Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy from MD

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Big Pap Dog, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Big Pap Dog

Big Pap Dog

Hi everyone! I'm here to gain some knowledge motivation to help me get my dad off his butt and in the garage. He's the one with the projects at this point; I have yet to find one, so I figured that we could finish his together. Thanks for the board!

Noah Brackbill

2. Welcome fellow Marylander. Hope you get your Dad out there into the garage. Tell us more about his projects (pictures are always cool).

3. ziggy1805

ziggy1805
    from Maryland

Good to see another fellow Marylander.

You might want to take a ride to Marley Station Mall in Glen Burnie some Saturday evening. There is a huge cruise-in there every Sat until mid Oct. Runs from 6-10 with DJ etc, and is free. 200-400 cars each time.

4. Welcome to the board Big Pap Dog from another Marylander. Hmm I haven't been around that area in awhile. I know there used to be a huge cruise in front of Salvos where the old mall used to be, but not at Marley Station. Guess I'll have to check it out sometime.

5. I think it outgrew the spot in front of Salvos or was getting too much flack from the businesses there for taking up too many parking spaces.:rolleyes:

6. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

welcome from Parkville. always nice to have another Marylander around

7. Big Pap Dog

Big Pap Dog

Thanks for the warm welcome! Well, My dad's projects...hmm...a 36 dodge that's in pieces and a 61 Valiant conv. with a hurst 4 spd/slant 6. He has an early 80's chevy dump truck that he's taking the SBC from to put the "Heartbeat" in the Dodge coupe. I think he needs mopar power in it, but by the time we get the frame in a clean bay of the barn to start with, he will have probably already changed his mind again. He collected most of his parts for this car when he lived in Bridgeport, Ca...from the surrounding areas of CA and NV. I already feel like if this build gets under way, that I will absorb some of my own ideas into it. We'll see. Looking forward to learning more from people on here and meeting some of you locally.

8. Big Pap Dog

Big Pap Dog

Cool, I'll have to check it out.