Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My barn find "Dodge Boys White Hat Special"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hot-rod roadster, Nov 10, 2008.

1. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Ha.... barn find, not really. Was having lunch at Runza here in town and across the street at a little car lot I saw this truck sitting in the back. Stopped in looked it over and it looked pretty solid so I came back the next day and took it for a drive, made a deal with the guy and brought it home. Needs a little TLC, but it has a rebuilt 318 small block new tires nice interior and runs and drives pretty damn nice ( brakes need a little a work)
    Not planning on doing a whole lot with it, maybe lower it a little ad some vintage mags and drive it. Could use some help finding parts. Needs some rear lens's, rubber floor mat, 1 hubcap, etc.
    It has some kinda neat history being one of the vehicles from the Dodge Boys White Hat Special promotion. Check out the youtube 1968 commercial. Gary
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6A2HaYXUco

Attached Files:

2. Jim Beam

Jim Beam
    from St. George

i hope you kept your roadster....

3. Big Dad

Big Dad

4. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

Nice score!Love these old Sweptlines.My not so H.A.M.B friendly 71 project

Attached Files:

5. 6tall

6tall

Love that colour combo

6. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

I"ve seen pictures of your truck before (very cool) and it was part of the inspiration for buying this. I really like the idea that they are not a 49-54 chevy or a 53-56 ford like you see everywhere, but something different. Gary

7. barney rubble

barney rubble

I have never been a real big fan of this body style Dodge truck but would love to get my hands on one of them with the "Dude" package on it. I also saw one at a swap meet in Indy about 12 years ago that I wish I had a chance at today. It was a loaded big block truck with factory air and every thing else you could get on one but need a total redo.

8. if your thinking of putting on disc brakes there was some onfo on either lou santiago's site or stacey davids. tech article with lots of pic's!

9. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Pretty solid old truck - good buy!

Josh may have a set of Keystones for it... hehe

Malcolm

10. Big Dad

Big Dad

Not sure what level of work you want to do on it but, if you plan on custom wheels ..

Start looking now for left hand lugs for the left side if you don't want to change the studs out, Local napa store told me they were not going to carry them any longer ?

They did sell new re-pop tail light lens www.laysons.com , talk to Rick there and no one else ..

Good luck with it !

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Nice score bud....and I agree with Jim Beam:D

12. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

I need to haul a bunch of theater chairs from Josh's to HEBE GB"s so if you ain't doing anything and you'd like to help a brother out maybe we can work out a deal or...........

13. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Gary: I buy lh lug nuts ALL the time from NAPA. If you have older Olds...
    What are your thoughts regarding wheels? Gotta be aluminum slots! What is the bolt pattern on the old truck?

14. cool truck...would make a nice tow vehicle

15. Muttley

Muttley

Don Knotts says, "The DUDE is another Tough Truck from Dodge." HAHAHA.

[​IMG]

16. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

You can always cut the top off and make it a roadster....:rolleyes:

17. 16 Dodge Bros

16 Dodge Bros
    from MO

Hey Big Dad! amazing how many sweptliners are here as well, I know for sure that Daddiejoe is here also. I just parted and crushed seven of my trucks, one 68 3/4 ton to parts out and my 71 crew to start on when the roadster is done. Maybe I could get Trey (wideblock) over here as well. -Red

18. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

Over the past few years I have grown to really like these trucks, would'nt mind having one myself.

19. Big Dad

Big Dad

Been done :rolleyes:

20. Big Dad

Big Dad

Sweptlines are the new 32 Fords :D

21. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Nice score. That interior is geat!!!! Now , if you only had a Gasser that yoiu could pull behind that here truck.....

Jeff

22. Now everyone will want you to help them when they move... that's the curse of owning a pickup. :rolleyes:

23. chaddilac

chaddilac

Sweet!!!

I found one, I've been pondering lately!! Oh and I was going to ask if you seen Big Dad's.... then I saw his post!!

24. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Thats a cool find Gary. I remember my dad having a black one when I was a kid. It had an auto shift on the dash. Good luck with it. Keep us posted too.

25. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Thats an option, but I'm thinking chrome wheels wide whites and spider caps (cause I have a set) or vintage 5 spokes w/blackwalls

Thanks for all your help

Thanks Scott, might be our ride to the Springfield swap next year

26. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

gotta love em. lots of people think theyre ugly, but i cant help but like em :p mine

[​IMG]