Register now to get rid of these ads!

The New Paso Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cruiser, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Cruiser

Cruiser

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  2. Looks like 1000 other cars shows from anywhere in the country. So what's your point?

3. klazurfer

klazurfer

4. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Put some wheels that fit on that Falcon and it would be a fine car???

5. Retrorod

Retrorod

............yawn!

6. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Lame!

(Although entering the car show probably got you deep discounts on chardonnay at all the local wineries.)

Who's the winner here? The city loses a great car show, and we lose Paso--which was a great location (still, even without the A&W, which I miss greatly).

I bet it was the guy with the Camaro. Or the other guy with the Camaro.

7. Movinman

Movinman

The point is, it used to be something worth being a part of. Now it's the same old shit seen everywhere else in the country.

8. Well, your a little ray of sunshine today aren't you?

9. 54chebby

54chebby
    BANNED
    from Ohio

Looks like a local cruise-in to me ! BORING !

10. Muttley

Muttley

Wow, those pics are beyond lame...............notice the complete lack of people in the background of the photos? The city of Paso Robles made a HUGE mistake.

11. Larry T

Larry T

Well, let's see. Looks like laid back attitude, lots of car(= lots of $$$$$). I'll bet the city elders are satisfied with the show.
    Larry T

12. zombie

zombie

after the way the city did penny, and wcc, they wont get any support from me. the city elders can take their car show, and shove it up their "wine-hole". i havent drove through that town since, and probablly never will.

z

13. SlamIam

SlamIam

Every couple weeks when I head for the coast now I make it a point not to spend any time or money in Paso Robles. Glad I got to go the last Paso with my son before it folded.

14. mtlcutter

mtlcutter

Super YAWN. I have a stapler on my desk that looks like more fun than that car show.

15. Daddyfink

Daddyfink

Has anyone else here, besides me, just gotten totally jaded on car shows?

I could care less anymore if I ever go to another car show. And I am so tired of those retarded show shirts with all the neon color on them. Maybe I need to get old and get some gray hair to appreciate them. And why does everything have to be related to Route 66? Shit man, lets start the I-5 Nationals!

16. Yet another rubber stamp event...too bad...

17. My 75 year old dad (in town from Minn.) was looking over my shoulder while I was digging thru these (YAAAAWWWWNNN) photos. He asked if there were any pics of REAL hot rods, or if it was just one of those "old guys gatherings" (he and my mom are in town for the Ca Hot Rod Reunion and Drags this coming week-end at Famoso).
    Nuff said.

18. chaddilac

chaddilac

something went drastically wrong!!

[​IMG]

19. I'm sure not going to drive 3-1/2 hours to see that show.

20. davidvillajr

davidvillajr

If it's I-5, it should be the I-5 INTERNATIONALS. :D

That dang thing runs from Canada to Mexico!!

dv

21. Gearhead Mike

Gearhead Mike

Wow... craptastic! It's everything we've always been against all in one place! I could actually hear "Theme from a Summer Place" playing over the loudspeakers in the park while looking at those photos. No thanks!

22. Oh huh?... What?... I'm sorry. i fell asleep while....looking.......at......those.....pictu ...........z....zz....zzz....zzzz....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

23. ...ahh yes...music to die by...all good things apparently do come to an end...apparently some more abruptly than others...R.I.P.P.

24. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

One of the candidates running for the Paso Robles City Council in November's election states that his goal is to bring the West Coast Kustoms show back to town......at least one guy realizes they screwed up-

25. Doctor Destructo

Doctor Destructo

If I actually cared about the success of that show I would be disappointed. Alas, I care not.

26. Wow, i know you said it was bad, but...
    they dumbed it down, removed all character and dropped the attendance of both cars and people in half. City council should be so proud of themselves, politics as usual.

To think that was once my annual Mecca.

27. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Good for him, but now that WCK has had a taste of what a gate fee can bring in, I can't see them going back to an open park venue.

28. tommy v

tommy v

it won't be to long before it's dead , i see the rats aready made it there [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  29. Cruiser

Cruiser

Well, it looks like everyone gets the point except Rick Venza, the Paso city council tore out our hearts and replaced it with this mundane cookie cutter car show. Reading between the lines is a good skill to develop. :D
    Stu Padasso said a person is running on the format of bringing the West Coast Kustoms back, it won't happen now that the WCK have found a home in Santa Maria. In my heart, I would love to return to Paso, it just isn't in the cards. Viva La Paso Maria........

CRUISER :cool:

30. racer756

racer756

I know of this car, I dont think the owner would appreciate you calling his "under construction" car The RRR word.