Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest I Love My JOB----or----RICH GUASCO RULES!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Sep 16, 2008.

1. KIRK!

KIRK!

I'll check in the stash of photos tomorrow.

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Great guy for sure. I was lucky enough to spend a week with Rich cruzn throughout CA in our hot rods. He was kind enough to give me a little Pure Hell hot wheel car as a gift on that trip. I see him a couple of times each year and it's like dear old friends each time we run into each other. Please tell him Denise said hi next time you see him........and get him on the HAMB to tell us stories and answer questions.

The dude is a hard core, drive across country, hot rodder.

Rich, Dad and Scott talking near Rich's 5 window in Columbus this year
    [​IMG]

Me and Rich in DesMoines this year
    [​IMG]

Rich's '61 AMBR roadster, Lake Tahoe, CA
    [​IMG]

Rich under his car in Jay Leno's parking lot fixing something....shortly after he had major surgery, on his knees I believe it was.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  3. hemi

hemi

He's awesome, hands down... He let me drive the AMBR roadster and follow him in his five window back to his house after shooting them once. I was so in awe that I almost didn't get on it at the stop light... almost. (You know I did.)

It's pretty peppy! :D

and his stories are awesome...

4. poorboy

poorboy

geez quit bragging already! haha j/k awesome story!

5. 1badnov

1badnov
    from South Bay

I first meet Rich back in 92 when I worked @ Blackstone racing. I learned to hate porting Hemi heads. Makes my neck hurt just thinking about it. Later I would find out that my uncle Len is really good friends with him & painted a lot of stuff for him. My uncle still has the original rear end out of Pure Hell. Last year my uncle sold the sister car (Fred Cerruti's Quality Auto) to the sons of Fred Cerruti. Rich came over looked @ the car, said yep! thats the car... Now were is my old rear end. Its still sitting there.

6. There's one one as we speak ending on Thursday. Current price is $112.50

7. Yes Mr. Venza ... that's the same one in my "click HERE" link above ;)

There's also a Buy It Now for $185 ... just click here.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  8. couverkid

couverkid

Damn that is a story.

9. Iron-Iceberg

Iron-Iceberg

Wow this is cool, I had my Pure Hell shirt on yesterday at work. And I was thinking its about time for a new one. Any where to get one?
    Oh and Kirk I sit right next to Pure Hell too. Its just a lot smaller. And on the book shelf. LOL

10. Regardless of what some will say, I don't see that as bragging or raising your social status, I just see a great little story to share about a truly genuine guy.
    But I do think I now Hate you :D

11. tiger mark

tiger mark
    from burbank,il

What you have is not called a job but a adventure. Makes getting up in the morning a pleasure. Have any job openings? Where do I apply?

12. ruralrod

ruralrod

A year or so ago, Rich and a buddy, who I cant remember, had some issues with their hotrods coming back from Indy. They were a few miles out of my hometown. They came into town and asked if there were any hotrodders around. Well, being that it is a small town, everyone knows everyone. They gave him our phone number. Long story short we helped him out and his buddy. We invited him to dinner at our house and he didn't even hesitate. When he showed up at the door he handed me a model and a bottle of wine. I now remember his buddy had some ties to a vineyard. The model was signed and the wine was awesome. Rich is truly an amazing, yet NORMAL guy. After dinner I felt like we were friends for years.

13. I got it better than KIRK!

I deal with morons and I feel superior.

14. Daddyfink

Daddyfink

The man is a class act and if anyone ever gets the chance to meet him, do it! And his former pilot, Dale Emery, is also a great guy and a top notch wrench.

15. KIRK!

KIRK!

I too deal with some morons, but I also deal with hot rodding geniuses that make me feel like an idiot in their shadow. I don't mind feeling like an idiot around them though.

16. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Man kirk thats awesome its always cool when you get to meet your heros and they are regular guys its what makes the taking pictures of cool cars for a living worth doing.........I know you know its not the money lol

17. :mad: I [​IMG] KIRK!'s job.

18. GEEZZER

GEEZZER

Rich ,the ultimate hot rodder!

19. Ask Rich if he ever raced against Henry Harrison. Then ask if he ever beat him. That should coax a few good stories out of tha Pure Hell dude.

20. farm boy

farm boy
    from reedley

Kirk, You may have seen the black 39 delux Rich just bought, Well it was purchased from a good friends Widow down here in Dinuba ca. Another buddy was doing the rebuild on the car when he passed away, Rich and him hit it right off,
    Any how Wed. he brings rich over to see my Cancer Car, Wow, what a guy, just like every one on here said, super nice, down to earth, we sat out in the shop for probably 2 hours, told me to get rid of my posters of the winged express, and what a pos it was, then proceded to make my hemi race worthy ( told him it's for the street ) I know he was thinkin', "why waste a hemi on the street"!!!!
    As he's leaving, he apologizes for takin up so much of MY time, Jeez, He could take up a whole week for all I care.
    Great laughs, Great afternoon, Great guy
    OLY

The cancer car lives
    Give to cancer reserach

21. KIRK!

KIRK!

Awesome!

Yeah, that '39 is SWEET!!!!