Register now to get rid of these ads!

new jersey MONTHLY swap meet!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom7777, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Most jersey guys who go to regualr swap meets like englishtown, atco, etc are looking for muscle car stuff, sound systems, or bicycles. Atleast Jersey will have a decent swap meet with diehards that know what their looking at. I think the first couple will be more trading and catching up with old friends, which is better. 25 is fair. Shit englishtown wants 100 just for a space in the back rows...

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Reality check ======== You'll need room for spectator parking, traffic control and insurance is a good idea, along with a lunch/coffee truck.

3. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Sounds like a great idea! A close event to look for parts!:D At least it will give me another reason to drive down to Jersey.

4. officerfalfa

officerfalfa

Yeah, I'm confused, Sept. 20th is a Saturday. Is it going to be Saturday or Sunday? I'm definately interested though, especially if it will be on a Saturday.

5. a HAMB swap meet for HAMBrs by a HAMBr,doesnt get any better

6. toms tudor

toms tudor

I'm in !! and the best part is it's close to home (can get more stuff!!)The bad , is the ol' lady aint going to be happy. lol

7. ryangobie

ryangobie
    from Jersey

i dig i dig. wish i had enough stuff to sell haha.

i think something like this has a lot of potential in the area. there isn't a whole lot around as far as i know. if sellers bought out legit stuff i think they'd do really well cause it isn't laying around like it is in other parts of the country.

8. Nappy

Nappy
    from York, PA

It's great to see people put things together to change the local scene rather than just bitch about it. Good on ya.

Unfortunately I'm out for Sept. 20th. It's the date of the Karb King's Greaseball.

9. Heck, it'll give her a reason to bitch!!!!

10. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

it will be on sunday the 21st,,,sorry about the confusion,,,

11. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

plenty of parking, plenty of room for vender spaces, will have traffic control, will have coffee, donuts, and bagels for the first one,,and maybe additional food later if the swap meet is successful,,,,,,,,,,i will look into insurance,,,just want to do the first one and get a feel for where it may lead,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i will also look into renting a porta potty......

im really hoping to make this free admission,,,hopefully the insurance and porta potty wont put a damper on that,,,,,,worst case, it may cost 2-3 dollars to get in to help cover those costs......im gonna do my best to keep it free though,,,ill keep you posted

12. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

its actually the 21st (sunday),,,,,apparently i dont know how to read a calendar yet,,hahaha

13. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

spots are on stone and will probably be about 10 X 10
    you can buy multiple spots if needed also..

14. Whats does this joint look like.... is it at your garage, a old flea market spot? Pics maybe?

I'm excited.

15. miller

miller
    from New Jersey

Hi will there be an area to sell cars and parts at the same time?....Or cars for sale in one area and parts in another area?.....I have a car, and various parts I would like to sell on the same day and same spot...What would the costs be??...Thanks ...Miller

16. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

its at my shop which is situated basically on a big farm,,with a huge stone area for parking.....if someone knows how to do one of those aerial photos, the address is 95 crusher road, hopewell, nj 08525....

17. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

you can park your car or truck behind the spot,,,,the selling area will be approx 10 X 10,,,or 12 X 12,,havent decided for sure yet..no problem to park your vehicle behind the spot,,i wasnt counting the vehicle size,,but NO problem....two spots will be $45....

18. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

hmmmm i hadnt considered that,,but good idea,,,probably a seperate area for cars for sale......im open to ideas at this point,,,,,we can do something like that,,there's lots of room,,,,,,,,,,ill have to figure a price,,,maybe $15 per vehicle?.....

19. teddyp

teddyp

sounds like a great ideal i,ll be there

20. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

cool teddy,,,,,glad to hear that....
    i think itll be fun,,,

21. WQ59B

WQ59B

Love the idea! If I can stop working long enough, I'll stop by.

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

I know this is spooky, but i just GoogleEarthed your address and took a look at the area, looks like you have lots of room if that long building is were your shop is. Lots of farm land and forest, should be a nice ride.

23. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

great response so far....lots of good suggestions on the board and pm'ed to me,,,
    seems like this could work,,,keep the ideas coming............

24. Count me in too. 'Sounds like a good time - hang with the HAMBers and sell some junk.

Dave

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '39 plymouth business coupe - hopped up dodge flat 6 power
    '46 plymouth business coupe - same set up

25. bstie

bstie

Is this the place??

Attached Files:

26. thats his place, seemed bigger in person. Trust me , its enough room for a old time swap meet...

Hey, i have first dibs to jump who ever is selling cell phone covers..

Jim let me know if you need a hand, Im pretty much right around the corner.
    steve

27. gas pumper

gas pumper

So all the stuff I collect that's to big to UPS could find a new home here?

Now I got to find a way to fix the bed in my flatbed to haul this stuff there. I need room in my sheds for more stuff.

Frank

28. The best thing to do is make the spots at least big enough for one vehicle and a little room besides, so a guy can park a car for sale on it or whatever else he wants. Let guys spread out a little if they want. Most the places I go you get lots of room on one spot, and I can fill an 18x15 spot pretty easy out of the back of one truck.

29. FyUoCuK239

FyUoCuK239

good idea jim i really hope this works out

30. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Christ, NJ guys coming out of the woodwork. This is gonna be pretty sweet, and give me an excuse to get outta the house and not have to go to work. I gotta go through my stuff and see if I can sell anything. Want me to call Frank and Carol and clue them in? I'm sure theyd come out for at least a few.