Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods what can you tell me about "Wheel Vintique"?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Von Rigg Fink, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

sounds like you got it together to me..Thanks
    I will look into that option too

2. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Another vote here for Rally America.

3. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

how long did you have to wait for him to acknowledge your Pm's?:mad:

4. I would not trust PMs, lots of guys are to busy to check em. I would call.

I sold tons of Wheel Vintiques, only ever had one bad commo issue. Everything was top notch. The powder coating was dirt cheap and nice quality compared to the local pricing.

5. 28hiboy

28hiboy
    from Milton, Fl

I ordered a full set of wheel vintique from coker with tires, caps, and trim rings. Hub caps did not fit. Seems only wheel vintique cap fit there rims. The caps were Bob Drake and fit an orginal wheel which is what I wanted. Rims were said to be direct replacement. How can they be "direct" when OEM stuff does not fit. I did not like the answer that the wrong caps were sent, because the caps fit a stock wheel. All parts were ordered togather. Ya -things happen. Coker is a great company. Wheel Vintique stuff fits only wheel vintique and will not intechange with OEM caps (at least on early Ford). Just depends on what ya want. Wish I had know this before I placed an order.

6. hlfuzzball

hlfuzzball
    from Michigan

Have you tried Weldcraft in Plymouth, Mi. ?

They can build anything using whatever you want, used or new.

Have a good rep. locally and national.

(734) 420-2211

Tom

7. stillkruzn

stillkruzn
    from Conway, AR

Rally America seems to be pretty busy to me... I didn't wait for a PM... Pick up the phone and call him... 1-559-347-9665... Thats how I did it anyways...

http://www.rallyamerica.com/

8. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I look at it this way..if hes sellin stuff on here..he should check his Pm's.and answer them .If he dont feel like doing that..than I dont feel like callin'

would you list stuff for sale here and never get back with people who Pm you?
    Nope! because you would never sell anything to them now would ya?

Dammit..I didnt want to have to go there..

9. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

thanks Tom they are close to me..i might give them a try

10. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

got the wheels on my 50 from Wheel Vintiques after I got lied to by another company that I shouldn't mention here, so,I will just call them,..."Not in Stock"ton Wheel.
    I had Wheel Vintiques powder coat the wheel and got some bullet caps from them as well.

Attached Files:

11. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

yeah hey Doc., thanks, .I knew better than to go to "there"

12. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Attached Files:

• 097.jpg
      097.jpg
      File size:
      84.9 KB
      Views:
  13. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

14. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

See the wheels on this car?
    They were built by the wheel kid while the customer waited.
    No bullshit, they re rimed the rusty artillery centers while Randy waited.
    Everybody but Stockton wheel is good. (some may be better than others)

[​IMG]

15. I picked up a used set of aftermarket plain steel smoothies...is there a way to tell if they are Wheel Vintiques? I want to purchase a different set of hubcaps. I would prefer to buy them from an Alliance vendor, but now I cant if they are Wheel Vintiques. I checked all four of them for markings...had stickers on them that said if you paint em or mount em they are yours and you can not return.

Thanks for any insights.

16. Fud

Fud
    from Ohio

I also got some a-hole at Wheel Vintiques when I asked why my new wheels started rusting in a couple of summer months. He said to ship them back and he would 'Look' at them. Lets see .... I would then have $90 each wheel in shipping costs alone in addition to the original high price for the wheels. I won't buy from them again.

17. The guys at wheel vintiques are great guys see them around all the area swap meets great products. Nice to deal with.

18. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

My neighbor just received a set of Pontiac ralleys for his GTO from Wheel Vintiques. He's not happy with them at all. They were supposed to be painted 2 toned just like factory wheels. The color isn't close to the factory color wich is bad enough, but then 1 wheel is a different color than the other 3! He's now going to have to strip them and repaint them so they are right. He said good thing he didn't order them with tires already mounted!

19. 19GMC63

19GMC63

I ordered a set of 16x8 silver powdercoated rallys through Summit... took 2 months to get them. Recieved them and noticed that one of the wheels was a uni-lug... not a big deal. Took them to the tire shop and found out that same wheel was out of round (it was VERY obvious... major movement spinning on the balancer). So I sent it back to Summit, had to go through the customer service ranks to get them to pay for re-mounting and return shipping.

Jump 1 month later, and you can see signs of rust in the seam.... SHEESH. Maybe it was just my luck (or lack thereof), but I would look elsewhere.

20. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Great company. Great product.

21. lowkroozer

lowkroozer

Try pricing what you want at both companies. They are both good. Go with the one that will save you the most money.

22. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

CG ;had stickers on them that said if you paint em or mount em they are yours and you can not return.

That sounds like Vintiques,mine had the same.Another vote for getting 'em from Summit.Good price,reached me over here in England in about 4 days:eek:

23. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I have used lots of Wheel Vintiques wheels over the years with no problem with either fit, finish or delivery. I think either Wheel Smith or Rally are as good. The only thing I have noticed is that Rally's price for powder coating is about double of Wheel Vintiques.