Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scored at picknpull

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by str8axleford, Oct 25, 2008.

1. str8axleford

str8axleford

Well, went to the yard to get some parts for pops daily, saw some old friends, and low n behold there was a old bucket 71 f150 with the bellhousing I needed in it... Scored it for 40 bucks. I am looking to put a windsor in my car, the 390 I got is cool, but I am looking to do a 10% set back, and I really don't want to cut up the nice headers I got for the 390 to make my fenderwell headers. I know small block headers are plentiful n cheap, so I have no qualms picking up a set and slicing and dicing. My goal is to get the car running driving and all the little sheet metal work done, and squared away, then moving on to the frame (redo it like Shaky pudin did). Need to order the slimmer springs for the axle from speedway and get the disc kit from classic industries for the reigns so I don't have to white knuckle the stops.
    I am so electrified right now, I joined the alliance last night, and got my bell housing today... I also want to get this 9" out of another donor over there b/c it had the 3" deep drums. I need to slice and dice it to make it fit, but thats fine. Just some bloody knuckle inspiration today, and I wanted to share.... One more step forward with progress.... Just a few more bucks in some parts and I should have it going.
    My intentions next year are to go though the windsor and make it a 392 with the stroker kit from I believe summit...
    I also thought up a name for the ol gal.. scarecrow. I am not going to get into detail, I will let your imagination do that part.... thanks for reading my post... I will keep you posted with pics and updates on the build as it comes along... Next step, is prep the garage to start tearing it down.
    Gary

2. Nice... I found a decent 1957 stewart warner temp gauge on the ground at pull a part on thursday.

3. str8axleford

str8axleford

sweet! I am gunns bored, ready to fire on this project.... I am working the #'s to put a 9" under it now.... thats half my battle. then springs, then brakes for the front...