Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any Virginia HAMBers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hillbillyhell, Jul 15, 2006.

1. varodder

varodder

DRUSS, Your car is cool. Next time you visit Jack have him bring you by my place to see what we did to my '35. We will be happy to supply all the shit you need.

2. varodder

varodder

I have a big email list of folks I send out stuff to on a regular basis; things going on, garage builds and general BS. If you (and anybody else in VA want to get any of this stuff send me a pm with your email address).
    DRUSS, I've sent a bunch of pictures out of the chop in progress and will be happy to forward them to you. Right now they are too big to put up on the HAMB. I think its going to look pretty cool since we really laid the windshield back. Cut 3 inches at the "B" pillar and already punched 174 louvers in the hood and rumble seat lid (Jack got a louver press too). Has that Bonneville look perhaps??

3. mophead

mophead
    from sw va.

Wildfire, I'm just down the road 10 miles were the police chief is in jail for sellin meth,LOL . doing any parts tradin?????

4. chopperkid13

chopperkid13

Im not alone? :)

hailing out of Culpeper, VA

5. Fitysix

Fitysix
    from Md.

Southern Md. here but,.......I am from Va. Beach and travel to va quite abit....still have family at the beach...........guys and gals wanna party sometime?
    Fitysix

6. thelonelyking

thelonelyking

here in charlottesville,new to area and dont know many rodders in my town.

7. t-bolt

t-bolt

damn were did all ya'll come from:D swva. I'm up for a fast freddies traditional rod winter cruise in and meet and greet.........................

8. jalopyshots

jalopyshots

we should have a VA hamb party in the spring

9. Motorbreath

Motorbreath

MMMM Virginia Hamb......... where would said party be?

10. FatFenderDlux

FatFenderDlux

Hey, count another Magic City-er amongst ya. I can see that big ol' neon star from the window somewhat near my dingy little cubicle at work. I'm not from here, but I've called it home for the last seven years or so.

Since this is my first post I guess I should do some sort of intro. I've got a '39 Ford Deluxe Coupe (couldn't guess from the username could you?) that is mostly original. I've got a couple of other cars ya'll wouldn't be too interested in too. I haven't been doing much over the last few years, I've got two late model additions that have been keeping me pretty busy but the youngest is of the age now that they can both go play in the dirt while daddy twists wrenches. I also finally got my shop wired so that has more than one outlet, so that should help.

Anyway, I've had the '39 out to Fast Freddies a couple of times. I'm going to try to get out there more next summer, but I enjoy driving it more than parking it.

I love this site, the tech articles are awesome and there are some gorgeous cars being built by the HAMBers. Hopefully work won't block this site anytime soon. I'm having a great time just going through the archives here.

11. 3step

3step

Hello,
    I'm in the Star City of the South. Botetourt Co. '57 chevy and tinkering with a 1916 Stude frame. Fast Freddy's on Sat nights and Lynchburg has great shows Too.

12. YES! I just moved to Virginia. Stationed in Norfolk. I'm currently in the process of saving up the money to ship my '50 Dodge here. I can't wait...

13. house of fab

house of fab
    from ashland va

Greetings from the "center of the universe" (towns motto not mine) Ashland VA. 29 RPU/ 30 coupe projects in the works.

14. Hey Guys,

I am at Suffolk, VA for the summer again.

Are there any crusie in's in this area??

There used to be one at Cosmos Diner in Chesapeake, VA until last year but I think they tore it down or something.

chris

15. varodder

varodder

I know of two on the Peninsula; Hampton Roads Harley Davidson (on Rt 17 in York County) and the Bass Pro Shop in Hampton (at the Power Plant) both are on Saturday night. Here's a more complete list I got off of the VPCC web site http://www.vpccc.org this is a good source of event info.

<table align="center" border="0" width="772"><tbody><tr class="tablerow1"><td valign="top" width="10%">
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tuesday[/FONT]​
    </td> <td width="90%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Every Tuesday night, the First Flight Cruisers of the Outer Banks, gather at the Hooters of Kitty Hawk for a cruise-in. We all start to congregate around 6:30 and are there untill somewhere around 9:30-10:00. Come join us!! Visit www.ffcruisers.com for info and come join the message board for more fun stuff. George C. Wacker President FFC (252)202-0347[/FONT]</td> </tr> <tr class="tablerow2"> <td valign="top" width="10%">
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Friday[/FONT]​
    </td> <td width="90%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NEW! Smithfield Summer Night cruise in .... Smithfield Commons, 1807 South Church Street next to McDonalds. FIVE evenings of fun ... June 13, July 11, July 25, August 8, and August 22, 630PM to 9PM. Food available within walking distance, oldies DJ, FREE ADMISSION. For further details please contact Tom Norris at (757)570-0471 or email [email protected]. [/FONT]</td> </tr> <tr class="tablerow1"> <td valign="top" width="10%">
    </td> <td width="90%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Langley Christian Church 175 Fox Hill Road Hampton, Va will be hosting a Friday night Cruise-in Every Third Friday night 6-10 P.M. Weather permitting June through October. Come enjoy the evening. Any Questions Contact David Ellis E Mail [email protected] [/FONT]</td> </tr> <tr class="tablerow2"> <td valign="top" width="10%">
    </td> <td width="90%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1st and 3rd Fridays 5:00 until! Fat Fredas in Colonial Beach.washington and Hawthorn St. All are welcome. 804-224-1211[/FONT]</td> </tr> <tr class="tablerow1"> <td valign="top" width="10%">
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Saturday[/FONT]​
    </td> <td width="90%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Every Saturday Night April 5 thru Sept. - The Southern Knight Cruisers, Inc. Car Club (Team SKC) is working with Hardee's of Old Stage Road (1901 W. Hundred Rd. - Rt. 10) in Chester, VA, again for 2008. This cruise-in is known as being "The Best" in the vehicle hobbyist's community. DJ's “Wolf Man” John Newton, and "Rock-It Man" John Ronkartz, playing the best in 50-70's music. Info Wayne Balch 804-530-2225,Larry Allen 804-530-2855,"Wolf Man" 804-526-4267 or www.southernknightscruisers.com [/FONT]</td> </tr> <tr class="tablerow2"> <td valign="top" width="10%">
    </td> <td width="90%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cruise In to New Town Williamsburg every Saturday evening in July! Open to all entusiasts from 4 p.m.-8 p.m. Curbside delivery by Cheeburger Cheeburger and MaggieMoo's Ice Cream! $1 dollar wins you a chance to win a prize each event. D.J. with sounds from the 50's & 60's **Event will be canceled in the event of torrential downpours** Contact for questions & additional information [email protected] 757-565-6200 directions and info may also be found at www.newtownwilliamsburg.com[/FONT]</td> </tr> <tr class="tablerow1"> <td valign="top" width="10%">
    </td> <td width="90%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bruster's Saturday Night Cruise 2008 will begin Saturday April 5th on route 610 Garrisonville Road in Stafford VA. At the Bruster's ice cream parking lot in the back. Weather permitting, 300pm to 900pm. Every Saturday, all summer!!! You can see the pictures from last year at www.staffordclassics.com We also have the driving DIRECTIONS on the site. If you have any questions you can contact Brent @ [email protected] or 540-752-4499. [/FONT]</td> </tr> <tr class="tablerow2"> <td valign="top" width="10%">
    </td> <td width="90%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Again this year, every Saturday night the Classic Cruisers Car Club will host its weekly Cruz-ins beginning April 12 until mid-October at Hampton Roads Harley Davidson in Yorktown (6450 George Washington Mm Hwy). This is the largest Cruise-in around and for good reasons. We always sponsor a local, monthly charity; Yes, ALL proceeds go to charity; have the best hot dogs (Don’s), the Affordable DJ (Ron Herrick) and most importantly, some of the best people and nicest vehicles around. What a combination! Come out and support the hobby, have a great time and help us help others. For more info, please contact Vincent Filippone at 898-0872 or [email protected] or Al Mignogna at [email protected] . [/FONT]</td> </tr> <tr class="tablerow1"> <td valign="top" width="10%">
    </td> <td width="90%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Suffolk Rod & Muscle Cars Drive-in Movie Sat May 31,2008 Henderson NC. Leave Sonic on North Main St Suffolk at 9:00AM Sat May 31. Rooms available at Jameson Inn Host Hotel, 400 N. Cooper Rd (252)430-0247 Henderson $65.99per night(Group Rate Code: Drive-in Cruise) cut off is May 3. Pre-registration $20.00 includes car and driver admission. day of event $25.00 Cash at Hotel. Contact Ric @757-539-1141 for additional Registration info. Leave Message[/FONT]</td> </tr> <tr class="tablerow2"> <td valign="top" width="10%">
    </td> <td width="90%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]King Masonic Lodge #722 Second Annual Charity Cruise-N 100% Of ALL Proceeds go to the North Carolina Masonic Home for Children at Oxford, NC “Chinese auction” $1.00 Table $3.00 Table $5.00 Table Great Items Fun Contest And Much More Date: April 12, 2008 Rain Date April 12, 2008 Were: West Stokes High School Time: 9:00 Am to 3:00 Pm 50-50 Cash drawing Head to Toe - $10.00 Bumper-to-Bumper $20.00 Bus Bumper-to-bumper $25.00 More Information Call or E-Mail Curtis Knight-983-2694 Matthew Clilton-971-4039 Jay Christian-983-2079 E-mail [email protected] DIRECTIONS 1. Merge onto us-52 N/ John m Gold FWY toward pilot Mtn. 2. Take exit 123 toward king / Tobaccoville 3. Turn right onto main st. 4. Turn left onto w king st /old us-52. 5. turn right onto Goff Rd. 6. Turn right onto priddy Rd. 7. End at WEST STOKES HIGH SCHOOL: 1400 Priddy rd, king, N.C. 27021, Us King Masonic Lodge #722 A.F. & A.M. P. O. Box 1471 King, NC 27021 Phone: 336-983-3782 E-mail: [email protected] [/FONT]</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

16. cmaxf@ntelos.net

[email protected]
    from virginia

just twenty miles from you. castlewood virginia

17. Lee Martin

Lee Martin

Grew up in Arlington and now live in South Riding (about 10 miles west of Fairfax City).

-Lee
    Atomic Radio
    www.atomicpinup.com

18. mophead

mophead
    from sw va.

I'm WAY over in Damascus ,Va. , near Bristlol , whats a cruzin? we ain't even got a red light

19. HIDDEN

HIDDEN

mophead, they have a cruise-in on Friday nights in Bristol and in Kingsport, and a huge one in Elizabethton, TN on Saturdays.

20. mudbone

mudbone

do you allow an allmostnearlynotquiteplumb guy from va , i`m bout 20 mins out of danville va.

21. Lstude

Lstude

I'm in Richmond and I've been on the social group.

22. chappys4life

chappys4life
    from Austin, TX

Richmond here too. Old blue stang rolling around so say hi if you see me.

23. 65Cadirat

65Cadirat

Im from the PEANUT CAPITAL but I live in Hampton now. HRBT Sux BTW! (Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel, Not "Heartbeat" for you chevy fans:D I briefly caught a glimpse at the top of this page about the shows at the bass pro...From what Ive heard, they dont do them there anymore because of the ricers. They moved them to....chesapeake, mabye....Im not sure but I know that they dont do them at the bass pro anymore. :(

24. GKreamer

GKreamer

Lived in VA my whole life, originally from Woodbridge but have been in Bumpass for the past 6 years. Getting ready to buy a 1961 Falcon 4door with a rebuilt 200 from a 66 Mustanf Fastback along with wheels and rear end from same Mustang.

25. Lstude

Lstude

I used to live in Bumpass in the 70s.

Welcome to the Virginia HAMBers.

26. crider

crider

I'm in the middle of knowhere. Rocky gap va.

27. Justin5000

Justin5000

Cap city Richmond VA here. Cruising a slow n' low white 63 caddy 4 door. Give me a shout if you see me. Watch out for Pompadork in that blue 56 caddy. We cruise either ride more than once a week.

28. Stuarts Draft VA.
    Just got my first project: 1935 Ford Truck

29. Motorbreath

Motorbreath

crider, if your in the middle of no-where then im just down the road from it.

30. Shadetree

Shadetree
    from Va USA

Extreme swva, in Buchanan, also in the middle of no where
    I live in basically in worked out, coal mining town, with no town!!
    They recently tore it all down, and now where the town was, is just a dirt pile!!!
    But that didnt bother me near as bad, as when, they crush, all our old cars, during the china steel boom!!
    I am working on a 51 chevy coupe, and I will try to upload a pic.

Shadetree

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008