Register now to get rid of these ads!

I Need some help pricing a 31 5 window body

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SEWERAT, Sep 1, 2008.

1. SEWERAT

SEWERAT

Hi all,

I ran a cross a guy selling a 31 Ford 5 window coupe body and bare frame. I hate the "whats it worth questions" and I dont have pics, but I was hoping some of you guys could tell me what you think a going fair price would be for one of these in your area.

It was chopped about 3 inches and looks pretty good.

It has

No title
    no deck lid.
    new wood kit
    decent grill shell
    Body is pretty nice and mostly down to bare metal.
    It's a good builder and solid.

Can you guys throw me some numbers of what you think a decent builder 1931 5 window goes for.

Thanks much.

Jim

2. Uptown83

Uptown83

no idea.. 2k?

3. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

How are the welds on the chop? Garnish mouldings there? Floor or old channeled car? Two grand without seeing photos would be tops.

5. SEWERAT

SEWERAT

It has good doors. The passanger could use a new lower skin just because somone put some crappy handles in at one time and it hacked up but the door frames are great, body is very solid with just some very minor patching needed.The welds are very good. Who ever did it chopped it right. looks nice, He got it in 75 and he said it was already chopped if that helps. I Know, I know on the pics I had my camra phone and toatly spaced it. Sorry....

6. 31Coupe.com

31Coupe.com

Doors can run up to $200.00 at swap meets. I paid only $500 for my chopped body, but I had to work him down from $1,100. and It took a year. If frame is straight. offer
    him $1,000. but be ready to walk away for awhile.He'll work with you if he see's what you plan for the car.

7. A Model A coupe body in very good condition, with floor, firewall, doors, deck lid, new wood throughout sold recently here in GA for $5,000.

8. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

A good title is gonna cost ya anywhere from $50.00 to $350.00 too.... I paid $50 for a '31 Chevy title for my '30 Ford Model A...they wanted $250.00 for a Model A title!! I didnt really care, need to save cash!! I dont know how your state is, NJ makes you jump throu hoops to get a "new" title.... -E

9. Squablow

Squablow

I think some of you guys are way out of the loop if you think something like this can be bought for a grand. Even 2K seems cheap to me if the body is nice. Maybe down south these are all over the place but in Wisconsin they're pricey.

And all Model A coupes are "5 windows" so it's redundant to call the car a '31 5 window coupe.

10. Noland

Noland

whats it worth to you?

11. Kustm52

Kustm52

There was a really nice body at the springfield swap, asking 4k...

Brian

12. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Even the toughest 30 coupes will bring a grand now days. This one sounds like it would be in the $3000 to $4000 area.

13. tucknroll

tucknroll
    from iowa

yes you have to keep up on these bodies they are getting pretty pricey. i would say no trunk and as good as you describe 4000.00 to 4500.00 if it wont bring that now it will in 6 months easy. lot of buyers coming here from the coasts buying up model As if your not interested please let me know i am always wanting spare coupe projects.

14. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Lemme know if you ever want to sell a coupe body! I'll be there with bells on... Jeez! I'd be fucking pissed if someone made me a serious offer of $1000 for the described car... :mad:

15. vegas

vegas

I bought my 29 coupe body in March of this year for $1900 with good doors (one still had the glass), a decklid, original floor with seat riser (has some holes, but usable), and a good 1929 title. I had originally won a pieced together "coupster" body on that "one auction site" for $1000, and when I got there to pick it up, the owner had the coupe in the back of his shop/garage buried under parts and clutter. I started asking him about it, and he told me about how nice it was and that he had a nice set of doors and a title. I offered him another $800 for the coupe instead, and he agreed and kind of laughed it off until he realized I had the extra money with me he started trying to get out of it, but then he let me buy it after I begged and offered him another $100! :D

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  16. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Here in Cali, they are going for 3,500 to 4,500 for just a good body.

17. SEWERAT

SEWERAT

Is that for a coupe or any Model A ?? wow....

18. weemark

weemark
    from scotland

sewerat you seem surprised - thats for a coupe. i just bought a roadster body which has no rust in it, good deck lid and a rusty 4 piece bonnet, paid 5k for it and it didnt come with a title or a frame or windshield.

i would have thought anywhere between 4000 & 5000 for it if its that nice.

19. 1 bad 65

1 bad 65
    from minnesota

Sounds like a good deal no matter the price let us know what happens. But 2 g's is a start.

20. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Na! Just the coupes. Although two door sedans are getting up there as well, and roadsters have always been pricey. For about the same price one can purchase just a coupe body, one can buy a sedan with frame and bones; maybe even with a chop already done.

Good luck with that if you get it.

21. Agreed.

thats what I got for mine, with doors.

22. pokesfan

pokesfan

...and I'm pretty sure it SOLD.

23. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Like desertratrodder says, "it costs a lot of money to look this cheap".

Right now I'm lookin at buying a good '37coupe for $2,500. I just have to find somewhere to put it until I can kustomize it.