Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bright Rod Run Photos *Australia*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Aushotrods, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

Just got home from a big weekend of booze cars and fun. Bright is about 3.5 hours out of Melbourne, Victoria, a beautiful scenic alpine town which gets taken over once a year by us.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If The Fonz reads this, dude you gotta come out to this next year.
    Here's john aka bullitt representing true 50s stylez
    plastic milkshake anyone?
    [​IMG]
    drive-in speakers, the beach boys and zebras just like it was in da feefteez
    [​IMG]
    aaawwwwwww
    [​IMG]
    'wish you were here fonz'
    [​IMG]

2. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

3. old beet

old beet

I was there about 13 years ago, had the pleasure of handing out door prizes. Beautiful small town, will never forget it. Hope to be back some day soon!!!

4. Any more pics of that Kaiser???

5. Yeah what he said!

6. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

7. thanks. What a gorgeous color! The car isn't too shabby either.

8. Was that its debut, or am I living in a cave?

9. SixFive

SixFive

Hey Sean, what's up with the pics.. did you just get taller?

paypalz reprezent hahaha!

10. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

hahaha mr gadget has shit on me....... and i dont mean mr gadget just took a dump on yours truly

11. bullitt

bullitt

oh ooo can i join!

12. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

buy some gay ass pastel custom with 14inch billets from florida and your fuckin' innnnnnn!

13. bullitt

bullitt

sorted......just you wait....

14. Jerry_Rolls&Pleats

Jerry_Rolls&Pleats
    from Europe

Man I love those Kaisers... but it hurts me every time I see one after letting pass by the deal of a century when I was living in London (a mint one that was dirt cheap). They are so unusual and have much kustom potential!

15. This I gotta see......... but luckily that influx of lame should slow due to our dollar.

Sounds like the natives were a little restless up there this year. Shame I couldn't go, but I made up for it!!! Boy did my head hurt Sunday.

16. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

haha fuck yeah! friday night some dude got bottled to the eye at the pub, was carried out on a stretcher...just after some dude tried starting a fight with me because i accidentally bumped him....couple fights on the saturday too... some people need a good ol fashioned kick to the nads :(

17. Nah just a lesson in civility. Or maybe even better a lesson on how not to follow a mob of brainless and quite often carless fuckwits who only can say and I qoute "do a burnout, chuck a mono" or the classic line "show us ya tits".....

A car show in Shep I used to go to went the same way, Summernats is probably another fine example too of hangers on with no idea.

Anyway hopefully I'll be up there next year to experience it firsthand... :D

18. myke

myke
    from SoCal

Great pictures Thanks!

19. sololobo

sololobo

Nice photos Mate, it looks like the weather was really nice. Some very cool rides. Especially fond of the tan Ford fat fender sedan delivery, really simple and tasty. A local boneyard has two of those Kiasers in it,that purple one is cool as hell, even like the Conny kit. Thanks for taking time to share with us around the planet. Always a couple of bone heads that have to much Fosters and get goofy!! Bloody good post!!~Sololobo~

20. striper

striper

You know we don't drink Fosters down here...don't you? :)

Thanks for the pics Sean

21. Sweet pics

More please.

22. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Really cool pics, thanks for sharing!

23. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

24. swifty

swifty

Where were you Binga??? Was it just a tad too far for the quickie?? LOL
    You would have had a very wet trip up on the Friday in the RPU. For the first 100 miles my missus had plastic bags on her feet to keep em dry, then at Mooroopna I stuck 100mph tape on the cowl vent and it wasn't to bad from there. Other problem is it's a new screen in her 33 and the Rain-x just doesn't work 100%.

swifty

25. Great pics guys....

Gotta get up there one year....

=]

26. munchr

munchr

Was an awesome weekend & I got to catch up with a few from here.
    I did the 550 klm trip up on the fri in rain the whole way, most of the time it was a good solid downpour with the occasional really heavy spurt.

I must say it is quite a good feeling to overtakea few trailer queen rods in the pouring rain in a roadster with no roof, we got soaked but that was half the fun & well worth it.....

my view (well sort of, my chin sits level with the top of the screen)
    [​IMG]

A quick stop in Bendigo to get some bolts to replace one that fell out of the front cycle guard.

If only the pics showed up just how wet it was......
    [​IMG]

27. NapalmWillie

NapalmWillie

My first time at Bright, been putting it off for too long. Thanks to Northern Surburbs Street Rod Club and Deuce Customs I came home with a free glass roadster body. Great run......keep a space for me next year. Thanks again guys........top run.

28. Anyone got any other photos of that early falcon with the wild paint job. Thanks Moondog