Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Drivin'... plain drivin.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 5wbomber, Aug 17, 2008.

1. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

So ive been a complete pussy lately and havnt drivin my roadster much:rolleyes: so this mornin i jumped in and just went for a drive(all day). i am working on my hallock for it(not on the car)so i just wore some glasses.let the wind blow all over me,being loud and drivin the backroads with nobody else around, you get a feeling thats way to hard to explain, it clears everything from your mind and you just smile:D. i wish i could never stop, it made me realize im a lucky little bastard and im glad ive worked for it,and theres not many other 19 year olds that could do it.......k thats my rant..just wanted to say, go drive and enjoy your stuff

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Great pics Jordan. Love the car too. Just think, you can get up in the moring and do it all over again.

3. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

thats what the plan is! but my galfriend wants to drive tomorrow!!!

4. jerry

jerry

NICE!

Just saw a rerun of the build on Hot Rod tv this morning. Nothing like driving to nowhere in particular, just to be driving.

jerry

5. BadLuck

BadLuck

Beautiful pics man......do it all over again tomorrow..:)

6. That's what hot rods are all about!! Great pics too,Jordan.:D

7. cool pics of a kick ass ride .. a nice backroads cruise can put things in perspective!

8. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

When you take all of the crap out of the way this IS what a hot rod is for. Nothing like jumping in and heading in no particular direction and see where you end up. It's nice to drive with buddies and do an organized thing but the you'll NEVER top the impulsive "no particular place to go" trip.

Frank

9. htweelz

htweelz
    from Maryland

Nice! Just saw a rerun on Hot Rod TV of your build. That is a great ride!

10. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Hah! Exactly my thoughts last weekend. Took off and just went cruising. Put a few hundred miles on the coupe and was thinking to myself yup, this is where it's at. Wow, speaking of driving, I'm heading out the door now, next stop BONNEVILLE!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  11. striper

striper

I want to be you.

Wouldn't mind being 19 again either...that's the best bit. You've got a long time to enjoy it!

Pete

12. weemark

weemark
    from scotland

life sounds good, get out there and enjoy your hotrod as much as you can.

13. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Man, that's a cool ass hot rod. I'll never get tired of seeimg pics of it.

You just talked me into going for a morning spin.

14. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Thanks alot! I'm stuck at work for the next 21 hrs. with my Caddy parked right outside, just begging for an all day, back country road trip. This sucks.

Your roadster is cool as hell by the way...

15. fasteddie

fasteddie
    from mass.

love your car,and really love that place.can you tell me rough location,need to drive there myself

16. damnfingers

damnfingers

Great looking car...and a great attitude you've got to go with it. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

17. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

You've made me realise I havent driven my Rod in over a month.. It is dead of winter here, but Im going for a blast this afternoon anyway! Im Kinda glad no one wants to buy it...
    [​IMG]

18. Tony

Tony

Seem's like the only peace i find is when i'm behind the wheel of an old car, especially lately.
    There have been time's i would just go for a short drive, to nowhere, just to try and clear my mind..
    Last night i was coming home from a friends hotrod get together in my 53. Just heading down the expressway listening to some blues, driving a little slow to make it take a bit longer to get home and just enjoying the ride.
    I think many of us do it, if not most.
    It's like the proverbial pot of gold at the end of the rainbow..

Oh yeah, NICE roadster!

19. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

O.k. so today i went again, but took my best friend, my girlfriend!!!! and i stopped along the way and made her sit in the drivers seat "i just want a picture of you behind the wheel" as i went over to the passenger door got in, shut the door and said "Drive honey" with a little hesitation, there went my girlfriend shifting through the gears of my loud ass flathead, it was so bitchin to see her drivin my model A roadster........with out further adue, heres pics,i shut up the pics do justice!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Man, if I had a car like that when I was 19, maybe I would have had a girlfriend too. Both are looking good. Keep working on it, driving it and having fun!

21. Muttley

Muttley

Wasnt that supposed to be her car anyway?

22. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Jordan, she looks real nice. The car is not bad either...

23. cool ride! if your girl digs you and your ride you better be thinking about making her your wife. a different one might not be so cool with the hot rods.

24. some times just plain drivin, is good for the soul

25. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

muttley: yes it was supposed to be hers........and yeah she's still kinda mad about that.....but were building a 31 sport coupe together for her so she's not too mad about it i think., hahaha

26. Muttley

Muttley

Well, you better get to work before she changes her mind. ;) :D

27. bigken

bigken

Jordan, saw the re-run myself, yesterday. Congrats and great job. You might just be the inspiration for my 18 year old.
    Thanks young-un.....

28. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

When I finished my '32 Coupe, I told my wife to take it for a ride. She said no! I told her she should get use to it in case she has to drive it someday, like to work (security parking lot). She said no! I told her I put an automatic and an adjustable seat in it just for her. She said no! I asked her why? She said, "If I hurt your car, you'll divorce me!!!". I said, "Good point!".

Looks like a fun time. Wish I had open areas like that, around me.

29. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Jordan,You are a lucky Bastard!That looks like the PERFECT day to me!Great Hot Rod,Great roads and Great company.GOOD FOR YOUR SPIRIT!
    Nick.

30. That's what I love about hotrods and hot rodders, we drive our cars. Driving's what they were built for. These wimps that trailer their cars need to get out and drive them, they would really like them-if not they should sell them!