Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot rod hoe down 2008!!!!! East coast kustom kulture!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zodiac matt, Aug 26, 2008.

1. zodiac matt

zodiac matt

Sorry i dont have a flyer, but here is the info!!! if you guys come look for me! 60' Bel Air primer grey with a red roof! I'll be with my club at our tent, stop by and have a beer! Hope to see you there, Zodiac Matt -
    Grave Shifters C.C.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE;
    HOTROD HOEDOWN ANNUAL REGIONAL HOTROD / KUSTOM KULTURE EVENT EXPANDS TO 2 DAYS!
    SAT . 6 + SUN. 7 ,SEPT 2008.

For the 9th year the area will host ; the EAST COAST's LARGEST KUSTOM KULTURE and CAR EVENT . THOUSANDS of fun loving and car crazy folks will attend the HOTROD HOEDOWN + ROCK-n-ROLL RUMBLE ! This year the Rusty Relics and Chromed Classics will have 2 BIG DAYS to show ,shine , and enjoy ! The HRHD is a unique event that mixes ; CLASSIC + KUSTOM CARS , RAT RODS + HOT RODS , ROCKABILLY MUSIC , ART , KUSTOM KULTURE , FASHION , FOOD , DRINK into a lively lifestyle that is charged with energy and FUN !
    On SAT . 6 + SUN. 7 of SEPT., the grassy fields of the U.G.H. CLUB ( 4666 Bristol Rd ,Oakford ,Pa) will fill with decades of grand american automobiles , kustom made machines , boss bikes , show cars ,as well as ; projects , primered rat rods, drivers , beaters , and home built beauties. Wandering among the miles of dreammachines ,you will meet a wide variety of fun folks from ALL over the east coast , USA , Europe and as far as Japan !
    Adding to the FUN are Activities and Events ; ART SHOW : open to ALL ! , TATTTOO CONTESTS , DISPLAYS, MS.+MR.HRHD CONTESTS (WIN a PINUP PORTRAIT by RIC FRANE), DRIVE IN MOVIES , VIDEOS , PINSTRIPERS , DJ MACK THOMAS , FOOD ,VARGO DRAGWAY NOSTALGIA RACING , RADIR WHEELS RACE CARS , HOTROD GUITAR GIVEAWAY, SWAP MEET , VINTAGE + FLEA MARKET , TOMCAT's BARBERSHOP, and more !
    LIVE MUSIC will be provided by regional and national touring acts; DEKE DICKERSON ,"Mr.Entertainment " , a great entertainer that will please EVERYone ! the RAZORBACKS , hard rockers will have you rolling , a live show stopper the ULTRAKINGS; Lehigh Valley RAB trio that are a HRHD allumni ! the SHARKSKINS : phiily based Surf band that will have you hangin ten and shootin the curl ! DIBBS + THE DETONATORS: lead singer of the legendary ROCKATS heads this power trio! JET WESTON + the ATOMIC RANCH HANDS: a popular and entertaining band of showmen TWEED SCHADE + the SUGAR DADDIES: NJ's rockabilly boys have allthe energy of a blown big block ! HELL KAT GIRLS BURLESQUE ; a tease-a-rific girl-esque romp ! they jiggle and they shake ! vavavavooom plus ' DJ's ,LIVE ACTS , SURPRISES !
    The LIVE MUSIC makes BOTH DAYS of the HRHD an exciting event of SIGHTS ,SOUNDS ,SMELLS ,TASTES,+ FUN , FUN . FUN !
    THIS IS NOT YOUR OLD MAN's CAR SHOW ! THE CAR SHOW FOR PEOPLE THAT HATE CAR SHOWS ! NO boring bumper watchers , trailer queens ,trophy envy , crybabies ! Just FUN LOVING , freindly folks of all ages , all walks of live ! The HRHD BRINGS PEOPLE TOGETHER and INTO the KUSTOM KULTURE Hobby !
    The popularity of JESSE JAMES /MONSTER GARAGE / AMERICAN HOT ROD / SPEED TV / ETC is an example of mainstream awareness of the scene. And has opened up NEW /YOUNG FOLKS to this exciting scene !
    If you have EVER been to the HRHD then you know what to expect ,, and if you HAVEN'T ,,then THIS YEAR is a chance ,with 2 DAYS / TWICE the FUN ! HOURS are ; SAT ;10 am to 11pm ;$15 ,,SUN;10 am to 4pm $10 ,,2 DAY PASS $20 The HRHD is an AFFORDABLE ,FUN FILLED EVENT that YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS !​
    INFO; HOTROD HOEDOWN ;
    SAT.6 + SUN.7 ,SEPT ,20008
    U.G.H. CLUB ,4666 BRISTOL RD., OAKFORD PA.
    CONTACT;
    [email protected]
    www.HOTRODHOEDOWN.com
    www.MYSPACE.com/hotrodhoedown

2. USA Tires Sign Joe

USA Tires Sign Joe
    from Western NJ

3. gas pumper

gas pumper

Saturday I'm racing at Maple Grove, But Sunday:D, What bands for Sunday.

Deke Dickerson is agreat show, as are the Razorbacks. Will they be there Sunday?????

Frank

update: just checked the website and Deke and the Ecophonics will be both days

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  4. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008

5. teddyp

teddyp

this is always a great show

6. The Stumblers will be making their way early Saturday morning from Delmarva and will be on hand both days.

7. 'Will be there, hanging out with TeddyP and will likely chauffeur NITROFC since he's carless - sold his coupe and the MOPAR isn't on the road.
    Like Teddy said, this is a show not to be missed.

Dave

8. zodiac matt

zodiac matt

which way ya's commin? through jersey? how many?

9. synthsis

synthsis

10. Leaving Salisbury MD at 0530 via US 13, Laurel DE at 0600, Dover DE at 0700, then DE RT 1 to I-95. 3 trucks. Anyone wanting to join caravan send me a PM.

11. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

wish I could go, some of my closest friends are involved in the show. Have a ball.

12. onearmbandit

onearmbandit

I'll be at the Hoe Down striping some cars this year! See you then. - Charlie/One Arm Bandit
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  13. zodiac matt

zodiac matt

hey one arm! i met you at new york, you did my buddys beer keg tap handle remember, btw, it came out awesome, but his trans blew up on the way home.......if i got some cash at the hoe down im gonna get ya to do my dash

14. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

This is my favorite event of the year, but it looks like the weather for Saturday may be really bad, with heavy wind and rain, if the hurricane comes up the coast. :( Sunday could be OK.:)

15. How is it that when this thing happens I am always out of town :mad:. I'll get to one of these things this fall.

16. scarylarry

scarylarry

I'm so stinkin' busy trying to get my junk together for the Showdown Drags. We may get out one day. I hate when I miss Furry's show, not that he needs one more car for it to be HUGE!

17. teddyp

teddyp

This is one of the top 5 shows on the east coast hope it not to munch rain

18. wishihad147

wishihad147
    from delaware

so im figuring today was a bust. anyone still going tomorrow, sunday?? i been lookin foward to this show all year and this damn rain came.

19. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

Will be going on sunday.....selling parts and having fun.....stop by and say HI!!!!......stan

20. teddyp

teddyp

i got called in to work today be there sunday

21. 39 sledge

39 sledge
    from p.a.

i would love to go but i,m real busy at the shop right now.:eek: