Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ***Gene Winfield Open House Pics ***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HHRdave, Oct 19, 2008.

1. BOBBY FORD

BOBBY FORD

Looks like Alex Gambino!

2. That's our very own Alex Gambino.

3. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

clue me in what did he do. just wondering

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

he's still doing it. do a HAMB search. he's all over the place here.

5. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

6. creepyjackalope

creepyjackalope

7. Whoa............. that's fugly.

8. Abomination

Abomination

Needs a red LED chaser light...

:D

~Jason

9. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Besides being a bad Mother fucker.. he dose it all

[​IMG]

10. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

like I said the did an announcement the said if your a painter or fabricators and want to
    be in picture they could..it wasn't about if your a popular / famous painter

11. Your fucking kidding right?

12. Dave ... cut the FNG (socalmerc) some slack ... if it weren't for the HAMB, I wouldn't know of Alex's contributions to our hobby ... compared to Winfield, Watson, Hines, etc.; Alex and the crew at Gambino Kustoms are still making a name for themselves.

13. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

14. Jay Ess

Jay Ess
    from New York

Holy shit, that's real!!!
    I went to the web site and there it was.
    I thought it was a spoof!

[​IMG]

15. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

no I'm not fucking kidding. it was a simple question. i wasn't talking shit to or about the man. i just wanted to know who he was cause i was asked if he was bill Hines son from a guy i was talking to and i said i don't know but he sure looks like a young version of him. then i seen him in the pic and and it got me wondering if he was a relative. so take it easy relax and enjoy the rest of the topic

16. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

RE: RICH EVANS DESIGNS - 19 PIECE BODY KIT......

Why did he stop at 19 pieces? Why not 20 ?

Is this kit specifically designed for the guy with a small penis??

17. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

thanks for showing me who is. i have to shake his hand next time i see him, cause that is some nice work he does. i like the little details he did on that pickup. i have a 56 big window I'm gonna be repainting and am always looking for something new done to that year of ford trucks.

hats off to you Alex you definitely do clean work

18. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

Noteboom to the rescue... what a bunch of pics. I could spend hours there just looking at the junkpiles out back.

19. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

Thanks, Man. My favorite part was looking around in the back. It was like a custom salvage yard. Here's what i wrote about the day on my blog....

One of the best things about driving through the desert is that it inspires day dreaming, and with Gene Winfield's place officially being in the middle of nowhere-- there was plenty of time to do so on our way to Mojave. While Gambino snoozed, I imagined what kind of place a guy would have after spending the past 60+ years as a hot rodder, a race car driver, a customizer-- and an overall legend. Being a guy whose history and accomplishments have never less than amazed me, my expectations were high.

Have left too damn early in the morning, my daydreaming turned to sleepdriving as i counted imaginary Fade-a-way paintjobs in my head as we passed through the damn desert. A honking horn woke me as i drifted lanes, and i was stoked to realize that the 5 hour drive somehow passed. Mojave city limits-- "Home of SpaceShip One"-- here we were.

Gene was kind enough to open up shop to everyone for his "Custom Car and Hot Rod Gathering," which also featured a rare gathering of paint & customizing legends-- Windy, George Barris, Bill Hines, Larry Watson... and many more. Everything about it was beyond my earlier imagination.....

[​IMG]
    Above is the shop from the outside-- looks like Gene picked up an old shop / wrecking yard and turned in into a custom and hot rod build shop and wrecking yard. Here's some pics from in the shop:
    [​IMG]
    "The Reactor" just happened to be hanging around!
    [​IMG]
    just a couple chops in progress...
    [​IMG]
    Walking through Winfield's shop, you quickly understand that Gene can do anything. Painting, fabricating, fiberglass pieces, racing, customizing-- the guy seems to be able to do anything. He's willing to build the tool or jig to make whatever needs to happen, happen.
    [​IMG]
    Snuck into the paint booth to spot a Caddy getting some blend....
    [​IMG]
    Gene really allowed people to make themselves at home, so I really loved roaming back behind the shop..... which was in essence a custom bone yard. I was simply shocked by the kind of things just sat around there...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Check out all 130 photos i took here on my flickr.
    Here's builders posting out in front of Bill Hines Cadillac:
    [​IMG]
    I couldn't help myself and did some stalking and autograph collecting from the greats-- while these guys are still all around, and at the same place:
    [​IMG]
    -scott noteboom

20. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

Don't know who Shine is? Really? Your f*@$%kin with us right? Hummm... OK.:confused:

21. Moldy

Moldy

The event was the best ever!
    Great time talking with all of you that showed up!

Spoke with Watson day before yesterday and he said that they have decided to make this an annual event!

Can't wait till next year.

Great snaps from those who shared..
    Thank you so much!

m

22. leocad

leocad
    from LA, CA

No I dont know who Jimmy Shine is and no Im not f****kin with you! Why is it that no one can ask a simple question in here without someone posting some hollier than thou remark?

You dont see me commenting on the fact that you dont know when to use your or you're do you?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  23. Yep ask the wrong thing and you are an instant target! Do like I do, don't know someone or something someone is talking about just google it. No one jumping down your throat that way.

24. palepainter

palepainter

The short guy on the let in the pic with the white HOK hat is Uncle Bob Spina. One hell of a striper and a good friend.

25. Shaky

Shaky
    from Idaho

Some of ya noticed the shirt swap between Watson an Winfield. I was at Watson's museum (which is incredible by the way) the week before this show, and Watson said him an ol Gene were gonna wear each others shirts as a lil joke. Watson thought that was pretty funny.