Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dash plaques

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustyford40, Aug 30, 2008.

1. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

What do you do with all the dash placks [PLAQUES] SORRY

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  2. Black Primer

Black Primer

I use them to patch rust holes! LOL!

3. I have a drawer full of them Want them??

4. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

On the frig. Or tool boxes. Beats me why they hand them out. Gary

5. you could sharpin them up to throw at the zombies keith carradine kung fu style
    it could come in handy if attacked by zombies wanting to eat your brain ..

i have heard they also look pretty good on a dash or firewall or make some wall art for the shop..

6. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

I have started puting them on the walles of my shop and my tool boxes. I cant belive how maney i have picked up in over 40 years of roding.

7. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I've got a sack or two of them and an old 32-34 Fiberglass pickup tailgate I had planned on painting and sticking them on BUT never did.

8. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Sell them as scrap metal.

9. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

10. pecker head

pecker head

The uglyest I ever got was at the Street Rod Nationals , this year SOLID GOLD ! That must be where they got the goldchainer frase !

11. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

do you mean plaques?

12. pastlane

pastlane

I added mine to the scrap aluminum pile. Scrap is way up and I never could find a good use for those things...

13. i throw them away right at the show that i get it

14. I like the groovy magnet ones I get at googuys events.........hell I got em going back to the 70s...my favorie ones are from the OAKLAND GRAND NATIONAL ROADSTER SHOW

15. ten thumb

ten thumb
    from texas

Hang on to them for 30 years then show the kids. Look kids the cars ran on gas back then.

16. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

ask bobk about the old folding picnic table he made that hung out at the old crow pits all speedweek. TONS of old dash PLAQUEs inset with acrylic on the top...fuckin rad. i spent about 20 min sitting there checking it out chatting with bobk one of the days.

17. Terry

Terry

I am surprised so many of you think they're shit. I have a Model A door hung in the living room and slowly I'm covering it with them. Every show I enter, I can't wait to get my new plaque.

Think of finding a plaque from a show 50 years ago, and how it would be a collector item now.

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

I've got a metal candy box that is just about full after 40+ years, meet plaques are an odd tradition.

19. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

Have a couple of old windshield frames, plaques are on glass. old rad shell with plywood backing for more . All are hang'n on wall.
    Pontiac Slim

20. I'm sure he does.

Daily brushing should solve all of your problems.

21. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Use to be one of the best parts of a car show or run. I remember I put a bunch of them on the dash of my '58 Chevy and then when I sold it I had to dig them all of without making a mess. Now I put magnets on them and stick them on any flat metal surface. However the dase plaques I've been getting here lately are a tad bit cheesy, so I'll figure out what to do with them now!

22. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Sure! I'll take 'em off yer hands if you wanna send them to me. Just to be a nice guy, I'll even pay the postage. :D

23. sledish

sledish

Cabinet in my garage !

Attached Files:

24. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

I put em in the crate the motor came in

25. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

always sayed i cant spell worth a sheat.

26. I used to make turtle deck lids and when one was filled, I'd make another. In 40+ years I have 4 filled hanging on the wall of the garage.

27. 61TBird

61TBird

you have the ksjo sticker...where's the kome sticker?

28. 61TBird

61TBird

PM me if anyone wants to "donate" any dash plaques.
    I'll pay for all shipping.

29. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Red plaques (Record) I put with the picture of the car on the wall. Black ones went on my tool box until I ran out of space. Now they stack up here on the desk.

30. Jaime Oaks

Jaime Oaks

Man you guys are some fucked up people on here dissing on Dash Plaques. I remember when I was growing up I couldn't wait to see the dash plaque when we would go to Rod Runs, I was always diggin' in the "Goody Bags" as soon as I could get my grubby little hands on it. My old man has some as old as I am from way back in '72. Back before the internet and the days of 7 local car shows every weekend and you really had to do some travlin' to get to even some of the "local" shows I remember it was always fun to see how many my dad and his buddies would collect each year! Say what you want about them they are part of some of my best childhood memories. I will admit some of the ones now are pretty cheesy I remember the best ones used to come from Ralleye Productions I think I spelled that correct.