Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Dixie Fried teaser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T-Bone, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Now, now boys, I've got enough lovin for the both of ya.:D[/quote]

Did you here that, PARTY IN DENISE'S ROOM IN joplin

2. yes i spent time south of the mason dixon line.... just trying to throw suggestions out to you. Josh said your a cool shit, and hope to meet ya...

3. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I'm in a Round Robin of emails w/ SL6 manager now, and hopefully we can reach a compromise!
    Question for those that have attended: If the compromise is reached, I will be in a 2003 Silverado 2500HD DMax/Allison, I wanta know, do I stll get into the area of Dixie Fried? I don't want to park down front and then drag a cooler, or whatever, "up the hill" for the fun? Just unsure of what is meant about no late models inside the ropes, as stated in the rules.
    Dave

4. Dave,
    If you come, you can count on us to get you set up....hauling coolers, shade, whatever. You will have to park a latemodel away from the "show area" but we'll take care of you. We respect our elders, especially the dirty ones.;)

5. What he said. Come on Brother.

6. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

OK, got another email from the manager of SL6. He says I can park the camper in the North lot(s) #1,2,&3, and can then drive the pickup to #5. But he didn't say where the Dixie Fried site was, anybody know? Is this a reasonably convenient way to handle it? Anybody know yet where Dixie Fried site is? Anybody from the road kings club that's in on the logistics and organizing that can comment?
    Dave

7. If it is the same set up as last year the car show area is in the #4 & #6 areas, The bands stage was set up by the #6 screen, and the movies were shown on the #5 screen. If you look at the map on the Starlite web site http://www.starlightdrivein.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=main.map you should be able to see the layout. Everyone who doesn't have a car in the show was parking in the #5 area...

T

8. 8769

from kennesaw

Dixie Fried will be in the same area as last year. Parking rules will be enforced more so than previous years.

We had a few complaints that too many late model cars parked in the show area so the no late model rule will be enforced. I know it's a pain but if you're support vehicle/s isn't 64 or older it has to be parked outside the show area.

Get there early and stay late and have fun!

Troy
    Road Kings C.C.
    Atlanta Ga

9. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Troy, I can readily accept that you don't want post '64vehicles in the show area. But is the #5 area still gonna be OK for non show vehicle parking? If so, I can live with that, and I'll be there in full force.
    Dave

10. T-Bone

T-Bone

Dave , glad you were able to work out a compromise with the drive-in about your RV, we have little if any say in matters such as those. The number 5 screen parking area is the defacto parking for non-show cars, with some spillover in the number 4 lot. If your RV is large, they'll probably ask you to park it in the back if it is going to interfere with line of sight to the screen. Movies play on screen 5. Things tend to get pretty tight in the show area, so I'm not sure you'll be able to maneuver an RV to drop off coolers and such. I suggest getting a couple of those strapping lads in the SFCC to give you a hand :)

If nobody wants to help you out, call me a call and we'll help you personally....we respect our elders! I'll send you my cell number via PM.

Chris

11. BTTT....

Road Kings Kick Ass!

12. racerodcustom

racerodcustom
    Member Emeritus

Leavin New Orleans on friday evening in the '53. Anyone know if we can get in the gates late that night?
    Mike
    FRRF

13. Zaemo

Zaemo
    BANNED
    from Atlanta

Mike,
    Glad you are coming again this year. I doubt you can get in a night early. Can anyone help my buddy Mike out with a camping spot? My house is already full.
    Z

14. Zaemo

Zaemo
    BANNED
    from Atlanta

Sorry I haven't jumped in here folks. Been busy touring and am currently in Europe, but I'm glad to be home in time for this year.
    We will be in the same spot this year with a few minor changes. We are working on getting you in the venue quicker, and you will get into the car show area much quicker this year. Remember that camping and entrance is up to the Driveinvasion.
    Unfortunately after last year, we won't be setting aside club parking. If you want to park together, show up together. If you need to hold a spot, we may be able to help you out on day of show.
    Be sure to go to our website to get yourself a coupon!
    http://www.theroadkings.com/

Looking forward to seeing all of you again soon. And oh yeah, don't forget to have fun.

Chad

15. I was wondering when/if you might chime in.
    Glad to see you will be there.

16. T-Bone

T-Bone

Last year we tried reserving spots for clubs to ill result. We had a number of clubs reserve a bunch of spaces, then roll in with 3 cars and their fellow members never show up. The result was big gaps in the choicest parking areas and later, some of those gaps filling with late models people moved. Like Chad said, this year, if you want to park together, roll in together, also, there will be no late model cars allowed in the car show area

17. slick39

slick39
    from dallas ,ga

sound's like you guy's are ready looin forward to a great show commmmm....labor day

18. He's welcome to crash out at my place. The only bummer there is that I live about 40 miles north of the drive-in, that will make an extra 80 miles for him coming from N.O. We have been know to have fun at my place though :D I figure we will try and caravan south pretty early in the morning. Can't wait!
    Tony

19. racerodcustom

racerodcustom
    Member Emeritus

Are dogs allowed?

20. T-Bone

T-Bone

Two legged or four legged?

I've seen some from both groups in previous years. I'm not sure what the Drive-In's official policy is on the latter...I'll find out and report back.

21. racerodcustom

racerodcustom
    Member Emeritus

4. I know they allow the two!
    Thanks for checkin

22. From the Starlight Six Drive-In web site...

"Bring Coolers and Picnics if you'd like and have a Party, but for safety of everyone no Glass Bottles.

You can Grill at The Starlight but you must be done before the Movies start. You cannot grill during the Movies as it is unfair to other Patrons. Please do not pour Coals out anywhere at the Starlight. This is for everyone's safety.

Please no bare feet!

Please no Pets!

Please bring you Lawn Chairs and Picnic supplies but we ask you to set up in front of your Vehicle for your safety and so other Patrons have the ability to park their Cars as well.

Please do not sit on top of your Vehicle, it is dangerous and blocks other's view.

Please be mindful of our No Parking signs. They are there to keep you safe and allow easy exit from The Starlight when your Movies are done.

Please no Fireworks!

23. I am officially pumped.

You know... just in case you were wonderin'.

:D

24. Yes you are.

Attached Files:

25. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Noted,and duly annotated!

26. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Damn dude why are posting those stupid ass pictures of me in high school?

27. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

What time do the doors open this year?

28. cuz your sexy!

29. Thumper

Thumper

"What fuckin doors ??":D

30. Is Thumper going to DF :eek: ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.