Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage **Goodguys Ft. Worth Pics!**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Anderson, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Anderson

Anderson

I gotta say....and think of this what you will....but there are two annual car shows in Texas I will never miss. One is the Roundup, the other is Goodguys.

The variety of cars, the quality of cars, the people, the driving events they include....it's all hard to beat.

Couldn't wait to do it last year and was just as excited about it this year....the Autocross!! The car was slow and I spun the tires all the way around the track, but it was an absolute blast for the second year in a row!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O_4RwwNNUXM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O_4RwwNNUXM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I didn't break anything either :D

Onto the show pics...

[​IMG]

This thing was incredibly nice...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The roadster pick up and this sedan had to be the two coolest cars at the show.
    [​IMG]

Doc's newest acquisition with a fresh Fat Lucky interior. NICE!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Anderson

Anderson

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Something about this thing....its too low, it's got that gay fake patina, it's cartoonish.....but I really like it. The Chevy grill was a killer idea, and the windshield is awesome.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  3. Anderson

Anderson

The pink was a little much, but this thing screams '60's redline Hotwheel!
    [​IMG]

More perfection belonging to Don Smith.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shameless self promotion...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Neat car...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More of that sedan...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Anderson

Anderson

[​IMG]

High tech....but the lines were nice, and the chop was right on.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ready to take it out on the track...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Theman, themyth, thelegend, Bob Wilson in the BG.
    [​IMG]

I almost didn't post these two....but can't resist.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's all folks!

Oh, and as always, more at the link. Skip to page 2 to see stuff thats not my car.

http://www.thefidgiter.com/ggtx08/

5. str8Pipe65's

str8Pipe65's

that show had a pretty good turnout!!

6. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

The video of your car is cool. What the hell happened to that Chevy that was waiting to go after you?

Awesome pics. Hope there's heaps more.

7. Stone

Stone

nice pics. Thanks for the coverage

8. tedster

tedster

Great pictures. Thanks for posting. Ted

9. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Man the best pictures I have seen thus far, and again I missed finding you to say hi. Everytime we went over to the autocross all I ever saw where camaros, and that ugly green wheeled monster

10. Anderson

Anderson

Kind of unfortunate, huh? And not to knock right hand drive at all, but they converted it to right had drive for some odd reason...would probably work great down in Aus. or NZ, but it just doesn't make sense 'round here.

11. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

very good pics, we just finished that 66' nova (pink pearl with redlines for this show two weeks ago, 14 months to recreate to the nut and bolt a car he had in 68 it is exact in every way he says, sure was an experience building it too, did the eng and induction and headers on the gold sedan last week as well as a complete build on the red 55 gasser with the blower in 06' a good year for us looked like. and robert that drives my nova race car won the auto cross in his ford pickup too. thanks for looking when i couldnt make it.

12. Anderson

Anderson

Coming from you, that's one hell of a compliment! Looked through the photo books sitting out by your van, some really amazing stuff in there.

I did the autocross first thing Saturday morning, spent about an hour or so and made 6 or 7 passes and then parked the car. Those Detroit Speed Camaro's were tearing ass around the course....would have loved to pilot one of those around. That green thing....yuck.....The Roadster Shop needs to stick to building roadsters, and give up their twisted visions of monochromatic Chevelles.

13. great pics, that Packard was unbelievable!!

14. wz56km

wz56km

Great pics, does that gold sedan have that 4x2 Barry Grant Demon 98 carb setup? I think that is the first time I've seen it in a car if that is the case.

15. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

that looks like a great show

Doc, your blue sedan is incredible. I loved it since I first saw it. but the interior that Fat Lucky did made it even better. WOW.

anyone know who owns the flat blue roadster pu...

16. Anderson

Anderson

17. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Thanks man. Kevin Silva, Ryan, John Joyo, Bob Bleed, Fat Luck (Shaun), and the rest of the A.S.S. crew were responsible for how cool the car turned out.
    I was feeling pretty proud when we won the Suede and Chrome pic. That was, until I ran out of gas waiting in line for the trophy ceremony. That's wasn't a sunburn on my face in the pics. I was blushing from embarrassment. What a goof ball move. As they pushed me up in the line, I saw Kirk grinning from ear to ear. I swear if he posts a pic of those guys pushing my car with a thumbs up from Fonzi, I'm going into the witness protection program.

Doc.

18. 29paul

29paul

What were the door panels on the blue roadster truck made of?Looks like spray bed liner.Nice pics thanks

19. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

doc your interior and car where amazing I kept going over there all day and inhaling that new leather smell

20. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Thanks for the kind words we had such a great time finally meeting alot of people on here for the first time since moving to texas. I didnt even take a single picture all weekend, but I did get hired to shoot several automotive portraits just by hanging out by the van all day lol

Seriously though your pics are alot better than what will wind up in alot of mags

21. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

This car was a beauty to behold. Absolutely awesome interior...and Docs girlfriend was a babe...:)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  22. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

Yes i put it on last week along with a new camshaft and headers.for him. it is the first set put on a car i believe, the instructions said temporary and were a bit vague but work great , I mean great

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  23. ratman

ratman

Great pics, looks like an awesome event

24. Anderson

Anderson

I heard it leaked pretty bad? Interesting setup to see in person. How much better does it work than a set of Strombergs or Rochesters?

25. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

TY for the great pics!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  26. Cruiser

Cruiser

Another great show from the GoodGuys with lots of cool rides. This one below is going to be very cool when done..........

CRUISER :cool:

Attached Files:

27. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

the leak was the oil pan , Old cal custom aluminum, not the intake set up ..it had 4 97s on a weiand intake and an old mag, ran like shit and just bad at best, this deal idles like injection and unreal response.

28. Anderson

Anderson

Not like I could ever afford it, but good to know some real world info on them. Again, killer car.

29. ...and Docs girlfriend was a babe...:)

She still is!!:D:D:D

30. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

thanks for the pic.s, looked like a great show and your hot rod looks like fun!