Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT? Need wiring diagram for '71 C-10 Neutral safety switch (auto trans)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alteredpilot, Oct 9, 2008.

1. uh...we're ....uh ...using the column and electrical in a really traditional hot rod....i swear....

my mitchell system diagrams don't show the NSS. maybe they're for a manual

any help would be greatly appreciated...

thanks.

2. is there something like this on the bottom of the column?

Attached Files:

3. exactly.
    the switch is broken and someone bypassed it.
    we wanna make it right.

thanks.

4. the switch may also have backup lights and other stuff too. i usually find on a switch like that the two terminals on the left side are for neutral safety...use an ohmmeter to check , you should have continuity (0 ohms )in park and neutral only. with the shifter in any other position there should be no continuity...infinite ohms

the wire from the start position on the ignition switch goes to one side...the other side goes down to your starter to the inside or S terminal. GM usually used a 14 gauge purple wire

Napa or any good auto parts store should be able to get you a new one.

6. thanks...
    we already have a new one, just wanna put everything back together right after we put a trans and linkage in it....

7. upzndownz

upzndownz

8. cool. thanks.

but remember...we're working on a really traditional hot rod here.

we did some investigating and it looks like someone just removed the wiring connector and spliced the wired together.

any idea where to find a replacement connector?

i'll check that website first since thats the year the column and electrical are...:D

9. paintpyro

paintpyro

Will this work for you?

http://www.boomspeed.com/bofh1968/chevy/master_wiring_diagram.pdf