Register now to get rid of these ads!

1961 falcon / Moon discs or not

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Evilfalcon1961, Mar 4, 2008.

1. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

I think that would look good. I like the wide whites also.

2. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

That even looks good WITH the window tint...Im guessing your interior is a similar color???

3. Evilfalcon1961

Evilfalcon1961
    from Ma

what did it have in it ?

4. Evilfalcon1961

Evilfalcon1961
    from Ma

yea welll not really... my interior is blue. but what the hell you cant see it through the tint anyways.. got the paint scheme colors from my dads harley... i figure itd look pretty cool any other color combinations you guys have in mind?

5. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

then just go to a nice turquoise to blend slightly with the interior colors

6. Evilfalcon1961

Evilfalcon1961
    from Ma

yea i think im going to do the bottom with like a cream white .. overall when its done i think it will look half way decent im kinda sick of the black and white !!

7. evilgenius

evilgenius

here's another idea. 14" cragars, subtle body pinstriping, lowered, flaked roof, shaved emblems, trim, and radiused doors.

[​IMG]

8. Powerband

Powerband

I don't get the 4-Lug reponse. What is the problem with something different than most of the rest and obviously part of the cars' signature package?.

There were two six cars for every eight cylinder Mustang and the early Round Body Falcon woke up the world the possibilities of light - tight unibodies with a million different ways to make it go. As a kid in the 60's I remember the neighborhood bad ass who's dad helped him with a Futura convertible that was the stoplite to stoplite king for a while with his FOUR lug - six cyl. Falcon.

Powerband
    [​IMG]

9. I was just wondering if it still had the 6-banger rear end and such.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2024
  10. SpeedyPAt

SpeedyPAt
    from Spokane Wa

Here is a quick photo shop version

Attached Files:

11. VNCduke

VNCduke
    from Washougal

I was talking about that car in particular, not all falcons, of course Ford could have afford to make it 5 lug from the factory.

12. Ghostcruiser

Ghostcruiser
    from NE Florida

The chrome-reverse steelies look nice!:)
    Rob

13. Timmy Z

Timmy Z

No moons....Blackwalls, black steels w/chrome lugs like RJP said looks great. I would leave the ass end in the air too mostly because that always how my pop would build his cars.

14. my wheel setup:

Attached Files:

15. Evilfalcon1961

Evilfalcon1961
    from Ma

you falcon is reeeeally nice what color is that!?

16. oldskoolcreeper

oldskoolcreeper
    from California

I know I'm just kind of intruding apon your conversations, but i think your falcon looks better with the skinny white. Granted yes the gangster wides are nice but only on the correct application.I also like the direction you have taken you car in, I have had nine Falcon/Ranchero's and now I have a 61 rancho my self.I put the skinny white on it because i took a new direction with this one and it turned out alright.

17. oldskoolcreeper

oldskoolcreeper
    from California

PS I think you should do whatever you think looks good ,do what you think looks right. I have tried asking other peoples opinions, and if i would have listened, i would end up with cars that look good to other people, and not to my self.I feel that if you have cars running in your blood you will know what to do with your car. I'm not saying don't ever listen to people, but take what they say with a grain of salt, and do as you please who cares if anyone but yourself like it. Your not building it for them.

18. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Id stick with black on black. I have a set of full smoothie caps and 14 inch mustang wheels to go on my 62 Ranchero, and its gonna be lowered mild custom look.

19. skwurl

skwurl

Its a Comet but we tucked em and these are 14 in wheels.

Attached Files:

20. skwurl

skwurl

Spring service. Johnson city Tn for 20 bones.

21. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Guess I'm a bit late to the party,but I just thought I'd stop by and say that IMHO evilgenius has NAILED IT.That looks sweet!

22. Thanks, it's 2004 Saturn Lime, used on the Vue and Ion, one year only. Base coat, clear coat, but flattner was used in the clear coat stage. The roof is silver base with silver monster flake. White pinstripes to follow...

23. any progress? have you lowered that sucker yet? i chopped the coils on my falcon with the help of some buddies both sides took less than an hour one sunday morning 2 coils per side , so nothin to be scared of. For the rears i brought a second hand set of rears for 40 dollars and took them to the spring works and had them reset 4 inches lower. here's a pic,it's still a work in progress[​IMG]