Register now to get rid of these ads!

Earthquake in Socal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris Casny, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Draginit1290

Draginit1290
    from Mesa, AZ

yuh, my EX-girlfriend calls me out of the blue and first thing sais was "well im alive!" i said huh? dju get in an accident er something? no the earthquake silly its all over the news. i reminded her that i dont own a television. california girl that she is just continued saying things, i dunno what, i stopped listening and then heard her say well atleast im ok! uh yea, wonderful... i then started laughing uncontrollably,, she didnt like that and asked why. i was laughing at the thought of cali breaking off, i was reminded that im still living here... dammit! this is only temporary, i will have oceanside property in az sooner or later!!~!

-im been drinkin, glad everyones ok!

2. I was on the phone with a customer in California when she started freaking out about the quake and the phone went dead.. scared me for a second 'cause she was screaming bloody murder! Another buddy was driving to the "Price is Right" taping, and didn't even feel it in the car... Glad all is well.

3. EmilyBelle

EmilyBelle

I was in the locker room at my gym getting ready to leave. It wasn't that strong, it just took FOREVER! There was another girl in the locker room with me who looked like she was about to pass out from fear.
    No damage at our place. I checked.

4. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

it was pretty crazy.... I was eating lunch at a deli... the owners 4 year old daughter was sitting and talking to me... you should have see the look on her poor face!

5. docauto

docauto
    from So Cal

I had about 200 quarts of oil fall off a shelf, no damage. I'm about 15 miles away. could first feel the rumble under foot then the rollers started, nice 20 second ride!

6. Was scared to go home. Thought about all the shit in the rafters that could fall on the roadster. Luckily it all stayed put.:) No damage in La Verne, about 14 miles from the epicenter. Huge wake up call though! Gotta get stuff secured better in the garage.

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

We dont get too much of that up here in Michigan ..a few good storms..maybe the occational twister but they dont do the damage or are not typically the size of the ones they get in Kansas. The only thing we got up here doing any damage is our Govenor and Detroits Mayor:eek:

8. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

my wife gets home before me and could give a shit about my hobby. After a quick walk through of the house she ventured into the garage then called me at work to tell me everything in my garage was OK. Maybe theres hope for her after all?

9. That wasn't much of a quake. BFD

10. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Figures... i miss it... It was centered 15 minutes from my house...

I was in Oxnard driving my coupe around the only shaking I felt was my caddy motor :D

11. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Earthquakes are Old School..

12. So where can I get my very own "Bad Bob action figure"? I'd like the one that comes with the gas station plaid hat. I don't even wanna know what he says when you pull the string on the back...:eek: