Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hotrod Hayride Photo Extravaganza

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by surf monkey, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Great to see those photos! Was there last year but I had not time or money to go this year, it still looks like one of the worlds best events. Hopefully I'll be back in 2009!

2. Lucky77

Lucky77

W:eek:W what a great event. Thanks for sharing the pics, fantastic cross section of cars.

3. You fellas really do it right over there!

4. VALLEYSBOY

VALLEYSBOY

ace photo shoot thanks for sharing

5. Dirty2

Dirty2

Too cool ! Great event . More info on this ?

Attached Files:

6. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

man i enjoyed those photos

7. hershambob

hershambob

english bodied 32 sedan,suicide doors,chopped built and owend by pete from fleet,carnt remember what the motor is,may be a flattie
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  8. hershambob

hershambob

9. Great pics! I was just wondering... Is Old American tin readily available in the UK, or is most of it shipped over?

10. Dirty2

Dirty2

11. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Yeah...'cos nobody over there has ever fitted radials, an alternator or disc brakes to their 'period' rod, eh? :rolleyes:

Agreed on this point though....

12. Dirty2

Dirty2

13. Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Surf Monkey

Those are some real cool pics. Thanks for posting. It looks like you spent some time taking them, and it looks like there was a great turnout. Way too cool brother!

RGV

14. kornbinder

kornbinder
    from Sonora, CA

Great pictures, great setting. There are several pictures that, if black and white, you would be hard pressed to tell when they were taken. Thanks for posting.

Mike

15. BRIZEY

BRIZEY

That motor is a British Daimler Hemi and they came in two sizes, 2`500 cc and 4`500 cc, if memory serves me. Not sure what classification a motor that size would have, but possibly that`s the reason for the B/ classification.
    Your totaly correct though, it`s all in the detail... ;)

16. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

17. Big Tony

Big Tony

Damn That looks like a freaking hoot man, great pics of show and really dig the dirt track

18. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Outstanding pics of the show! Also any show held a place that has a bar open breakfast, lunch and dinner is a dream come true!

19. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

great pics!! Looks like a blast. That's the first time I've ever seen someone doing a burnout in mud!!:D
    [​IMG]

20. BRIZEY

BRIZEY

So, you should be famous Jonny. From what I saw your car looked to be the fastest car out there!. Looked to be faster and more stable on the mud than the vintage stock cars were!. Nice one.
    Hope the damage `aint to bad...

21. brizey i was gonna say the same...we were totally impressed...not only did it stick to the track he also drove the outside line on all the corners...most tried the inside line and spent time going nowhere

22. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

It was indeed a blast, Shame about Jim & Johnny's damage but they were having loads of fun, I'm sure they both will be fixed real soon.

23. BRIZEY

BRIZEY

Exactly `Monkey`, In those conditions you `go high` with less throttle.
    In the 60s, Jonny`s style of driving would have earned him a stock car `red roof` (star driver) status in no time, cool.
    I`d have loved to have been out there with my roadster, but it dont need a respray at the moment... ;0))

24. freakin fantastic...what a nice lineup of rides...thanks for the great pix...looks like a great time

coming soon: rodtees.com

25. blackout

blackout

This says it all. Great pics, thanks for the excellent contribution.

Attached Files:

26. Ratty

Ratty

Ace weekend , sorry I didn't see ya Tim , looks like you were stood nearby at the track .

Johnny's laps sure were good (Good to meet you at last too chap , following you on the way to the track was a blast !) , but my favourite Pop of the weekend was Rottenpop II , don't think there were many quicker round the track , and all in a car that was built in a shed from other peoples junk in under a year . OK , he's a mate , but he's my new hero too :D

Here's a vid ...

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zyYZ9TE9Tdw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

27. ratty...i saw you and rebecca drive in...and then i saw you in the line for the `food`....i`ve got some footage of most of the cars on the track...just need time to sort it out

28. flathead221

flathead221

Although you cant see from this photo, in this case 100 B/G is nothing to do with drag racing. It in fact refers to the world war II US Airforce "The Bloody Hundredth" bomb group (B/G). The interior is made up of pictures of the planes and aircrew of the 100th bomb group and their insignia is painted on the rear panel.

Lee (Detonators CC, London England)

29. Ratty

Ratty

Well get on with it , some of us haven't got a life to lead you know :)

30. [​IMG]

Hey, this is my old truck! Glad to see it, and great coverage of the show!!!!