Register now to get rid of these ads!

Studebaker or Golf?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by yorgatron, Sep 18, 2008.

1. 54BOMB

54BOMB

Ha that cracked me up, Ive had 7 of them. You know urbane and urban are different words right.

2. zgears

zgears

Yawn, I'd say 90% of the people that tailgate me are in a Jetta. they market to the young dumb college student.

I once had a diesel rabbit truck(42 mpg).... that's why I said .. Usually

3. zgears

zgears

look it up smart guy.

4. 4HawkRod

4HawkRod
    BANNED

5. I'm sure the guy that got the golf is thrilled to have a "reliable" late model with good MPG, and Yorgatron brother is thrilled to be rid of the boring VW for something that can be given a rather cheap facelift and have something cool and unusual...

No kidding...some cheap fun there!

6. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

I'd paint it orange and put orange plexiglass windows in it. When it rains and the sliding roof leaks, smile cause you are not driving a #@cking Golf.

7. Cruiser

Cruiser

:) I would say for the price range of $1,500. the trade was a good one. The Golf will only go down in value and the Stude will hold a better price as it gets older. The Stude will make a very good family cruiser. Good deal....................

CRUISER :cool:

8. Weasel

Weasel

Plus you can drive around with a tall fridge in the back of the Studie - how cool is that?:D

9. racer756

racer756

Lovely, just lovely.

10. wvenfield

wvenfield

Just to be a prick.

Cooler? Easily the Stude.

Which would I rather have? Easily the Stude.

Which will hold their value better? The Stude will not be a world beater, but still the Stude.

My only issue is $1500 OBO. So you could likely buy it for 12-1300 hundred. With the way things are right now I think the Golf would bring more than that.

If your time isn't worth a few hundred bucks, the point is moot. The Stude is far cooler.

11. OshkoshRob

OshkoshRob
    from Oshkosh

SCORE!!!!!!

and I'm a bit partial to V-dubs having owned a bunch including a Golf but I'd rather have the stude.

12. rottenrod

rottenrod

i have to agree with whats been said already should have bought the stude sold the golf and used the extra money to put into the stude awesome car though

13. Shirley you jest!

And what's with those hubcraps on the box? They look like you open 'em like an old suitcase.

Thanks,
    Kurt

14. Studebaker is the winner, as long as you already have a transportation appliance.

15. The water cooled VW's, Audi's, etc are complete crap no matter which way you slice it. Sure they might be great when they aren't chomping a hole in your wallet for repairs.

The fact that the Stude is still rolling about today is the testament as to which is the better car.

I think it was a good trade!

16. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I wanna see the sliding roof.

17. borndead327

borndead327

whats a citybilly? drugie? nope drug free
    sorry germans build a better car, i have 178000 on the clock with not one problem. cant find a modern american car that can do that

18. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

dude,nobody around here is into krautmobiles as much as you are,give up already :rolleyes:

19. baader

baader

I think it would take 10 german POS`s to get a stude like that around here.

20. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

Stude is way better!!

21. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

I would have the golf over the pooh brown grocery hauler. I like old cars but not ugly ones. I need a good daily not an old wagon.Something I could autocross would be fun too. If that was a 53 commander coupe than I would trade in a second!

22. crashbox

crashbox

23. 6tall

6tall

Around here the Golf would be worth at least $1500. The Stude .... probably 3-4 times that. As for practicality, efficiency, value : The VW. As for me ? I'd take that Stude 7 days a week. Congrats......... good deal for the new Stude owner. I'd love to see some follow-up pics as this story progresses.