Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Maximum Evil is born.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodChassis, Aug 2, 2008.

1. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

We started a new project for my buddy Jason. "Maximum Evil" is a '27 tall T coupe. Plans include a 425 Olds Rocket, tunnel ram, TKO-600 stick, 9" rear, spindle mounts, custom grill and some other surprises. But generally straight up Hot Rod with a dragster twist. Most of the project stems from a guy at the bar where Jason hangs out running his mouth one night about his '97 LS1 Gaymaro, and how it could eat anything. Jason made a comment about how he wanted to build a Hot Rod, and the guy answered back with, "nothing you can build will touch my Camaro." This was all construed over several beers at a local bar between Jason, one of my then employees, and myself. After hearing this, I told him about how one of my guys had this 425 Olds, and Chad and I had just bought a Tall T Coupe from a guy, and it was all for sale. When asked what kind of car he wanted, he answered, "one that's evil looking." I asked, "how evil?" Jason fired back with, "pretty much maximum evil." And the car was born, name and all.

We started with a mock up like most projects start:

[​IMG]

Then a little Photochop action before the real cutting commenced:

[​IMG]

Took a few measurements and bent up some front frame rails:

[​IMG]

Drank a few beers and made some final decisions and got to building. A few weeks ago we started by chopping it 10 inches and then trimming the subrails of unnecessary crossmembers and such:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  2. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

We moved on to the jig table and started laying frame, so to speak. After the rails were squared to each other and true to the table centerline, we welded the front rails in place.

[​IMG]

Next, we located the body on the rails and mocked in the motor and trans. A decision was made to make the car a uni-body design, so the rails and Ford sub rails are welded together. We won't go too far with the 25.4 SFI cage before the body gets stripped. We'll wait until the body repairs are done, so for now only the floor section has tubing laid.

[​IMG]

The sun was playing havoc with my camera, so this one is a bit shadowy:

[​IMG]

3. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Here's a shot of the car in profile:

[​IMG]

4. Nice start. What mill is that, olds?

5. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Yep, 425. I edited my first post with more info. Sorry.

6. looks bitchin man , nothing like a little grudge match to get things motivated!:D

7. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Another Great ''T'' build!Nice to see a stick shift in there too.Should Go quite well too!!!!

8. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Apparently the current value of the race is 500 yards. I told Jason if it goes to a G to let me know and I'd find the moolah to put down some cash myself.

Hmmmm,

Camaro: Reported 310hp from the LT1, and it's hauling 3375 lbs around with full interior and no cage.

Maximum Evil: Expected dyno at 450-500hp from the 425 Olds, estimated curb weight of 1800-2000 lbs with full 25.4 SFI 4130 Moly cage.

9. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

fuck,,,, i need more friends like you kevin!!!!!
    but im doubtin this is a bday present!!! lol
    but if so, mines jan 13th!!!! i like 5 windows.... :p

10. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Ha ha ha. No man, it's no birthday present. With a name like Maximum Evil, he'll pay....one way or another. We're only listening to evil music while we work on it. Knuckel Drager, Metallica, White Zombie, Def Tones, etc.

11. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

when some asswipe with a Camaro starts talking shit I find it easier just to go talk with someone else more interesting.

12. Lee Martin

Lee Martin

Looks like you're off to a good start....great choice of power.

-Lee
    Atomic Radio
    www.atomicpinup.com

13. blackout

blackout

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiuttttt. Badass. Tube frame, Tremec, big Olds, 10" chop, I'm proud to live in the same country as Kevin. Kevin's cars rule.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  14. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Looks great. Very cool!

15. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Are the front frame kicks bent or cut and welded? Looks good.

16. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Bent

17. HotRodDriver

HotRodDriver
    from Oklahoma

Whoa. You sir, are a man among men. I have watched your other threads and have been impressed by your craftmanship, and this one appears to be another quality build. Thank you for sharing, I will be looking for updates.

Rod

18. Hellfish

Hellfish

very nice! Let us know when the race is!

19. lowpunk

lowpunk
    from berwyn, il

seriously, i'd love to see this asshat eat his words. looking like another great build HRCC, can't wait to see updates.

20. My 2000 Camaro would have went 8's at that raceweight :) instead it went 10.9 on a lazy 1.49... It was the white one that I drove by your shop on my way to the VFN open house.

Anyway, nice car, I still have to stop in sometime.

21. repoguy

repoguy

How sure are you that this dude's Camaro is stock? If he's talking that kind of smack he may just have something.

Definitely not a traditional mill, and quite frankly as ugly as a bucket of worms, but those LS1's can make A LOT of power with a few mods and some spray.

22. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Because all of his buddies swear it's no more than your average Camaro.

23. repoguy

repoguy

Sweet.

Make sure to get some good footage of the race, and some post-race footage of the camaro dude crying and trying to make excuses.....and post it on youtube for us all to enjoy.

24. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Can the T owner drive? I mean if he's never had ahold of anything of this caliber the other guy could just drive around him while he is melting tires. It should be no contest but I've seen "sure" races lost by just what I'm talking about. After all David did kick Goliaths ass.:eek::D

Frank

25. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

I'm sure there will be video. Jason has joked that he wants an oil painting of the guys face when he pulls up in Max Evil.

Yeah, he'll have plenty of stick time to get used to the car. We're not planning on pulling it out of the garage and going straight to the race. As for burning the tires down, you need to see this:

http://www.hotrodchassisandcycle.com/backseatbettyqt.MOV

Or this, the line lock was on, and it's pushing the front tires:

http://www.hotrodhucksters.com/chad/hotrodchassis/eyes/Helenholeshot.MOV

26. i'd say hellbent

27. Zoolander

Zoolander
    from Oregon

Awesome reason for doing this. Definitely let us know what happens.

28. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

So we had to take it off the jig table for now, but the frame itself is done. So all I have to do is level the car to build the cage inside. We also scored some 18x2.15 wire spindle mounts with brakes. Halcraft units. We're going to retrofit them with 11.5" HD rotors and twin Hurst/Airhart calipers.

The slicks also came in. So last night we took measurements for the axle and rear suspension, and are going to start in on that tonight after reg. hours.

[​IMG]

29. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

We weighed the front axle undrilled, 26 pounds. After a few hours of layout and drilling, we've removed a total of 4.5 pounds from it. We've got two more drill sizes to go, so we're hoping for another pound.

[​IMG]

30. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

Man after seeng this I`m ready to end my tour here in Japan early and head home so I can start on my `26 coupe.:(
    I`ll be coming back to this tread for some inspriation that`s for sure.:D