Register now to get rid of these ads!

Teach Them Well - OT

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zeke Fishburn, Jul 30, 2008.

1. My wife is five months pregnant and we just found out it is a BOY!!!

In a effort to pass on that which makes men men and, thus, love cars and internal combustion I placed the following items on my wife's tummy.

I cannot believe she allowed this.

Forgive me as the Hot Wheels are not HAMB specific, 1964 or older. At least the 1:18 Ertl is.

Does the dust on the 32 qualify as patina?

Attached Files:

2. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

Yep, gotta start em out right. The dust works

3. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

Do you happen to drive those around on the floor and make motor noises or am I the only one?

4. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

You're not the only one, but the rest of us don't talk about it...wait....

Damn.

5. Tony

Tony

C'mon now, she was sleeping wasn't she and didn't even know you did it???:D:D

6. squirrel

squirrel

Allowing you to put the cars on, I can believe...but not letting you take pics....

7. Now you have to put the HAMB on a tape and play it through earphones on her belly, like the people do with classical music. Supposedly it makes them smarter!

8. Osmosis is powerful stuff!

9. octane

octane
    from Virginia

Congrats! My boy is ten months old, and it seems so far like he's going to be a car guy. He's not walking yet, but he crawls on the floor and pushes his toy cars, he loves to ride in the car, and most importantly when he hears a loud car or bike go by he freaks out kicking his legs and will squirm every which way he can to see what the hell is going by! We went to visit family in NY for Easter and went to the international auto show in NYC...his first car show. No HAMB cars there, but I swear even at six months he recognized that a Ferrari is cooler than a Saab! Good luck and congrats again. They're a lot of fun.

10. Gotta let her read your replies. Funny chit.

Thanks.

11. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Hot Wheels roll better without the shirt ya know!

12. Bigblock351w

Bigblock351w
    BANNED

pfft, watch him turn out to be a citroen lover. lol

13. Congrats! I didn't start him that young, but my boy is almost 2 ,(end of Aug), and is in deep already. He knows the difference between cars, hot rods, muscle cars, Jeeps, and trucks, and picks up on anything that "rumbles". He pushes around an old R/C '34 flamed Ford, and loves to look at my mags too. It's awesome. Congrats again and nice start!

14. Girls dig on this stuff too. My 3 year old gets excited about going to car shows, loves playing with Hot Wheels (This one is a kustom, daddy!) and other automotive toys, correctly identifies Fords vs. Chevies, and gets downright upset when I don't let her grab a wrench out in the garage to help me "fix" something.