Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage CuznBrucie breaks his PileUp Cherry!! (pics)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cuznbrucie, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Oh yea those guys from Iowa in the 4 four door Fords are real nice people. Very informative and helpful too. Sold me some kool decals too. I finally got the rest of your pics to down load. Wow thats a lot of kool pics.
    Scott

2. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Cool pics! Finally, some from the nightlife. :D

3. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

By all means.......steal all you want......what the hell, that's what I always do when I see good stuff on here!

Thanks for the compliment.......I try.....

CB

4. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Django.....you're in there too.....have to include a few of the Czars, right?

Sorry we did not have a chance to talk......but when I saw you it was during the Volunteer Prientation meeting and I could tell you were busy.....

Nice job running a very tight show!

CB

5. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

way cool pics ! thanks for sharing , especially the night life , wish i could've made it but these pics are the next best thing !

6. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Really cool pics dude, thanks for sharing. Looks like ya'll had a really good time!

7. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

CB, glad I got to meet and talk with you. Great pic's especially the ones from downtown. Gary

8. T_Bird Guy

T_Bird Guy

CB, great pics, and it was nice meeting you and hang out this weekend.

9. Hellfish

Hellfish

probably not. It's a local dance club. All the fights started there. All the hot rod action was next door in the Red Cent

Tell Gene his coupe is awesome

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

But they did have a clean ladies room with no lines :D

11. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Gabe......thanks so much for all of your hospitality while I was in Pella......you, Blake, Alex, Morgan, and your Dad, Ron really made me feel at home.......I enjoyed the hell out of hanging and traveling with you.......

Hope I can get back out there sometime and we'll do it all again!

I'll be sending some disks of all my pics to Steve.....he can share them with you, Gene Cross, Gene Senn, Joe,Vance and all the other local guys I meet while out there.......

Great times with great people!

CB

12. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I'm thinkin' IOWA produces the BEST patina on cars and truks over the years...no other state compares...

Great photos CB...I dislike looking at the several different threads that post photos of the same 10 cars...gets boring after a while having to sift thru them...

R-

13. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

40StudeDude......Thanks for the vote of confidence......your words are much appreciated.....BTW.....I had a '40 Stude once....Commander Coupe.....looked like a BIG '40 Ford somewhat! Never got it on the road though.....got an offer I couldn't refuse....

povertyflats........I am flattered by your comment.....thank you.......there was a lot of good stuff to photograph out there......I enjoyed seeing Iowa for the first time.....always flew over it! Doesn't look all that different from the farmlands here in Southern Jersey.......more corn and soybeans though!....and not anywhere near as much woods and evergreens as South Jersey....and, of course, they have no ocean! :)

CB

14. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I STILL have mine... to wit:

[​IMG]

Mine's got over 130,000 miles on it (400" SBC, rebuilt in 1983)...still going strong...drive it to the HAMB drags every year...and anywhere else I feel like...

R-

15. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey!!!----Whats up with the title?---I failed to see YOUR 3 WND coupe!----Did you break it?--------------Don

16. Roorda

Roorda
    from Pella IA.

great pics cb. i wish i wasnt rushing to get mine ready to go when fordy6 and you stoped.
    are you coming agian next year?

17. HulaZombie

HulaZombie

NICE PIX....like the artzy ones !!

18. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Roorda......may not come out next year as I want to do Hershey....not sure yet if it conflicts......also doing the LA Roadster Show.......can't do too many expensive trips!

Deuce Daddy Don......you've got me.....I'm a pussy.....too far for me and my little flathead to go......it's hard enough just flying for a day to get out there and to get back!

'40StudeDude........now THAT's what I call a Studebaker custom! Beautiful car!

CB

19. GREAT pictures!! i loved all the cars there and i couldnt get enough pictures!! so thank you for posting yours!!

20. Great Shots Brucie! Though I have to say that the pic of you asleep on the table makes sense with all of those blurry beer goggle shots now :D!

But really there are some great shots in there. It makes me wonder what you edited out. That army green A with the 32 grill and Y-block (thats what it looks like anyway) is pretty cool.

I look forward to seeing you at Flemings (hey do I need to register for that or something?).

— MRAK

21. ha ha looks like it was 2 beers that did it too:D

22. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Thanks for the pics Bruce, looks like you had a great time. It was nice to see pictures of some of the people at the Pile Up, we all know good people make a good time!

Don't worry, you didn't miss much at Hershey, first year in history no mud or rain! :D

23. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Never too young to be exposed to hot rods, tattoos are cool, and hot rods as far as I can tell were never called "traditional hot rods," just, "hot rods!!!!" Just my2cent!

24. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

MRAK.......no pre-registration required,......just get there early as you can.....it's first come to get the better parking spots or you'll be way out in the grove of trees.......which is still pretty cool.......

http://www.flemingshows.com/

See you there........this Sunday is ATCO Raceway's Philly Modifier's Show and Drags........

http://www.philadelphiamodifiers.com/Modify2.htm

CB

25. slammed

slammed

WOW! Killar pix!! You covered e'vr thing to do w/ that week-end. Esp. the nightlife. I can't go to those place's.

26. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

glad you made it out and back safe brucie, sounds like you had a nice time with the locals

27. Great photos as always my friend!

Nice to see you didn't discriminate between the cool cars :D and the abortion's :eek: (you can argue among yourselves as to which is which)

Hope to see ya out here again soon.

Dyno Don

28. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Zach......if it wasn't for the *locals* I wouldn't have had half the fun I had out there.....a great bunch of people, especially the *Pella Guys*!!

Don.....thanks....yep.....I took shots of just about everything there....everything was , at least, *interesting*.......see you next June at the LA Roadster Show......we'll meet up at So Cal on Friday, if you're going.......you can buy me a couple of *In N Out Burgers!!

CB

29. Double Double's you're on my friend