Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hollywood Hotrod,Open House <<PIC"S>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Nov 2, 2008.

1. hhrTroy

hhrTroy
    from Burbank

(same post on Dreadmans thread):D

Bad Bob, thank for bringin up the bike..your a hero! I need copies of your pics!

Jim A/So cal LA... thanks for the raffle prizes! Your support is always appreciated.

Limeworks crew...shops supporting one another, thats how it should be!

Hot Rods & Hobbies crew...more inter-shop support

Choppers......I can always count on you guys.

TikiDiablo.... You went above and beyond, thanks for the carving!

Primo from Crown Cycle & MOFOs... for the raffle bike.

THEM! guys....thanks for all your help, couldn't have these parties without you. (Even EVEL):D

I apologize if I forgot anybody, the day is pretty hectic..I am little worn out!

We had great raffle ticket sales and raised a pretty good amount of money for the Pacific Coast Dog rescue.

Thanks to everyone that came by today, amazing turnout considering the rain risk. I think some of you guys got some great camera time too, I think there were 4 camera crews onsite!

I hope everyone had fun.
    Will do it again next year!!!:)

2. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

3. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

Thanks for the pics Uncle Bob!!
    This hearse is so cool...I'd just die to ride in it! :eek::D

[​IMG]

4. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

Did these cabs come on the AA trucks? When did they use these cabs instead of the "round" cabs?

[​IMG]

5. Bad Bob ... thanks for taking the time to post all these pics ... really enjoyed 'em

6. fiveofeen

fiveofeen

any more info on this one??

7. uncleo

uncleo

Greetings from Long Branch,NJ,Americas first seashore resort and 7 time US summer capital....Great pictures Bob as our show and cruise season winds down back east....kinda cool when a film crew comes to a show to take some shots and get interviews....we had a crew from a European fashion magazine come our August West End Cruise Night that drew some 10,000 people to take shots of cars and models for an upcoming edition....thought that was kinda cool because they chose our event to do it and we dind't know they were coming....again thanks for the coverage.
    Lee- WRAT-FM

8. bobx

bobx
    from Indiana

thanks for the great pics.

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

Great photos, what are the other details on this build? The Marchall head lights look good. Looks like a great get together hope to get out there some tinme.[​IMG]

10. mikes51

mikes51

11. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

Yeah Cali. is alright I guess. (Yeah right -that shit Rocks!)

12. Von Franco

Von Franco

Troy, the work you guys are doing is great man.Hope to make it out to see you guys
    someday soon.Bob great picks as usual, you allways capture the right look with out getting to artsie lol.And Piero,my gay brother from another mother,MoM want`s her smokes back lol.....................Franco..................

13. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dammit! Wish I could have made it! Had family in town and they weren't up for it. UHG! Looks like I missed a good one.... :(

14. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

great job bob ! I love those shocks

15. Looked like a good turnout, thanks for the pics Bob.

16. The cabs are the same on 28/29 A's and AA's,,30/31 the cabs changed to the more rounded style. HRP

17. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Looks like a good time...

I was sick as a dog and never left my couch yesterday.... damn my immune system!!!!

cough cough

18. hershambob

hershambob

i belive this is being built with a british sports car (bentley???)feel to it,,maybe why its rhd,it was at gnrs last jan and had a lot of cool stuff going on

20. hhrTroy

hhrTroy
    from Burbank

You got it! Lots of Bugatti influence! The story is:
    We like building traditional styled cars, but at the same time try and push new ground on the creative end...kinda tough since by definition tradition means respecting what has already been done.
    So...for this project what I have found is that there were quite a few American bodied cars that were converted to race cars back in the 40-50's..in other countries..for Indy, board track, or whatever, some right hand drive. Sooo...We tried to design a european race influenced car with true traditional credability.
    In addition this particular customer owns a collection of eclectic vintage cars: some hot rod, some race car, all with pedigrees. It seemed fitting to build something unique, with traditional value, inspired by design cues from many of the cars in his collection. Thus the inception of the Euro-roadster.
    We are actually pushing the euro/sportscar/tradtional style in a few of our new builds. You can even see some european influence (and parts) on my copper 32 roadster (Respect Tradition).

So there ya go.

P.S. the alternator is run off of an industrial high speed cable, connected to an idler pulley made from the front/rear of an original generator. SHHHH!! don't tell.

21. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

Thanks Bob,
    A nice collection of cars and great photography.

22. jlouie

jlouie

thanks for the pics. looks like a nice turnout

23. Thanks for posting all the pics.

Any more pics of the black 33/34 coupe just behind the boom operator????

24. myke

myke
    from SoCal

Cool shots. Thanks for posting!

25. Great photos Bob. Once again I'm kicking myself for living on the right coast.
    Looking forward to meeting you when we bring the Super Bell coupe out to the GNRS.

26. AHotRod

AHotRod

Awesome pixs Bob !!!!!!!!

27. I'll put my pic's oin a flash drive and drop it by,Troy.

28. I couldn't find who owned it...

30. Thanks guys. I'm more of an event coverage kinda guy. Dreadman takes the really nice pic's,he's got the "eye"...