Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage HERSHEY Swap Meet Predictions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Like Ruth's Chris is to McD's...

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Quit going to Carlisle in 1978 when it started to nose over on good parts. This Hershey is 39 in a row for me.

3. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Each year someone finds a roll-A-$$$ that fell outta some one's stuff

I always look down :)

And if you see a mime doing 'I'm in a box' Kick his ass for me!

I gotta lay off the Czech soda :D

4. Von Dago

Von Dago
    from New Jersey

I predict I'll be there a day or two and will have a couple of cocktails.:D

5. banjorear

banjorear

Mimes are scary. I mean, what the f*ck is the point....

6. sawzall

sawzall

I am an optimist.. and given last years good fortune,

this year..

I'll find everything I need,

I sucker an unsuspecting friend (who is a swap meet virgin) into hauling all the junk I am buying back to the truck.. and thereby addict him to the yearly hershey pilgrimage.

I'll eat too much pizza,

I'll drink a beer at the WICK for old times sake

and wish I didn't need to return home so early..

and when its over.. I'll still wish hershey lasted the year round.

in the end..
    I'll still be better off than all my "coworkers" who spend every waking minute watching overpaid athletes chase a ball down a field, or HUNT creatures that I can buy in the grocery store..

and I will NOT give a damn about the economy..

Till the following MONDAY..

7. Noland

Noland

Im going to carlise friday and then to Hershey next wednesday and thursday. Hope to get something good see a few people I really dont know and pull the wagon for awhile.

8. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

What money I have to spend is already spoken for,..picking up a few parts there,...so, if I can sell a few other things in the meantime, I'll have a few pennies to blow,....then come monday I'll realize I shouldn't have! HA!

9. officerfalfa

officerfalfa

I don't think the economy will hurt Hershey either, Hershey money is definately different money!!!

10. pickupman55

pickupman55

I'll be there browsing for parts saturday and sunday wearing my HAMB t-shirt.

11. Von Dago

Von Dago
    from New Jersey

pickupman55...Swap meet starts winding down late Friday. Car show is Saturday. There's nothing on Sunday.
    Tuesday, Oct. 7th is set-up day. Best to be get there Tuesday thru Friday morning, in my opinion.
    Have fun.

12. hot rod surplus

hot rod surplus

anybody seen the weather forecastfor the week ??????? will be there with junior and clark . hope to meet up with some of you guys stop buy and have a beverage .

13. Von Dago

Von Dago
    from New Jersey

50% chance of rain on Friday.
    weather.com

14. Is Jako coming out? Hylander........ Thats guy is cool, crazy smart, smart ass as well. Hahaaaa.

I need a 37 tube for my belly tank if anyone can help. Much appreciated.

15. jspero

jspero
    from Maryland

I agree that stuff in the mid range ($100 - $1000) will be the real bargains. I thnk stuff under that will be about the same as always unless the dealer is just dumping stuff to get out (a distinct possibility seeing the age of some vendors).

I'll be there Wednesday to Friday with my dad. I haven't been to fall Carlisle in ages and will probably not go back. I go Spring Carlisle to get out of the house, but I can finish in a day skipping over the trinkets, toys, and other stuff I have no interest in.

*** Wanted Ad ***
    If anyone has mechanical fuel injection stuff they want to sell at Hershey (or you are in the area from Hershey to Northern Va.), let me know where you are going to be. I'm looking for Hilborn 265-C-8 units (3 piece casting) in restorable shape, as well as spare parts (slot-style pumps (or -0 hex pumps), pill boxes, throttle linkage, shutoffs, etc.). I have one on my '31 Ford, but like to have spares in case something brakes and I would like to put a matching one on my dad's car.

Jay

16. noboD

noboD

Typical Hershey weather... 20 or 90, rain, snow, AND/OR drought.

17. pickupman55

pickupman55

I was there last year on Saturday to pick up tires at the Coker trailer and the lots were full of people selling stuff. After I loaded up the tires in my truck I spent the rest of the day walking around. Did they change it this year?, I have not yet checked the info on the event website.

18. Von Dago

Von Dago
    from New Jersey

If you thought the lots were full on Saturday, you should see Wednesday, Thursday and Friday :D
    The car show awards are Saturday night and that's the end.
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

You are correct sir! Tuesday sees the killer buys.

20. pickupman55

pickupman55

well I wont get there till Sat, I have to work and cant take off

21. 5window

5window

Saturday's fun because of the car judging taking place that day. There will be some venders hanging in there-but get there EARLY and do the vendors first. Another bonus to Saturday is that you can dumpster dive and lots of guys will dump some interesting stuff rather than take it home. Make lemonade.

22. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

I'll be at Hershey, just like every year. I don't think you can predict anything, I have been there in rain, sun, nice weather etc. I have found deals on something every year. Seems when it rains, people unload things fast for cheap prices.....