Register now to get rid of these ads!

55-56-57 Chev truck frt. fenders the same?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty1, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Are tri-five Chev truck front fenders all the same? ...any differences?...I'm
    talkin 1/2 tons.
    thanks.

2. thrasher

thrasher

yes there all the same

3. Hey Sam, 55-56 are the same but 57's have a small indentation on each side of the inner grille opening so that the 57 grille will fit properly. I've had quite a few NOS fenders over the years and they all had the 57 indentation in them. I just filled them in when used on a 55-56.

Max

4. thanks guys.

5. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

YES and NO! I'm getting too technical here, but, there were TWO 55 Chevrolet trucks; the first series 55 looked like a 54, the second series is what most people are more familiar with. Same thing happened with the 70 Camaro. My younger brother had a 56 with the wrap around rear window and the LOOOONG box ( I guess there were THREE bed lenths back then); it had a 283 with one of my Muncie M-21s' in it. Headers and dual eaxhaust. It had the longest bullet style glasspacks on it I've ever seen, and that truck had the coolest sound. All that's left of it now is the 4-speed he gave back to me, the rest got crushed. Butch/56sedandelivery.

6. Richard Head

Richard Head

Tri five usually implies the task force series.
    When I got my 55 second series upholstered, my upholsterer asked if it was the body style that looked like a 56 or the ugly one. I kind of chuckled.

Dave