Register now to get rid of these ads!

do you think this model a project is worth 1200?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by neverwinter, Sep 2, 2008.

1. neverwinter

neverwinter

as i said in my into i am a complete newb so i am hoping to gain some insight from you all. i know what i want to build and this looks like it could/would be a good starting platform.

interested to get your opinions.

guy is asking 1200 OBO
    http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/822773434.html
    thank you very much
    - jason

2. 61TBird

61TBird

it's a "bucket" all right...
    since it's $1200 obo,offer them $500.
    You might be able to part it out(body,frame,rearend,steering and front axel)and make a nice profit.
    Then you'd have a better starting point.

3. 3Mike6

3Mike6

It's T, not an A. I'd look the frame over good, make sure it was done properly (ad mentions a manufacture, so it might just be a good one). If it's solid, looks like a good start for not so much money...plus the guy said "OBO", so start low and meet him 1/2 way:)

4. In some states, it's a bitch to get a car like that registered without a title.

5. flnudistcpl

flnudistcpl

I think it's worth the money. but I'd offer him $1000 and see if he'd take it b4 someone else does.

6. Jarred Hodges

Jarred Hodges

I think it's a good deal

7. As you said you are totally new to this. This ride is going to take a lot of work but could be a cool bare bones rod to learn on. I would say it's worth the money. Look at Total Performance's web site to figure out a value.

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'd pass, I don't think you could part it out and get $1,200. kit car vs real steel is the reason.

9. stronga

stronga

I agree with how hard it is to get a title. If you want a running rod that would be my worry. On the other hand, a lot of parts for the price.

10. youngrodder1929

youngrodder1929

id pass on it unless it was 5 bills

11. ratster

ratster

why is it not worth it?

12. zacanger

zacanger

I'd say go for it. If the frame is decent, you couldn't buy those parts for that price.

13. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

i thikn its a decent deal

14. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

Appears to be a good start for a good price, go for it.

15. Hot Rodz R Us

Hot Rodz R Us
    Member Emeritus

I agree, it's a good start, or something to start with.......Buy it and start your build

16. It's priced at 1200 so he can come down to the grand he really wants or needs. If it is a Total Performance frame, it's had some custom work added, cuz they never offered cowl steering, nor that tubular hoop that it mounts to. The roll bar braces will do a job on you shoulder.
    Irrespective of what Bob said, after 45 years building fiberglass bodies, I think they're just about perfect!!!

17. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Buy it. It has a look. Sits nice. Has some kool old parts. But be ready for a job finishing it.

Gary

18. youngster

youngster
    Member Emeritus
    from Minnesota

Offer a grand and go from there. Sell the body, steering and front axle. Anything that's welded to the frame can be removed.

Ron

19. neverwinter

neverwinter

doh i meant to say Model T. either way he sold it on Day 1 that it was listed!! oh well - off to the next one.

thank you everyone for your help.

- jason