Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone putting out a new magazine?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Max Gearhead, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Has anyone seen any new magazines out there or heard of anyone attempting to start up a new one? Haven't seen anything new since Vintage Torque, Throttle Merchants and Blacktop Graffiti came out a while back.

Max

2. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

SourceInterlink (formerly Emap, Primedia, K3 and Petersen) have relaunched Hot Rod Deluxe. 4th or 5th issue is hitting the news stands now.

-Brad

3. v8 Bake

v8 Bake

Home Town Hot Rod from a guy and his wife in Illinois or Ohio

4. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

^^^hometown is a good one,,I like it

5. chaddilac

chaddilac

6. hemi

hemi

I think Fonzie was doing a Church-type book....

7. 100% Matt

100% Matt

I've picked up a few issues of Hot Rod Deluxe. Not bad, beats the doors off OSR,CKD and Rebel Rodz.

8. R&C Lee

R&C Lee
    from SoCal

We put a new one out every month.

9. slammed

slammed

Killer response. I'm going to get a subscription!

10. Tailgate magazine ceased production and announced that their last issue was their last issue. I have about a year and a half subscription left (alright quit laughing) and recieved a card in the mail that they will be fullfilling that subscription with their new "rat rod" magazine. No idea if it is any good or not,,, have yet to get issue #1.

11. Just re-use the same advertisers though?;):D

12. Hometown is good, this issue has a feature on Shoes Triumph and many other HAMBers.

13. R&C Lee

R&C Lee
    from SoCal

As many times as they'll let us.

14. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

Hometown Hot rod just had its one yr anniv!!!! great mag, but its from Fort Wayne, Indiana :D

John Nolan

15. rodncustom

rodncustom

Already have a subscription, but thought that was an good response too.:)

16. rodncustom

rodncustom

Already have a subscription, but thought that was an good response too.:)

17. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

that Vintage Torque is nothin but a 6th grade shitter mag.................

and since that is what I like to look at when I am on the pot - that is what I make!

The delay on #3 is due to the delay on #2 DVD

but -

the DVD is just about complete and the preview can be seen at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQxSexmFewA

or

http://www.youtube.com/user/coolstuffiniowa2

in fact - the preview for #3 can be seen there as well.

I think we are going to start taking subscriptions for the magazine at the Hunnert Car Pileup.

I cant fulfill this obligation - but my wife can

If she says she will do it - then it will get done.

We will have Issue #3 out by the beginning of Dec (just in time for the Yokohama Hot Rod show)
    and #4 should be out by late Jan (hopefully for the CHicago World of Wheels)

then the 3rd DVD will be out by easter we hope..............
    that is the tentative schedule anyway.

Later

John Wells

18. i gotta say rebel rods is gettin better by the issue , there are some more traditional rides in there about everytime my kids buy the rag for pops!

19. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

i was on my route today and had to shit really bad,,so i crused into wal-mart...(always a good place to shit,no questions asked and you dont even have to buy anything)

so afterwards i cruised by the magazine rack ,,,i saw the new HRD....the thing i thought weird was the NOS energy drink ad with the Kenedy brothers,,,,,no disrespect towards them,,but when i saw that,,i thought "aw shit..traditional rodding is now totally mainstream,,,",,kinda like the first time i saw skaters and bmx freestlyers doing the do in a mountain dew comercial..

just weird,,,,

20. ratstar

ratstar

Does Hometown have a website?

21. Church

Church
    from South Bay

I'm working on number 5. Will be done in plenty of time for Xmas.

22. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Still Runnin Magazine - a free E-Zine just released our 3rd issue, lots of slide shows and videos.

23. Jim, I spent a few hours talking to a young photographer just this past Sunday about a new mag/book. Can't really say much about it, but I'm hoping he prints a few thousand copies within the next 2 months. Best I can describe it is a cross between Church and the Electroline Diaries, just with no text. From the sample I saw it rivals and betters anything else I sell in terms of the quality of visual content and "feel".

24. I smell what you're steppin in.

Had to razz R@C tho............kevin and crew have been putting out a good mag the last few months. Too bad for their paychecks that I dont buy many mags any more.............between my frugal Norwegian background and Dave Ramsey coupled with the HAMB.............magazines are pretty obsolete to me. And this is coming from a magazine junkie....I have a whole room filled with them. But, I look at the coin I have spent in the last 30 years on magazines and I could have an Ardun powered 32!

25. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Dave Ramsey is THE MAN!

-Brad

26. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

I'm also doing this small Norwegian magazine called Kustomra'mag! It's basically a trad rod & kustom photographic magazine covering the Scandinavian scene, but it also has some international material. Number 3, covering the Shifters Car Show at the VLV was out in July. Number 4 is just around the corner, and will feature coverage from some of the best hot rod and kustom shows in Scandinavia.

For a preview of Kustomra'mag #3, click here!

27. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

hometownhotrod.com

28. Kyle Ford

Kyle Ford
    from Australia

Have a look at 'Chopped' Aussie mag, we just got issue #2 out about a month back and are crunching our way into issue #3. Though we have been a bit distracted getting the show together for Oct 3,4,5. http://www.chopped.com.au/events.asp

29. I have a bachelor's degree in journalism with a minor in English...I'd love to write for a car magazine, and hell I'd do it for free.

30. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Back in the 60's, I was writing byline columns for several trade magazines in the automotive and motorcycle aftermarket accessory industry and getting $500 for a 600 word column. The books had real copy editors and we used typewriters and the US mail.

Fast forward to today. I did a column for an off road book with about 250,000 readers and got $350 for a 700 word column. When I asked for more money, I was told that there were plenty of people out there that would do it for free! The only writing I do today is on the HAMB!