Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods rumblers show n.y.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JACK30, Aug 29, 2008.

1. JACK30

JACK30
    from PA.

:eek: more pics of the rumblers show - party , we went with 3 hot rods, 30 roadster ,31 coupster, 29 roadster, left from pa. great ride till we got on the BQE expressway rear buggy spring and dago drop axle i thought my rod was going to brake in half, pulled into a gas station 2 mi from show and here come 4 hookers , looked like they crawled out from under a rock (no teeth and so on) we got the hell out of their well it was a great experiance and a great fun day , i will for sure do this show next year enjoy the pics jack

Attached Files:

2. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

i hear ya on the roads!! which rods were yours? i may have snapped a few pictures of them if it's the one's i'm thinking of. We had a big caravan out from Cleveland with a couple of the detroit rumblers, and the toledo screamin' demons. we hit every pothole in new jersey and new york i think. on the way home we drove with about 6 of us and 6 of the screamin' demons. those guys rock! two of us had model As, myself included. we hit on big honkin' pothole and it knnocked the bolts out of his panhard bar and apparently broke my generator bracket! once i get back to my regular computer i'll post some pictures. That buick custom you shot is one of our cleve. rumblers matt. it's a great ride! thanks for your photos
    -ace

3. JACK30

JACK30
    from PA.

i have the brown roadster , black top , 401 nailhead, my buddy has the black with white top and little red ram hemi, and phills is black with super red ram hemi, believe it or not the arazona rumbler picked my roadster for best hot rod, that was great at that show , a lot of nice rods their , well see you next year for sure , jack

Attached Files:

4. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

That Buick is NICE!

And FYI to hit every pothole in NJ you would have to be driving till ur 80! :D

5. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

haha, i used to live in southern NJ for about 7 years, Unionville! i'm well on my way :D I've got some more photos of his buick on my pictures page on myspace as well.

Jack, i do have some photos of your guys' rides. i think i put them on my myspace page (www.myspace.com/acebrown) if you have a myspace page. Otherwise, i'll post a link for you to a photobucket link. i'm not at home at the moment or i would do it now for ya. i have the '31 sedan with the 322 nailhead if you happened to see it, i was only a few cars down from you i remember correctly.
    -ace

6. big-daddy-george

big-daddy-george
    from New York

I really liked that tan roadster ,pick-up rat rod with the Ford Six with three carbs. It was covered with striping, in and out. Who's car was that ? Anybody?

7. JACK30

JACK30
    from PA.

ace, great pics on my space, we are heading to the lead east in the morning, may be we will hook up some where, for sure next year in ny for the rumble under the bridge see ya jack

8. ROADRAT EDDIE

ROADRAT EDDIE
    from New york

If it's the one i'm thinking, that's TJ's car, a fellow Roadrat....It's a Chevy or GMC 6 built to the balls.....Here's a pic the day he brought it to me for striping

[​IMG]

9. big-daddy-george

big-daddy-george
    from New York

That's the car. I couldn't stop looking at it. Great striping, it just has it all. I guess you know I like 6 cylinder powered cars by now. Being at the Rumblers show was like being back in the pits at Freeport Stadium in the sixties for me. The only difference was after everybody looked at each others cars, you took them out on the track and ran the balls off of them. The only car at the show that I striped was that Flat Black 62 Buick Special. At 62,I still go 7 days a week here on Staten Island. Ahhh,can't wait for the first Social Security Check!!!!! www.weissglassspeedway.com

10. lulabelle

lulabelle

Who was there from Detroit?Anyone on here?

11. Jack,
    Don't forget the HAMB get together tomorrow ( Sat) at 1:00 pm by the bandstand at the back of the hotel.

Dave