Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage PHOTOS: Northern California RELIABILITY RUN.....What A RAD DAY!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Aug 31, 2008.

1. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

We (Jim,Dean,Tim,and I) drove in from Sacramento to Petaluma on Saterday on our own litte reliabity run .I ran out of gas and we missed a key turn wich made for a long trip in. Started fresh the next day at the Washoe House by 7:15. Everybody in the group had a great time. It's all about building freindships with like minded people. Did I just say that ? how gay. But I don't know it's just a good time. We all made it there and back. it was a lot of fun. Over 400 miles round trip. Thanks to everbody for making it a great trip. Scott

Attached Files:

2. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

A few mor pics

Attached Files:

3. RonBH

RonBH

A few pictures my son took during the run. We had to cut the day short but still had a great time while it lasted. Thanks to all the "bastards" that did the work.

Attached Files:

4. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

That 30/31 red and gray chopped "A" is sweet! :D Great photo's guys.

5. GOONZ

GOONZ

6. GOONZ

GOONZ

Thanks for putting on the run Dave, I had a blast. I also want to thank Big Dirty for getting us back on track at Stinson Beach. Good times, good people something I highly recommend on doing if you get the chance

7. HELLMET

HELLMET

where was the corse set at i'm im so cal not to famillar with north stuff . i would for sure like to go to this next year with my car. maybe i can get some other so cal guys to go to this.billy

8. Big Dirty

Big Dirty

Good meeting you GOONZ!!

9. Adam D.

Adam D.

God I love taint shots.....

10. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

[​IMG]

can I get any info on this roadster?

thanks for the pics guys.

11. KIRK!

KIRK!

All I know is that he doesn't want a co-pilot.

12. PATA32

PATA32
    Member Emeritus
    from keller,tx.

That was really sumthin' You guys have really got it together. I'm too envious[?]

13. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

Looks like a great time!

Mike

14. CanyonCarver

CanyonCarver
    from So-Cal

Thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures, everybody. I can't wait to get a proper ride and take part in one of these. ;)

15. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

What kind of car did this guy bring?!!
    [​IMG]

16. slick39

slick39
    from dallas ,ga

hey thanks for the really cool pictures

17. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Hey guys thanks for posting the pics,this was the most fun i have ever had in a hot rod.Jim you are right car shows suck and i will never look at them the same again.Dave THANKS for taking the time to put something like this together iam so glad that i got to experience it!!!!!And thanks DIRTY like tim said for gettin us back on our way!i met and re aqauinted with some really cool people on this day, the kinkos goof made for some fun actually it added a great chuckle to the day!Oh yeah thanks Tim for drivin my ass around all day!!!!!!i still havent came down off the rush yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

ok how come nobody got a pic of the "car Tim found"when we stopped here!

19. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

We dont want anybody to know about the 32 three window in the trees off the road on 116.

20. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

O that guy he was fonzi's driver.

21. redbeard

redbeard

I want to first off apologize to everyone who got lost because I didn't check the directions when I picked them up from the copier, I know that it can be frustrating, and you guys missed the best part of the run.

Kirk thanks for posting all the pics and telling the story so well. Only one mistake, I don't think that the Lucky Devils would want to take credit for my fuck up, and I am in the Leaky Bastards car club anyway ;)

this was the best group of cars we have ever had, and it is all you guys that came, that deserve the thanks. After all it is you guys coming out to drive your hot rods that makes this so much fun.

I am happy to find us roads to drive on, for as long as you are willing to drive.

thanks to all of you guys who posted pics, I was driving all day. We have a few pics but nothing as good as you guys or the movies.

I honestly can't believe the quality of cars that showed up for this run. And thank all of you who still had a good time despite getting lost.

I am considering having a rebate run, with the whole run included this time, or maybe even change it up a little, to end up more centrally. Maybe the sunday after Billet Proof, since alot of you guy wanted to go to the Revolution that day.

Let me know if any of you are interested,

here are some of the pics Marissa took. sorry most of them are when we were stopped.
    most of the driving ones came out too blurry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    this is the first year we had a support truck, so of course no one broke down.
    but thanks to matt for the support.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. 21tat

21tat

Dang! That was awesome.

23. redbeard

redbeard

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the lunch was like a little car show

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once again I want to thank all of you guys and gals that came out and drove your cars.
    and I am really happy to hear you guys had a good time. I promise the next one will be even better.

24. redbeard

redbeard

Hellmet, the run has been based the Petaluma, CA area for the first few years, but when you go 150 miles you can get away from there. It is about 45 minutes north of San Francisco.

I actually have runs planned in the San Jose area, and the central valley/ delta area.
    but so far we have not even gone on all the great roads up here yet.

We would love to have some of you guys come up for the run.

that roadster was built by Ed, he is on the hamb, but I can't remember his name, I think it
    is 34 fivewindow, or something similar. It is a great little roadster, come on Ed, chime in.

Alot of people asked about the 34 3 window as well, which I think he is also on here.
    and Jim's model A.

Like I said before, this was a really good group of cars. and it is a whole different deal to drive around with them.

thanks again everyone.

25. seret

seret

Your in the "leaky Bastards" remind me not to get in a pissing contest with you.

26. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

Too cool! thanks for sharing

27. KIRK!

KIRK!

Lucky Devils? Did I type that? What a dipshit! :D I'll fix it.

Seriously, no apologies necessary. We all had A BLAST!!!!

28. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Looks like Great fun and cool pics thanks!
    That little roadster has got a killer look!

29. devilicious

devilicious
    from san rafael

I have almost two hours of video from the run. Mostly of rough ass truck shakin road. One hour of video is from me leaving my camera on like a dumb ass and forgetting about it till it runs out of tape. It's just people milling around the parking lot @ rancho nicasio. Pretty good audio too, Kirk and Seret talkin a lot of bitter shit. Funny tho.

My computer at home is down so It might be a while for me to download the video and the film pictures I took should be commin right up. I'll post em on Myspace (the Cat House) plus a story. And here once I figure this shit out.

All and all I had a great time. It's a reliability run fellas, and if the directions aren't reliable well, just like when your car breaks, it's time to figure something out. Made it more of an adventure for sure. It was really great meeting old friends and making new ones. Beating the SHIT out of my truck is only half the fun.

30. KIRK!

KIRK!

Oooh BUSTED! Yep, we talked some shit about your truck. Buddies have opinionated private conversations all the time. It was private conversation and opinions between us. It wasn't public, but sorry you had to hear it. Everyone has opinions. I definitely don't expect everyone to like my shit and I'm sure those that don't have talked to their friends about it. Doesn't bother me. Hopefully it doesn't bother you.

Bitter = Angry, hurt or resentful because of one's bad experiences or a sense of unjust treatment.

Bitter doesn't fit. Opinionated...that fits.

Again, sorry you had to hear our private opinions.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008