Register now to get rid of these ads!

Well, I decided to sell my Porsche

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty210, Jul 22, 2004.

1. rusty210

rusty210

I just finished listing it on Ebay. I'll be sick when it goes, but I'll feel better when I'm back in a big V8 powered American car. Actually going to be looking for a truck. It will be a long time before I finish my 54 Chevy, and I think an F1 or F100 will fit until then. The Porsche is a great car, but Im afraid to drive it because parts are so expensive if something breaks I'd have to sell a kidney to fix it. And I just miss horsepower. Not much in a 68 912. Just thought I'd share.

2. Iceberg

Iceberg

I had a '77 911S that I sold several years ago and bought my '35 Ford Pickup. It was wicked fast and squirely as hell but I loved it. The old flatty is really cool & people love it, but I do miss the Sunday morning blasts in the Porsche. It would put hair on chest when it was wet!

Attached Files:

3. My kid drove my old 1985, 944 over to my place last night after doing a really intense detail job on it. I still think I did just fine trading it to him for his 92 Lumina coupe daily driver.....which, coincidentally, was my wifes daily driver for 10 years....

4. crow

crow

[ QUOTE ]
    It would put hair on chest when it was wet!

[/ QUOTE ]
    nuthin like drop throttle oversteer, I miss my SC. It was a ratted piece of shit, just perfect for driving like it should be; ass out all the time.