Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who's car frightens small children and old women?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by eightbanger, Nov 13, 2008.

1. My bike bike doesnt fir in this forum but its funny none the less,my 69 chopper seems to be an eye catcher where ever I go,so me and the guys were at a monthly cruise in and I was the only one on a bike that day next to my friends 53 ford,we got ready to leave and ther were a few people behind my bike and I told them I was gonna start it and they ignored,so I kicked it once and when it started they jumped about 5' and gave me that pissed look,I laughed at them and left,saw them the next time and as they passed they just pointed at it,there was 1 grown man in the group,do I pass the test?

2. tigerShark

tigerShark
    from Tampa Bay

well said.

3. Abomination

Abomination

Just after the rebuild of my rear pump TF 727, there was a check ball stuck, and I'd elected to drive it out rather than tear it apart again. So needless to say, for about a week I was stuck in first gear. :(

I hadn't got an exhaust on my car yet, and was still running stock manifolds and OEM single exhaust, hacksawed off at the "Y" just under the passenger side floorboard.

SO here I am, driving a '66 Coronet wagon, through the streets of Omaha, in a gentrified neighborhood. The exhaust is LOUD, and because I was stuck in first gear, it sounded like I had 500 horsepower going 20 MPH down the cobblestones.

One day, just before the check ball eventually freed itself, I was topping a hill near home, and noticed an older gentleman walking across the street with a walker. His level of nervousness increased the closer I got, and all of a sudden, he picked up his walker and ran as best he could to the sidewalk to avoid me! It was clear he thought I was actually going to run him down!

I was going 25 MPH... :cool:

~Jason

4. Hodad

Hodad

My first attempt at a traditional ride was a 51 Chevy Sedan. I ran a stock 56 235 with fenton headers straight into lakes pipes. Wow was it loud. One afternoon a friend that had helped me convert a saginaw 4 speed to the torque tube came over to check on me.. I took him for a spin around the neighiborhood. It was not my intent to make a car that scared women and children.. As we rounded a corner I hopped on it and the pipes roared... My friend said he saw a little kid cover his ears and run to mommy.. crying. My friend laughed his ass off and said the project was worth all the effort just for that one experience. I used to take the car out after work on bad days for some grin therapy.. Another friend who was fond of doing the 2 am burnout in front of my house lives around the corner.. I roared past his house.. he was raking leaves by the side of the road and said he could literally feel the exaust pluses on his face.. The wife hated the car.. and the one time she went for a ride she burned her leg on the lake pipe.. Eventually I put baffles and a few stainless chore boys in the pipes.. they were a little better.. but anything over 2000 rpm brought them to life. I miss that car.. was equally frustrating and fun.. one day I thought the frustration outweighed the fun and sold it in a fit of rage. Two years later I am trying to bring a Model a sedan to life .. this time I will wait before selling..

5. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

I scare people a lot, but it doesn't seem to matter what I'm driving!

6. ratrodnash

ratrodnash
    from canada

Hey thats funny I have a 1941 nash ratrod that the one older lady told my wife that she had bad tast , for it has claws with blud dripping down fr them , Its part of the theme for the car The black knight , Anyway my wife replied what The old bitty walked away stopped turned and said , it looks like a hurst and you have blud coming down the sides , my wife replied IT IS NOT A HURST IT,S A RATROD A 1941 NASH , SHE SHRUKED AND WALKED AWAY , 2 SECONDS LATER ANOTHER LADY COMES TO THE NASH LOOKS AT MY WIFE AND SAY,S EVER BEAUTIFUL A 1941 NASH THE YR I WAS BORN ,MY WIFE REPLIED THANK YOU VERY MUCH . THE END

7. Maybe it was the open bag of candy you had in your lap.

8. Joe Grippo

Joe Grippo

August, last summer, I took my 70 Mach 1 drag car to the National Shelby Convention (SAAC 33) in New Jersey for the car show. I won an award called "Most Likely To Give Small Children Nightmares"....

It's the only award I actually have displayed....

9. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Not mine, it attracts them like flies. It has the sticky fingerprints to prove it. I think it's because it looks like a grown up Hot Wheels.

Case in point... I was at my buddies muffler shop the other day and a fellow comes in and says his 5 year old made him stop to look at the T and would I mind if he took a picture of him next to it. Hell I had the kid sitting in it and making motor noises before it was over. You can never start'em too young.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  10. Finktim

Finktim

If I uncap the plugs on my Duece it scares people and impares thier hearing at stop lights. My cats go flyin' out of the garage a breakneck speed, and it totally pisses off my asshole neighbor. I think I like that part best! :cool:

In the horns department, I have an old ooh-gah and a wolf whistle to get folks with! I remember as a kid my Dad gettin' right up on people's asses that were hitchhiking and just blasting the shit out of them with his wolf whistles! (guess I came by it naturally....LOL) Those damned train horns that are available now can REALLY scare the crap out of ya'! Including me! I've about jumped out of my skin when some of the local kids hit those things!

11. repoguy

repoguy

My car pretty much creeps everyone out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
    kiwijeff likes this.
  12. Road_Rage_Rube

Road_Rage_Rube

love you guys!!!!!
    Drive my Olds with only headers and two small pipes on each side.
    So it comes out behind the front wheel. Its fuckin loud for german standarts.
    Its fun to let it roll through the town and if you see somebody walking, you just creep. And when you are right behind him you hit dem pedal. I always do that and it scares the hell out off those people:)
    One time a man fell off his bike. I'm sorry for that, but it was soooo funny.
    All small children hate my olds. Its black, with no grill, its big(for germany) and its loud.
    Remember back when I was small, I loved loud cars. But now the kids just watch stupid cartoons and listening to hip hop. No more dukes, a-team, .......

13. Moloko

Moloko

I don't think it's the car scaring them, you basicly reinacted every after school special where someone in an old car offers some little kids candy. :D

14. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

Repoguy, I would probably run to cover and initiate a magazine change to silver bullets if I saw that beast coming at me. Well done.

15. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

Ha!
    Considering the source...

One of my favorite things to do is "crowd watch" when D.W. fires the coupe up. at a recent cruise night, there were a pair of college age kids walking across the parking lot when D.W. got in the car. I turned to someone and said "watch this."

When D.W. lit it off, both of them came off of the ground about 2 and a half feet., then the girl took off in this weird interpretive dance/ left foot on fire, right one catching /stumbly run for a few steps.

it was better than christmas morning.

I almost spilled my beer, and had that "nagging chuckle" for about 10 minutes.

Car alarms? hows about BUILDING alarms. with the old mufflers on my off topic, if I parked facing away from the bay doors at a shop I used to work at, and I fired it up after the manager had set the alarm, the motion detectors would go off. That's how badly it vibrated everything.

and driving through parking garages....after I shut it off, it sounded like a mall parking lot after a thunder clap. every car alarm in the place would be going off.

16. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

17. The Monkey

The Monkey

American Mental Health Association says that 1 out of every 4 people is suffering from a mental illiness. Count 3 of your friends if their ok, it's you!

After reading some these post I can tell alot of you have normal friends..

I do like the story about David's car. :)

18. BLAKE

BLAKE

How about the time DW fired up his heap in my driveway with a wonky carb linkage that (unbeknownst to us) had it nailed full throttle... G Griffin and family were visiting from Houston, so I was waiting for their reaction to a 'normal' start, but that wide open action startled us all pretty good.

The neighbors still talk about it... not so fondly.

The people-watching around that car is great fun!

19. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Well, I took the Electra around the block a while ago when I was trying to work the bugs out of the motor, (still no luck there) and there was this kid riding his bike right up the middle of the road. I was still pretty far off, and he didn't know I was there. So I got closer, slipped the 225 into neutral and revved the 401! Yeah... he got out of the way really quickly.

20. All these car alarm stories are making me miss my Harley but giving me good inspiration to get the Hemi motor together :)

21. axeman39

axeman39
    from Saco Maine

Mine hasn't frightened anyone yet [except my wife when I first brought it home] but I have a feeling that the neighborhood will not look at cars the same when this thing makes its first appearance
    [​IMG]

22. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

The deal where you set off car alarms as you taxi past is pretty cool; my roadster's new pipes do that, and provide substantial entertainment value for the dimwitted driver. Can't say that the car is particularly intimidating, though.