Register now to get rid of these ads!

So, I took out the 33 chevy, and wrecked it!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JimSibley, Nov 7, 2008.

1. JimSibley

JimSibley

Sam,
    I have over 600 hours of hands on work in this car. Some of my buddies have pitched in for a total of about 200 hours. Mostly mechanical work. Electrical, brake lines, motor assy ect... I have a big shop, so rather than send it out to them, they just come over and do it.To turn out the 8-10 cars a year I do , you need your friends to step in and help out. I guess the difference is I prefer to pay my buddies for thier time. That way when I sell the car they dont feel like I took advantage of them. We have a great time. Its really like a hotrod hobbyshop, only with coffee instead of beer so we get a lot more done.

2. JimSibley

JimSibley

Thanks, I just get a little offended. i mean I am sold out to this car building LIFE, and it makes me a little mad to be put down by someone that doesnt even know me. And heres a few pics of the willys just for laughs. By the way , the chassis on the willys had some work done by the same guy that did the welds in question, and it has held up great for a few years now.Everybody has a bad day every once in a while. Thats why we test drive, and check and re-check until its good, right?

Attached Files:

3. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

Hey glad your car looks more or less ok, nobody got hurt and it might be on video... sounds like a win, win, win.

4. wayfarer

wayfarer

On top of building cool cars, Jim is a class guy. He employs local high school kids who would otherwise be getting into trouble after school, he spends alot of his free time trying to provide opportunities for these same kids, and he will let guys he barely knows come by to use his tools anytime just because he's a nice guy. I can't wait to see this thing done, maybe he'll let me ride in it.

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

sorry about the interruption guys... I took care of it.

6. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Fix it,we need more chevies

7. Wow, glad everyone is Ok. Jim, I've seen your work on here, and this must be an isolated incident. I know it'll be fixed in no time.. Now, we're waiting for that video..

8. So what did we learn here ???? >>>>.

9. noboD

noboD

Sure glad you didn't scratch the paint. Now where's the video?

10. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

thats cool Jim,sounds like a fun place....i wish i had buddies wanting to come over and help...heck,i wish i had any buddies...:D ....i hope you didnt take that the wrong way when i asked you that,i was just confused,.

11. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

Woahhh, that looks like it must have been a fun ride! :D Glad nobody was hurt. I would like to see (and hear) that think on the road. It looks wicked! It looks like it is craving for a wheel stand!

Ahhh, don't be offended. I bet a lot of people don't do 75% of the work on their cars!

12. I'm surprised the tires didn't just break loose and spin, you'd think with that motor up front and being on a regular everyday road the traction just wouldn't be there.

13. this rod is very consistant in making threads of crazyness.

14. kenagain

kenagain
    from so cal

maybe a sign that says shop instead of my garage/mess mite help
    I feel the same way only buds that come over drink beer and I wouldnt trust them to change lite bulbs much less weld or work on anything tenacle
    Ken

15. JimSibley

JimSibley

Big power needs big brackets, and perfect welds.

16. HasonJinkle

HasonJinkle

Bring her up and we'll take her bear hunting, see if that still holds true then :D

17. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

man, theres been a bunch of shit like this on here lately! :( glad your otay and the 33 is back in shape jim!

18. You couldn't of said it better....

19. Crazy Horse

Crazy Horse
    from Arnold MO

Back to the girl that was there give her my number!!!!!

20. skwurl

skwurl

Thats a sweet ride. At least noone was hurt. Glad the car wasnt that bad off either.

21. JimSibley

JimSibley

Hows about you come down and we go for a ride and see if we can scare you. After flyin with your dad you are probably fearless.

22. tmacracin

tmacracin

I just got back home from hangin out with Jim for a couple days and was there when the 33 spit the rear out. That car LOOKS and SOUNDS BAD ASS! Did she finish the video yet?

23. Skimmer

Skimmer

I feel for you still its a tale you can tell in years to come ...........

24. Still waiting........

25. JimSibley

JimSibley

The girl brought me a copy of the vid on a disc. I will see if I can get it posted.
    Jim

26. noboD

noboD

And the crowd sighs!

27. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

aaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

28. tmacracin

tmacracin

Jim
    Got the video yet?

29. srdart67

srdart67
    from Sharon, Wi

how bout now??

30. JimSibley

JimSibley

I have the video. Can someone please help me post it. I cant get it to play on my comp. only on my cd player?