Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods WOW..... I dig this ride!!!.....WELL.... Kinda... ha hahah

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeff Norwell, Aug 18, 2008.

1. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

So cool indeed,but ya,too cool to drive really,just show that baby off,cus she be a trailer qween,i do love it ,but also I never had $ enough to just show onemhad to drive to the shows in my rod.:cool:

2. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

WOW!!! Probably only cost at least 200K to build! Great investment!

3. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Yea....ain't they bargains!

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Looks like tons of planning and attention to detail. It's easy to like it once you take it for what it is. A very well done show rod. I liked them as a kid and I still like them. It's cool to see a hot rod taken to a higher or different level. Not all the time, but sometimes.

5. dutchcedar

dutchcedar

I saw this car earlier this year and loved it. I know, it doesn't fit the HAMB mold in the eyes of many here... but would argue that's it closer to one of my favorite HAMB cars, Atomic Punk, than anything I've seen on this forum in quite some time.

To be blunt, repetition is boring. Its quite a challenge to come up with new ideas for anything, let alone a car that's been around for eighty friggin' years. There are more new ideas in this car than you can take in with less than a dozen passes at it. Yet it still holds an overall theme real, damned well.

Its a piece of rolling art with exceptional engineering, fabrication and finish work.

6. It sure captures the "look" from an era that I'm quite fond of. It's got some quirky details I can live without. But, from 10 feet, it's a hit

7. :D:p;):eek::cool::confused:

8. bitchin ride , i love the color..

9. jonnycola

jonnycola

Guys are building cars like that now... and they rule.

If you got rid of all the non traditional, gaudy shock value crap, it could sit along side those other cars any day.

The fact that it had those stupid 20's on it, shows you where the builders head was at then he did it... and it wasn't the 60's.

10. ratster

ratster

nice car, i wish i owned it

11. I saw it somewhere with those billet wheels on it! FUCKIN UGLY!!! I agree it looks much better with Radirs and whites.
    It is ,in no way,a 60's Showcar look though. Looks more like someones idea of a Showrod. Too many modern goodies done to it. Doesn't compare to Piero's Coupe,Groucho's 32,Dan Collin's Roadster,or the Atomic Punk.
    I'd love to have it! Change a few things,remove a few things. It has a "Cool" appeal to it. A lot easier to bring back, than a Boyd Streetrod,lol....

12. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

That think it's bitchin', I'd get rid of the front disk brakes, the "flame" brackets, the "toilet" seats and put some bias plies on the front.
    No airbags either.
    That car is way up there with the Atomic Punk and the Singapore sling.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  13. Yeah, the old wheels and tires kinda hit my gag reflex, but I like it in it's current incarnation. Sure there are things I'd change/do different but overall it's pretty cool.

14. FWIW, I hated the nose treatment posted in your post then, and I still hate it now. Fucking ugly as the day is long. Sorry, that's my 2 cents. Nasty, disgusting, and ruined the rest of the car

15. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

i wonder where the 20" wheels with the 45 series tires went;0....
    it does look better with the whites on it.

16. slammed

slammed

Pure '60's killer ride. 4 star's!

17. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Johhny is right about his frame of mind...He wanted the
    cover of DONK...

60's show rodz are the new flat black..

That frame is horrible. the chop looks like some thing fell on it.

Thanks Bob..

18. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

Ditto!

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

NICE! Looks like an AMT kit we'd build in the 1960's in real life.

20. The brackets,flamed backing plates,sloped roof line,and the reversed"snorkle"guage pod are to "over the top" for me. I do like the rest of the car though.

21. beatnik

beatnik

It's a got a little 60's show rod in it, but for every part I like there's also something I hate about it. The front kick up is hideous

These are the first pics I saw of it, from about this time last year.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. sweet ride...bet it doesn't get a lot of drive time:(

23. 37FABRICATION

37FABRICATION

[​IMG]

I really dig the front stance of this car. But coming from a person that installs alot of airrides... think this car would look better without.

24. jonnycola

jonnycola

HaHaha, I just spit my chocolate milk.

That T just looks like a DOUCHEBAG would drive it. I'm sure the guy who built it has a lifted Escalade and a matched pair of tribal armbands.

Fuck.... The Silver Sapphire is so cool in that picture. There's an example of a couple of guys pushing the limits... but doing it with CLASS.

25. Tony

Tony

I love the color..and the intake...
    Honestly, i admire the workmanship in it, and at first thought it was pretty cool aside from the chop..I can't warm up to the slant..
    But after looking closer i just can't get past all the doodad's like the frame sculptures..
    Oh well..not my car and i'm sure many people love it.

I do love the color and intake though. :)

26. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Cool stance, & profile. I looked the car over in R&C for hours on the toilet. I dig it all except the kinked roofline and the shotgun guages on the top of the cowl. Hate the bags & rolling stock. But it does certainly fit the wild 60's era show car look. Still a rad car, kudos to the builder.

27. fatabone

fatabone

Badass ride! I'm with you Jeff I like it.

28. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I love the " I hate this I hate that and Those are lame I would never ....But aside from that"

Thats like seeing a fat chick and saying "aside from that huge gut those Kankles
    that grate big ass and the 4 cheese burgers shes inhaling... She would be hot"

29. 37FABRICATION

37FABRICATION

Aaaaaaahahaha... great point of view Evel!

30. Tony

Tony

Never did look at it that way. It sure does give a WHOLE new perspective dosn't it.. :D:D