Register now to get rid of these ads!

Caddy 390 intake options

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by geekspeed, Aug 6, 2008.

1. geekspeed

geekspeed

I have a '62 390 that I just pulled out of a Series 62. Basically going to rebuild her and stick it back in...My question is, what intake manifold options are available besides the stock single 4bbl AFB. Ive seen places where people have used Studebaker 2x2 manifolds and they seem to bolt up...I was at the Petersen musuem the other day and by coincidence saw George Barris' Grease Lightning and noticed it too had a Cad motor in it (looked to be the same vintage as the distributor was in the rear, and the fuel pump was up front)...yet there were what looked like 2 4barrels up top...Anyone know if that intake is still around? Or was that a custom one-off....

As always...any help is appreciated.

2. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

There's still U-Fab's being made, or at least sold, for them. They're all 4x2 or 6x2 intakes though...

3. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

There were factory cast iron dual quad and 3x2 manifolds. There were aftermarket aluminum intakes of just about any flavor you want. 2x2, 3x2, 4x2, 6x2, 2x4, blower....
    What I can think of off the top of my head...I'm sure there are more....
    Edelbrock, Offy (low and hi rise), and Weiand made 3x2
    Edelbrock made a staggered 4x2
    Cragar and Horne made 4x2
    Edmunds, Offy (low-rise and hi-rise), and Detroit Racing made 2x2
    Detroit Racing 2x4
    Offy 6x2

4. Wowcars

Wowcars

Stude intakes do not "Just bolt up" ask flt-blk. He did the opposite, Caddy intake on a stude. '62 is the last year that non-log manifolds will work. I have an 6x2 Offy intake for a early Cadillac. I'm able to use it on a '63 since it is a log-style.

Are you sure that Greased Lightning 'thing' wasn't Chevy powered?
    Last I saw it, it looked like BBC valve covers, but there was beer involved and I really didn't want to look too long at the car...

5. geekspeed

geekspeed

I know its a bad pic...but its what I could get with what I had (camera battery died at the good part...and all I had left was my phone)

[​IMG]

Water neck is in the wrong position for a SBC. Distributor in the back...and the mechanical fuel pump is attached to the water neck...looks like a Caddy to me...though I could be wrong...

[​IMG]

6. jfrolka

jfrolka

I casted a log manifold for your caddy motor, It runs 4 strombergs and looks similar to the cragar version but with a runner and will fit under the hood of that caddy too! 750.00 for the pair.