really nice because i really never had to turn a wrench on the dammm thing (he owed me some favors on a few car deals we did last year)

so here is pretty much where it is at in the build process, and i do still have tons of work left to do to it, but it isnt too bad cause now it is drivable and i can enjoy it while working on it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hopefully in the next few days ill be able to find enough time to put in the new carpet kit i have for it, paint all the interior door moldings and backseat window moldings and finish off getting the upholstry done (door panels, side panels, kick panels and headliner)

so i hope you guys like it, and hopefully ill be updating for you guys sometime in the near future

3. Very nice work....Keep the updates coming!

4. Very nice. What kind of power windows did you use?

PS, a little Clearasil will fix those seats up just fine. Car's a bit old for pimples...

5. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

how much did you friend charge for the interior?

6. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

very nice, looks like it's coming right along...

7. smith32

smith32
    BANNED

Hey, I know that car, lol

it sat in my garage for several months while i was wiring it and installing all the electric windows and all them fancy doodads you wanted in there

Chili Phil......... If my memory serves me correctly, they are Autolocs

8. Voodoowagon

Voodoowagon
    from Fort worth

Looks great, hope to see it at Lonestar

9. hotrodj54

hotrodj54

that interior is beautifull.. nice work id love that in my caddy

10. Fishtail8

Fishtail8

If that car had fresh black paint on the outside too, it would stop people in their tracks. Almost makes me want one, come to think of it... it does... Nice job!

11. jmurphy

jmurphy

I think I have seen that car. It is just alright... LOL I will swing by the shop tomorrow. My wheels were delayed and should be shipped today.

12. Maybe a little inspirtation for ya.
    That gonna B Bitchen , what ever color you do it.

Attached Files:

13. ratt7

ratt7

Fine set of wheels.

14. Hellfish

Hellfish

Absolutely gorgeous upholstery!

15. im not normally a fan of 49/50 cads, but this one is perfect! great job on the interior too. id love to have some inserts with the crest and chevron pressed in. how did you do that?

16. Thats a nice Caddy. You've done a lot of stuff since Feb. There was a white one at Turkey Run .. gorgeous! What's the power in it? Wire wheels would be fantastic!

17. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

it is an all stock 331 and NO it will stay on the Caddy Caps for sure

18. Gearhead-DK

Gearhead-DK

Beautiful fastback!!

My own 49 is not as weathered but still with lots of patina...... gotta lov'em