Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pics of low $ rods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PAPASMURF, Jul 12, 2004.

1. atch

atch

i don't personally know how to do it, but you CAN bullitproof a banjo. IF YOU'VE GOT THE MONEY. it ain't cheap. you can put 9" ford axles in them as well as some other mods that will strengthen them up. i'm sure that there are folks on here that can do it or tell you how or tell you who can do it. the folks in idaho (can't remember the name right now) who make the open drive conversions can do it i think. i'm sure there are plenty of others. i never even considered it, 'cause if it costs half as much as i've heard then i can't afford it.

2. PAPASMURF

PAPASMURF

thanks atch, I'll start another thread so maybe i'll get a strong response.

3. [ QUOTE ]
    bone stock good running 49 Dodge:$1,300
    wheels and tires:$300
    paint,sheet metal, bondo,and everything else it took to change a stock 4-door into a chopped convertible:$100
    cut down windshield:$150
    rear bag setup:$500
    mexican blanket interior:$12.00
    having more fun draggin around in a $2,500 car ,then all the goldchainers in their $10,000+ cars: priceless

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the best...heh [​IMG]

4. 52phantom

52phantom
    from socal

have $3100 in this
    [image]http://www.jalopyjournal.com/ubbthreads/download.php?Number=464535[/image]

5. 52phantom

52phantom
    from socal

That didn't work.

6. 52phantom

52phantom
    from socal

one more time.

slamchop did you sell the plymouth? I came to your house and looked at that months ago.

Attached Files:

7. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

[ QUOTE ]
    hehe - that's funny - small world -- you're right with the salt
    [​IMG]

for you the complete car
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeup,i can tell a South Fl.Rot bucket a mile away,they rot from the TOP down,before your floors go on an old car here you have a convertable even tho it didn't start that way or you didn't even want one LOL,you guys did a awesome job on that one.You Europeans seem to revamp cars that we lazy Americans would just part out,you guys have mucho respect from me [​IMG]

8. AHotRod

AHotRod

9. Germ

Germ

[ QUOTE ]
    Why dont you fuck off. If you came here to bust my balls, go some where else. I was already initiated remember. If you come in here and make one stupid remark like that you obviously have nothing to teach me. Go hate on some one else. And I've built plenty of rides I'm sorry this is just going to be my first pre 60's rod...so bust my balls for being a newbie you gotta learn somehow. I'm willing to learn but at least I'm not Ignorant, trying to turn someone elses thread into a rant thread. You ben hangin round germ to long...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why dont you join the POOR BOYS, they are in your town.
    you can learn the CHEAP SHOT punch and build yourself a LOWRIDER.....or a late model SPORT TRUCK on BAGS........

FAG

GERM

10. crewcutkid

crewcutkid
    from m

NaealinCA's Truck is Bitchin! I am inspired- I must build my own rod in college. Sheeit!
    -Crew

11. xadamx

xadamx

[ QUOTE ]
    Prolly had between $2500 and $2800 in this...maybe a little less..

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do I like this truck so much? Nice...whoever you are.

Adam

Attached Files:

12. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Before I traded the Buick away....I had about 2,200 purchase price......about 1,400 in the econo nailhead rebuild.and maybe another 1,200 total in body work. That included patch panels, bondo paint and misc costs etc etc.

Attached Files:

13. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

any more pics of the buick?

14. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

I really dont have too many. I might be able to scrounge another somwhere. If yer interested...I'll try and find some more pics of it.

Mike

15. burndup

burndup
    from Norco, CA

Yeeeeeeeeeuh, G-Slice, alls this one costed was 4 sawzall blades! And its SUPA fast now, you can lift the rear end off the ground with one hand! Jus like da FOWTY's, BRO!

[​IMG]

16. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Did they really let you fill that thing up?

17. glassguy

glassguy

did this one for 4.400....and the merc about 3100

Attached Files:

18. Jojo

Jojo

Here's the '23 Dodge we have about $2500 in it now, but the motor was a donor destin for the core pile (runs great), It was the new chasis parts, tire, tank, radiator we bought that pushed the price up. Lots of help from great friends...
    [​IMG]
    This photo taken after Paso this year with freshly belched oil splatter on the firewall and cowl, mmmm.

19. .and ZAPATO punched 170 louvres

and to think it started to be about a 40 louver job, then the job and friendship grew equally. [​IMG]

20. injectedA

injectedA

Gave 1800 for the '55 wagon, 1500 for the car, 300 to haul.

3500 for a friends '76 TA he used for drag racing. Parted the TA out on ebay with the exception of the front sub, engine, trans and rearend for the wagon and so far have gotten 3200 back. Still have a lot more parts to sell.

New parts bought so far, alum. fuel cell & radiator, steering column, wheels and tires come to 1600.

Now I wonder why I haven't done them all this way.

21. TikiTodd

TikiTodd

Im about $1300 into my 29' Roadster Pick up and it's almost done. Should finish it off for $2000.. I'll post some pictures once I get the film developed..

22. My goal was/is to have the shoebox on the road for $5000... Canadian!... which is about $182.57 US, isn't it?

The fact that it's not on the road is an entirely different (and frustrating) matter. [​IMG]

23. 1956 Pontiac sedan delivery - $75.00 (1988)
    rebuilt 57 Chevy rearend - $700.00 (1990)
    rebuilt b & b 350 c/w complete BDS 6-71, redone TH 350, bought from a divorce settlement
    - $1100.00 (1993)
    55 Laurentian parts car for bumper, odds & ends
    - $100.00, then sold parts on ebay for $800.00 US, so -$700 or so.

rust free 56 front sheet metal, along with a completely rebuilt 56 frame and drivetrain - $225.00 last fall.

This is going to be a low buck toy that I might just yank the animal motor out of yet for another project. That will cut the total down even more, as I have a good running 305 th200 here I got for $200. This car is one of 1583 ever built. There is little to no rust in the body, some dents. It is my long term project.

so... total about $1500.00 or so.

Comments??

Attached Files:

24. Danny909

Danny909

i know its not of american vintage, but i decided to keep the datsun and give it hell. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

25. Danny909

Danny909

oh yeah..........i have only dumped about 500 bones into it so far.

26. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

[ QUOTE ]
    Here's the '23 Dodge we have about $2500 in it now, but the motor was a donor destin for the core pile (runs great), It was the new chasis parts, tire, tank, radiator we bought that pushed the price up. Lots of help from great friends...
    [​IMG]
    This photo taken after Paso this year with freshly belched oil splatter on the firewall and cowl, mmmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love to get one of those and drop in a slant six

27. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

That's like $500 to much...

28. bootie

bootie

so far my truck owes me NZ$520 and hope fully i'll ahve the thing running for around NZ$5k which is about US$2500

also can i ref this shit slinging match - cracks me up - i've had enough ring experience that i can sort em out if it gets out of hand

29. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

[ QUOTE ]
    I just must not be looking in the right places, or talking to the right people. I have talked to a few "car guys" here who have built their share of rides, and they have told me that it's going to be impossible for me to build a modified for under 10K... I know all about tex smith's "dollar per pound" car, but he's been in the scene for decades, and has tons of leads and hook-ups and just plain ol' experience and can do that...and many of you here have shown that it's possiblem many times over to build a fun and awesome looking ride on a budget...any grizzled rodding geniuses in the phoenix area willing to show a stupid kid a thing or two?

[/ QUOTE ]

buy tex smiths chassis book ..educate yourself, dont be afraid to ask questions of those that know fundamentals and are scroungers, learn how to weld good, if your after a beater and not a top shelf car it is possible to cut 75% off that 10k mark ...we are talking used and junk yard everything though...dont skimp on safty new brakestuff and steering parts should be a must..

.basic frame and body on a modifid is nothing more than sedan(or whatever remains) chassis is usally tubing or A frame cheep cheep....start scroungin

30. dubie

dubie

I have just over $6000 into my 67 so far.

Attached Files: