Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Jack calori r.i.p 1922-2008....my hero

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HELLMET, Nov 25, 2008.

1. drhotrodmd

drhotrodmd

another good one gone... RIP Jack

2. Von Franco

Von Franco

Billy sorry to here that man.may he R.I.P.

3. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

He had the BEST 36 3 window EVER!!! Sorry to hear of his passing.....

4. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

RIP Jack,he built my absolute favorite 36 Ford.

5. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

R.I.P

his 36 is the best lookin 36 ever built hands down sad to hear about the loss

6. HELLMET

HELLMET

Thank guys for all the great words. He was a realy good friend to me. I met him about seven years ago and have been friends ever since. I talked to him every week to ckeck on him and give him updates on the roadster build. We would talk for hours. And when i went to see him at his house i would be there for like 5 hours listining to his storys of the dry lakes and the good old days. He had tons of great storys and info. What a great guy i cant say it enough. He is a great piece of history and will not before got as long as i'm around to tell and share his storys with people. Here's a pic of jack and me in june when he gave me the timing tag for my car. Billy

Attached Files:

7. That is a great pic Billy, sorry for your loss.
    He was a hero to many, RIP Jack.

8. sorry about Jack's passing. I have friends like Jack, like we all have, who have told us the stories....Its up to us to MAKE SURE WE PASS THEM ON by writing about it and sharing them with others. Maybe write a book er sumthin? Get yer pen and paper (or laptop) out and get to it while it is still fresh and you are still young enough to...:)

9. Gaters

Gaters

Man, sorry to hear this news...he must have enjoyed your company and the time he spent with you shooting the breeze. It had to be a thrill for the both of you to see the roadster come back to life. Great photo!

My condolences to you and the Calori family.

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sad news, he had a great impact on the hobby and will be missed. Not many cars go from the cover of Hot Rod, restoraton and onto the lawn of Pebble Beach, his cars were timeless.

Attached Files:

11. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Sad news indeed. His coupe was among my favorite cars from the time I first saw it in the early '50s. My own '36 was not a direct copy of Jack's, but it was certainly influenced by his.

Jack's:
    [​IMG]

Mine (DRD57 photo):
    [​IMG]

12. Sad, another icon lost. But I am so happy he got to see his coupe revived at Pebble Beach and huge interest in the last 10-15 years in the roots of hot rodding, in which he was a true pioneer and hero. Plus your roadster build! I never knew him, but from everything I read, he was a class act.

13. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

RIP Jack. Another legend has left us! Jack's 36 is one of my all time favorite customs

14. Thats a terrible shame. RIP Jack.

15. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

NVRRDUN's right! Put his stories into your words & post them here.

You got close to one of the guys that created hot rodding's history. That's something that most folks won't get to do, so share his tales with everybody.

RIP Jack.

16. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

That's a shame. Another pioneer--and, judging by what I've read, a really great guy--gone.

R.I.P., Jack Calori.

You guys are right: this has been a tough year.

17. Lost1

Lost1

I'm sorry to hear this. RIP

18. 00 MACK

00 MACK

19. slixauto

slixauto

On behalf of the staff at Roy Brizio Street Rods we want to give our condolences to Jack's family and close friends. We were fortunate enough to be able to restore Jack's '36 coupe and appreciate that he was able to help us throughout the restoration. He was one of the great personalities of the hobby and he left us with some great cars. Good luck with the restoration of Jack's famous roadster; we look forward to seeing it on the road soon!

Brizio staff

20. autobilly

autobilly

rip.:(

21. Cris

Cris
    from Vermont

Godspeed, Jack.
    Billy, keep the torch lit.

Cris

22. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Hellmet/Billy,
    Would you mind sharing some of the stories that he told you? I meet up with Jr. Hower here in KC on Sat. mornings and chat and listen to his stories and the guy is amazing, yet so simple in life.

Chris

23. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

How did I miss this very important thread. Like I said before we are losing alot of history lately and what another hugely lost legend. Rest in peace Mr. Calori.

24. HELLMET

HELLMET

I'm not avery good typer but can talk forever.when i meet up with people i can tell them his storys he has told me maybe one day i can hook up with someone and wright a book about his life. Billy

25. Rockerhead

Rockerhead
    Member Emeritus

Jack very kindly loaned me some of his photos for my books. On several occasions he came by my place and we bench raced about the old days. He had interesting stories of his hot rodding days and of his cycle cop days.
    Although I was familiar with his cars back then I actually did not know him. I was there and do remember the day he ran the coupe at a Russetta meet. My contact with Jack began about 1988 when I started doing the hot rod history books.
    I always thought his '36 coupe was "bitching". When we judged the Hot Rod Class at Pebble Beach it was so nice to see the beauifull restoration that Roy Brizio and his guys had done on the coupe.
    When I spoke with Jack after that he said that he was sorry that the bodyman who did the work was not here to see all the excitement.
    It was always fun to talk with Jack. He enjoyed talking.
    Don www.montgomeryhotrodbooks.com

26. I wasn't going to post on this thread. Never feels right to me, but standing in front of Mr. Calori's '36 at Wally Park's museum and being the only person in the room was one of the most magical experiences I've ever had in my life. There was obviously something special about the man that radiated from that car. RIP Mr. Calori.

27. Born a HotRodGal

Born a HotRodGal

Its was such a honor to be part of the restoration of Jacks Coupe for Pebble Beach, one of the highlights would have to be when Jack came to see his car for the first time done, it was like a kid getting his favorite toy back, he looked over every inch of the car and told us we did a great job. He had such a great time that weekend and riding up to the judges stand with Roy in the car I am sure was the highlight for him.

He will be missed by all Rest in Peace friend

Darryl & Terri Hollenbeck

Attached Files:

28. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Sorry for your loss Billy.

The man had great taste and style !

29. ineedretailthrpy

ineedretailthrpy

I did in home care for both Jack and His wife for almost 3 yrs. I was so lucky to have gotten to know Jack. Jack was such an awsome guy and so well loved by many people. everytime I would come over he would always have something new to tell me. He was always full of stories. He told me stories and showed me many pics of his racing days. I am still caring for his wife 4 times a week. She is such a lovely lady to be around and Jack is very much missed.

30. ineedretailthrpy

ineedretailthrpy

Services for ..

Jack Calori

Fri Dec 5th at 10:30 am
    Wiefels & Sons
    57285 Yucca Trl
    Yucca Valley