Register now to get rid of these ads!

Engine Install question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TDak, Nov 13, 2008.

1. TDak

TDak
    from Oshkosh

Has anyone installed a 392 or 426 Hemi in a 1950 Plymouth? Possible? Reasonable? or Forget it. Appreciate your comments.
    Bumps

2. im shure you would have to re work the steering and the inner fenders my 52 bis coupe has verry little room near the steering box with the flat head 6 in it

3. ojai/jan

ojai/jan
    from ojai, CA

Hi

I am just getting started to do this now, a Jr. Thompson 392 hemi in a 1952 Plymouth wagon. Not wanting to deal with space problems I went with an Art Morrison chassis, no steering problems and plenty of room for the HotHeads long tube headers.

Jan in Ojai, CA

4. Installed a few SBC and SB-M engines in those. All needed to have the firewall modified or recessed to clear. You would probably have to do the same.

5. TDak

TDak
    from Oshkosh

Thanks for the good insight Jan..........Bumps

6. TDak

TDak
    from Oshkosh

Thanks to all you guys. You can probably tell I'm just getting the hang of this message business........thanks again.
    Bumps

7. 73RR

73RR

There are alot of guys with old Mopes so be sure to take lots of pic and keep us posted.