Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Model car Sunday?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Anderson, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Anderson

Anderson

I thought someone else might start it this week, but I'll go two in a row. The model group here on the HAMB (http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=105) has started a build-off. Revell's '32 sedan or the new Merc kit. I just started the sedan last week so it'll be my submission. Here's the latest on it...

Scratch built firewall. Far more accurate than the other two I've done.

[​IMG]

New rear wishbone.
    [​IMG]

Really wanted to do something with the front frame horns. Never had the guts to try it before but gave it a shot. Filed them much thinner, then capped the top and bottom.
    [​IMG]

Getting there...
    [​IMG]

2. So is this limited to those two kits only?

3. Anderson

Anderson

I think so...

4. 61falconwagon

61falconwagon

finished this krazy beast

keith aka modelcarjedi
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

im not doing much with models right now, im getting out to the local cruise nights, and car shows, but i hope to be completing my latest 29 roadster build soon, there is a car show coming up with a model contest, and hopefully it will take top 3rd like a previous build i did, maybe 1st or second this time?? haha

anyway i just built a hallock style windscreen, and now im waiting on a dropped axle, and other small things i need to finish it.

6. Eric- The detail on the frame horns looks cool..

I'm gonna get in on the HAMB build off, but I pulled this out of cobwebs to get me back into the swing of things. No major mods planned, just the 37 headlights, and nice Gold paint.. sorry about the crappy cell phone pics...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  7. Pscott

Pscott

Fidgiter, that firewall's a masterpiece! I'd like to get in on that build-off. Here's a few of the '40 Standard just finished:

Attached Files:

8. Flamin'

Flamin'

Fidgiter, the firewall looks awesome. What are the wheels and tires from?

9. Anderson

Anderson

Thanks!

The wheels are all Revell '40 ford, rear tires are from the AMT '67 riviera, and I don't have a clue where I got the front tires.

The Merc needs paint but the rest will all be from the box. Might even just glue the hood shut so I can use the caddy motor in another project.

10. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

Amazing work guys...!! Here is a quick build of the 1985 Revel release of the 41 Willys Hot Rod Magazine pick up. First paint job I could actually see myself in :D 6 coats of lacquer black and 4 coats of clear. Still have to wire everything and finish it up. The yellow coupe is just the new release of the Stone Woods & Cook. It is box built with just wheel and tire change with cheaters and steal wheels on the back and Radair wheels on the front. It is running a 1962 421 Super Duty motor. Anyway here is my poor atempt and building again. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

11. Still lookin' for a '32 sedan at Hobby Lobby, etc-

hope I'll find one soon, because Thanksgiving'll be here before we know it (yeah, we teachers gotta keep telling ourselves this for sanity's sake:D)!

12. Flamin'

Flamin'

Hey Mac not to discourage you in finding one, but our Hobby Lobby told us they won't be carrying the 32 sedan kit. It's part of the Goodguys series and they dropped the whole line.

I know Hobbytown USA can get them, or if you're willing to mail order theres plenty of places that have em in stock.

13. jaysix

jaysix

This one started out as the AMT 3 in 1 Ford Galaxie. I shaved the handles, lowered it, lace paint, molded skirts, wired engine and made aluminum velocity stacks for it so far. Still gotta finish the interior and spray the clear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

14. Timmy Z

Timmy Z

Here's a pic of my sedan hope you guys like it!!

Attached Files:

15. D.SCOTT

D.SCOTT

would like to get in on this, but my local shops dont have these kits. if i track em down, how long do i have to build em!? usually takes a while, seein how im also buildin an actual car at the time. seems like you got a jump on the build off fo sho!

16. GREASEMONKEY72

GREASEMONKEY72

i love model cars just as much as the real thing

need to get goin on a new one myself