Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. UberWagon

UberWagon

Well I have been lurking for a while and decided to join and see what I can learn. I am in the U.S. Army, have been for the last 7 years, and plan on keeping it that way as long as Sam will let me. I am stuck in Iraq (again!), headed to North Carolina when I get done. I have been interested in the "traditional" hot rod and custom scene for my whole life. My Grandfather kindled this interest with stories and pictures from his youth, building and racing his Hudson in the mid/late 40's. He said he was going to show me the ways of lead and lacquer but sadly never got the chance before passing away. I am on the look out for a project to honor his memory and keep the tradition and knowledge alive by teaching my daughter, who has shown a huge interest in cars, the louder and lower the better.

2. Camaro Mike

Camaro Mike

Welcome to the board. Thanks for doing what you do.

There is a wealth of knowledge on here if you take the time to mine it.

Mike

3. UberWagon

UberWagon

Thanks, I am not new to forums and plan on reading for quite a while before I go asking questions. I am on the lookout for a 1937 Hudson Terraplane 4 door (Grandpas race car) and/or a 1947 Hudson Commodore 8 convertible (Grandpas street car). At least that is what years I think the cars are from the few pics I have of them, I will keep on trying to post pics but the internet here is slow to say the least.
    Now back to mining.

4. Crazy Horse

Crazy Horse
    from Arnold MO

Just wanted to say welcome and thanks for doing what you do. My buddy did three tours in Iraqi stay safe and get home soon man

5. Hudsonator

Hudsonator
    from Tennessee

First, we thank you for your service to the US of A.

Second, us Hudnuts do lurk here. The engines your Grandpa raced were probably the Terraplane engines, all splasher oiled and babbit bearings right up to the big 8's end in '51. Not good choices for these days.

However, the Super Sixes of '49 on - about as good as it gets for an engine. They will drop-in any Terraplane 8 vehicle (length of engine bay area) as well as the 46/47 Commodore 8 vehicles. Dang good engines that you can still find mechanical parts and some speed parts for.

Cruise around the forums at this link:
    http://www.hudsonclub.org/

Welcome, and happy Hudsoning.

6. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Wish you good luck with our project search and thank you for your service.

7. HotRod33

HotRod33

Be careful over there.......Thanks for serving......it is an HONOR to have you on the site,,,,,,,

8. dudley32

dudley32

welcome from n.c....got a few hambers around here..stay safe and hurry back