Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vets read this

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by leon renaud, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

I've been putting off buying a timing light, and I don't trust my torque wrench anymore either.
    I'll be replacing them very shortly at Sears, strictly because of this policy.

Thanks for letting us know about it!

-Brad

2. art.resi

art.resi

How about orchard supply hardware as they are owned by sears,
    do they have the same policy.

3. I had gotten this earlier in the year, the first part that is. We bought our riding mower at Sears. Any company that supports our troops and veterans deserves our business.

4. That is great news, hooray for sears and their tool department.

5. Fitysix

Fitysix
    from Md.

6. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

well, i have to do this~:D my best friend who died a yr ago next week [read here if so inclined] http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140418&highlight=rip+phil
    would have said............."why the hell would you need a hot water heater?, if the waters already hot, then you dont need a heater'!!!!! :D dont get me started on his VIN number ordeal!!!!!!!!

all in honor of my bro! not pickin on ya~!:)

7. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

Yes BOEING does take care of it's employees who serve in our military. You don't have to buy an airplane, but it means a lot to Boeing employees when you fly with an airline who uses Boeing equipment for service.

And Boeing has a slogan at it's military equipment factories: "We never forget who we are working for"

8. Harms Way

Harms Way

As a kid I would pour over the Sears "Wish Book" as Christmas was approaching for hours ( Sears and Montgomery Wards had the best Toy Departments in the world as seen through a child's eyes) ,... I am really glad to hear this (this is the America I remember),.... I will be telling everyone that I can and driving to town for a catalog ,..God bless our Military, and God bless America !

9. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

I bought a Microwave from Sears last year. This makes me want to buy more. Ditto, on the Craftsman tools. Maybe I need a few more.

Side note, Sears has a lot of cool old buildings spread around the country, some still Sears stores, some converted and a bunch empty I guess - probably a bunch of cool ones lost as well. Part of the American fabric. They have seen the ups and downs for sure and time always forces changes. I wish and hope Sears hangs tough with this economy as well.

10. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

Kmart is now also owned by Sears ladies and gentlemen so we can all also frequent there.They are also selling craftsman tools nowin Kmart stores.

11. The Monkey

The Monkey

I wonder if KMart has the same policy. since Kmart bought Sears in 2004.

12. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Oh, right. Same for OSH, Orchard Hardware and I shop there about every other day. Was just there yesterday. In fact, that is actually where I get most of my Craftsman tools.

13. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

Sorry its late i was told it was sears that bought kmart guess i was wrong.

14. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

I will second that...much appreciated!

15. Many companies do the same. Mine does.

Good reminder for the holiday season. Shop places that support our troops and the US economy...where's that link to the "made in america" thread of a couple of months ago?

16. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

I'm like foo-bear, no brain but I know things. Just old, don't blame me for it.

17. lewislynn

lewislynn

Attached Files:

18. ray

ray
    from colorado

it's been mentioned once or twice, but please make sure when you are spending your money at sears, you flip over the package and check where the product you are buying is made, throw a bone to those work in american manufacturing while you support the troops. of course if you'd rather support the communists...

19. Lucky77

Lucky77

I worked at Sears For three years selling tools, nice place to work. Everything in my garage is Craftsman and it will continue to be. Glad this bit of good news was brought to everyone's attention. I'll be shopping there this Christmas as well.

20. "Whitey Ford" 62 Uni

"Whitey Ford" 62 Uni
    from Tampa, FL

Great stuff. Im an Army vet and I always try and buy American. Its funny that in China they LOVE Buicks...they say the american car is built better and has more style, prestige and its just plain cooler. Hell Buick sells mroe cars there than here!!Then you are here and the americans are buying their shit. What a weird world.

Im off beat, yes I will shop at Sears then. Is there a website that explains which stores are supporting our troops?

21. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

As a Army vet and the Dad of a Marine (Iraqi war vet) I want to say thanks for the post and for your approval Ryan.
    We buy Sears appliances!

22. Daddyfink

Daddyfink

Looks like I am overdue for a shiny new tool from Sears!

23. Labold

Labold

...gives me a good excuse to wander through the tool section. Thanks for posting.

24. Specialdeluxe

Specialdeluxe

25. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

my company does the same. I've always shopped Sears

26. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

I've hated Sears since they refused to take my Visa card a long time ago. They USED to only accept cash and their rip-off store credit cards. They also refuesed to sell me parts for my Kenmore washer. Said I wasn't qualified to replace a hose.

I now here-with forgive them. First DECENT thing I've heard about them in YEARS.

27. Amen...even my Mom will be getting some Craftsman tools this Christmas...maybe I'll get lucky and she'll "regift" them to me

28. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Thanks for the heads up!

29. 2002p51

2002p51

I'm ex-Navy, my son is ex-Marines, and my garage is chock full of Craftsman tools.

I feel good about that.

I've been thining about buying a DeWalt grinder/sander but I'm going to go and check out what Sears has first.

30. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's legit, and about 2 months old/