Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Happy birthday HENRY FORD!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by P-townkustoms, Jul 29, 2008.

1. P-townkustoms

P-townkustoms
    from P-Town CA

Lets hear your FORD stories, and why Ford (fomoco) owners have the best HOT RODS, best kustoms are the best looking, best dancers and get the hottest girls!

2. Crestoloy

Crestoloy

Happy birthday Henry! You don't look a day over 130!

3. bct

bct

mmmmm, cake

4. glmke

glmke

I have a ford with a ford motor. happy b-day henry!!
    madeline 497.jpg

madeline 493.jpg

madeline 494.JPG

5. P-townkustoms

P-townkustoms
    from P-Town CA

Life with out Henry would be a life with out: Model A's, 32's, 34's, 36 fords, Mercurys , Lincolns.... A life not worth living!

6. Midnight 50

Midnight 50

There are only two memorable firsts in the car industry. The first production line vehicle (Mercedes) and the first American production vehicle (Ford).

The first vehicle because.... hell it was the first. The first American production vehicle because, who cares what the Germans did first :D.

Happy B-day Henry! Thanks for giving us mobility.

7. Crestoloy

Crestoloy

NO LOVE FOR THE T?!:eek:

8. jesus valencia

jesus valencia
    from pomona

you look like a gorilla, your Fords don't run, and your girls look like "cubs"!

9. P-townkustoms

P-townkustoms
    from P-Town CA

Sounds like some one has been drinking hater-aid! I bet that 36 FORD truck your wife has, would not be half as good looking if it was not a FORD!!!! HATER!!!!

10. P-townkustoms

P-townkustoms
    from P-Town CA

I knew FORD haters would show up sooner or later!

11. drock6570

drock6570

they only hate because they drive chebbies!!!! ha

12. P-townkustoms

P-townkustoms
    from P-Town CA

How about March 9th the day the FLAT HEAD WAS introduced!

13. P-townkustoms

P-townkustoms
    from P-Town CA

Yeah , I'm sorry how could I forget about the one that started it all the MODEL T!

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

Well really it started with the first Model A in 1903, the Model T will be 100 in October. Other letter Models Henry used were B,C,F,N,R,S,and K.:)

15. P-townkustoms

P-townkustoms
    from P-Town CA

16. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Not only providing the highest wages in production factories at the time, he also provided transportation to the lowly masses at prices that were affordable. He truely was instrumental in getting middle class America on its feet. What amazed me after visiting Dearborn last year during the 1932 reunion was seeing how he wanted to teach children history in other areas by creating Greenfield Village. I have never seen anything like it.
    For those that have never see any of this..whether you like Ford or his cars... this trip will amaze you and you will see what a family company did for the American society.
    http://www.hfmgv.org/

17. P-townkustoms

P-townkustoms
    from P-Town CA

I am planing to go soon! Henry did much more than just beautiful cars.

18. Django

Django
    from Chicago

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

He also was an anti-Semite who blames WWI on the the European Jews and continued to publish articles and journals stating his distaste for them. Then proceeded to go to europe and try to stop the war basically by himself. Was the only non-german to be awarded the Highest medal of honor from the Nazi party and Hitler carried a picture of him on his desk.

This was a shot of him receiving the Medal after Germany invaded Poland.
    [​IMG]

He also made all of the employees of his facilities loose there ethnic backround in an attempt to achieve an ethnic cleansing of sorts so that everyone spoke the same and dressed the same. Which actually provided free schooling to learn the English language.

Happy Birthday Henry. None of this would be possible with out you and I certainly recognize that. You raised the minimum wage and lowered the working days to five as well as created some of the greatest cars that this world has seen. He also checked up on workers to make sure that they where taking care of their children as a social service of sorts.

This is not a "Hater" post and not directed to create confrontation. Just some facts.

20. Chad s

Chad s

I do own an old Ford, but I am also a Jew. I bought the car because of my love for the car, not the racist son of a bitch who's name is on it. Good riddance, Henry....

21. The37Kid

The37Kid

Ever wonder how things would have been different if Henry checked out instead of Edsel?

22. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

WAIT, MY POST WAS NOT MEANT TO CREATE TENSION!! I DO NOT WANT THIS THREAD DELETED! Everyone should be able to state some facts about the man's life with out getting personal.

I just was giving some history to those who may not have known about other aspects of his life.

23. Chad s

Chad s

You didn't create any tension, Henry Ford did. He decided to hold extreme hatred toward a certain group of people. Not only did he have such hatred, he acted out and supported it. Its nice that he did so much for the auto industry, but that doesn't make him in any way exempt from being realized as the hateful, racist individual that he was.

24. You know how Ford should celebrate? By not sucking. I love old Fords, but I wouldn't be caught dead in anything they're making now...

..except maybe a Mustang.

25. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I am sure many of us have had racists in our families. Look at America's history... Why would a man born in the 1800's be any different.
    Lets celebrate his achievements. If he was my grandpa, I'd still despise his negative personality traits. But that wouldn't mean I would not respect his positive influences.

26. ChrisMejia

ChrisMejia

and a 1984 Chevy S10 Pick-up??? :rolleyes: I'll bring the razorblades to work tomorrow.

27. Apparently most of those old fords need a chevy pacemaker installed...no denying that classic lines of the deuce and others though

28. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

true, but if you're grampa was a racist he wouldn't have had the resources that henry ford did to push his ideas. He had his own newspaper and radio station that were solely for pushing his political views. I remember reading somewhere that he contributed large amounts of funding to the nazi party to help bring it to power.

genius with motivation, simplicity, and plain old farmers practicality.

29. ChrisMejia

ChrisMejia

This is the reason that I love the HAMB. I had no clue about this side of Henry Ford, so thanks for sharing the facts. I'll hang his poster next to my Die Hard/Mel Gibson poster now.

30. StinaMarie

StinaMarie