Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1932 ford roadster ute

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ken1939, Nov 2, 2008.

1. ken1939

ken1939

2. CrazyDaddy

CrazyDaddy
    from Austin TX

Very nice ! These are very rare; I believe there were 200 or so built ? I have only seen one in person. Are the doors just like roadster doors, or a little different ? Would really like to see detailed pics of the tailgate plus the bed.

3. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

Very Cool !

4. ken1939

ken1939

Yes the doors and the cowl are direct 32 Roadster. The australlians normally did the rest, however, they were Ford produced in Australlia. I do have one of the brochures of the era showing the full Ford Truck line up for 32. I opted not to go with a wooden bed, I have the bed floor of a ranger, and the side panels, and gate cover, will be louvers in polished annodized aluminum. Will add pics when I get them in. Still have to rub out the bed floor.

5. PATA32

PATA32
    Member Emeritus
    from keller,tx.

Skot, Didn't Jon Scot ,in Austin, have a ute ? I belive he got it from Robbie Warden,from Austraila ???

6. looking good ken.
    Al.

7. Nice...you won't get to drive it enough in Pittsburgh with all of the snow, rain, etc...ship it out to me and I'll keep it fine running order and you can come visit it once a year if ya like...of course I am moving to North Carolina and may not leave a forwarding address

8. ken's ute pic's.
    Al.

Attached Files:

9. I love it would go good with my roadster pickup. You do nice work, not sure about the white walls though.

Bruce

10. ken1939

ken1939

When its done, you will LOVE the whitewalls :)

11. CrazyDaddy

CrazyDaddy
    from Austin TX

Looks great, thanks for the pics ! The top of the bed sides seems to be kinda wide, is that stock ? Is the tailgate also stock ? I would expect to see exposed hinges.

12. ken1939

ken1939

Look close at the bottom of the gate and you can see the hinges exposed. I have a piece being chromed that will go underneath it. I did make the bed sides wider on top for stregnth. normally there would be a few inch rollover. By making it wider I felt it gave the back end a more solid look. Believe me alot of thought went into the fabrication phase for the finished product. I know with the top on the car will probably look longer and flatter. I took an original roadster top, chopped it two inches and made it longer by 7 inches.

13. Ken,
    Nice ol rare 32:cool:. I thought the bed sides looked a little wider. I know of one that doesn't have a tail gate.....the "Aussie" said that they were originally wood? Is your tail gate newly fabricated?....looks nice. I would really like to get some sort of copy of the "brocure of the era" that would show any details of this body style.
    Thanks,
    Skot

14. Weasel

Weasel

Here are the pix in larger format.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. myke

myke
    from SoCal

Wow that's cool. Early firewall too.

16. does any one make a copy of that box? maybe ad a broockville cowl and soors then go to town

17. ken1939

ken1939

That would work, glad to say some of this is gennie. There is a company manking a repo 34 Ford Ute currently. www.roadsterute.com
    I find it hard to buy some stuff without having to weld 80% of it :)

18. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Very nice. You won't see yourself coming and going in that one like the '32 roadster guys do. Be sure to keep us updated on the progress. I can't wait to see it with a top.

Frank

19. Looks sharp Ken. But the steering wheel's on the wrong side..
    Eddie Ford has published plenty of pics of utes o'er the years- Get his 'History of Ford in Australia' by Norm Darwin- essential for ute- aholics.
    Email [email protected]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  20. ALL steel '34 utes brand new- look good, real good.
    Kelvin Waddington makes 'em- do a search

21. ken1939

ken1939

Yes! The steering wheel is on the wrong side. The dash has the attachment holes on the right hand side as well. Unfortunalty people in the US really wont want a car with RHD. They dont get "it" I have a 1931 Chevrolet Landau phaeton that is RHD. Got some parts to get it back on the road, will be interested to see how many folks dislike it cause of the RHD.

22. ange 33

ange 33
    from over here

i actually enjoy driving rhd cars, when someone cuts me off they can get up close and personal with my middle finger!!!!!