Register now to get rid of these ads!

*Barn Find 34 3/W Body !* (pole barn that is)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harms Way, Jul 1, 2008.

1. indyjps

indyjps

keep the updates coming, this is getting interesting.
    So give up the details on the parts youve been saving for just the right project.

Get some good pics of the lettering on the car, someone may recognize it.

2. harmsway,
    she looks a lot happier sitting on her new frame. great find.
    Al.

3. The Dodge Guy

The Dodge Guy

4. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

The last time I saw that body it was only about 3 miles from where I lived at the time. I was second in line to get it and the number one buyer took forever to make the deal on it. It was owned at that time by, what I thought at the time, a fairly good friend. That turned out to be not true. The rest of the story is to personal to relate here. Lets just say it was one of life's lessons you only have to learn once. I'm anxious to see it again. This week has been hectic, I'll be in touch.

Frank

5. Harms Way

Harms Way

Hey Frank,..

Lynn and George said you were going to come up with the gang on Wednesday,.... I was looking forward to seeing you. I had no idea you were on this body,..... if it was from the guy I got it from,. he honestly never said a word about anyone else wanting or even knowing about it,..... It always dampens my spirits about a car when I hear something like this,........ I hope there isn't any hard feelings.

6. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...note to self...send Harms Way a 'Lucky Basturd' card...:p

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Absolutely no hard feelings as far as your concerned. My deal was years ago and when I saw the pictures it was like a ghost from the past. It will be best if we let this go for the time being but rest assured everything is good between us.

Frank

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

very nice....................

9. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Thats pretty much how i scored my Model A....I do that to people who are selling stuff all time...Its funny to hear them laugh...Then go 'Yup...still got the damn thing'..

10. farm boy

farm boy
    from reedley

Great find, there are bargins out there yet. Anyway, all your planets and moons were in alignment that day for sure. Don't even want to know what i'd find behind my chest o drawers. Any plans yet? (cal. kid, superbell coupe, drag coupe with blown 392)??? Cut, chop, section, what ever you like, just keep us posted. And by all means, brag away. OLY

The cancer car lives
    Give to cancer research

11. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

We're ALL interested, so keep posting! This is the kind of build I like to follow. Regular low-key HAMB guys who get a real break and build a cool car. Just hearing about the doors shutting solid tells me that this body is in the right hands! Look forward to the rest!

12. Harms Way

Harms Way

Well a couple weeks have passed and I have been so busy with Swap Meets, broken Tractors, Trucks & Tailors, and the like I have only been able to dedicate a few hours here and there to the Coupe, I was able to throw a 9" Bronco rear under the car and get it rolling,... put a couple parts on it just to line things up and to give myself a grin.

Some "Hot Rod Pals", came up from Bay City to hang out last week and "FAB 32" lead the way !, when he seen the 34 for the first time in 20-30 some years he actually had goose bumps,.... What a great time ! we hung out, talked about cars that we thought were way to obscure for anybody else to remember,....... but Frank and I must like the same kind of stuff because not only did we remember the same cars,... but we both had been significantly impacted by the same cars years ago before we ever met each other !,...... I would bet this story continues to replay all over the world as people from the HAMB Family meet and get to talking.

Anyway we had a great time !, Here is a current picture of the 34, I will post another picture of it just before I put it's pajamas on it for a nap in the barn,.. while I get together the rest of it's parts. (thanks for indulging me.)
    [​IMG]

13. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

very cool story, and nice find! keep the updates coming.

14. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

15. Harms Way

Harms Way

I had a couple guys ask about it, so here's how the coupe looked when I covered it up for the winter,.... first job in the spring ( when I can get the engine out of storage) is to mount the Old Olds,..... ( if I don't change my mind,..... again)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  16. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Something nice to look forward to in the Spring...
    I hope your winter is very short. :)

17. bonesy

bonesy

Too cool. I would have looked at that card and thought; "would have, could have, should have."

18. 2Hep

2Hep

awesome... hollar if need a hand with that Olds!

19. Howeird46Chev

Howeird46Chev

Everybody would like to have a coupe like that to uncover in the spring. Since the tires won't get cold in the spring you won't need those stinking fenders covering them up. Let them be free to roll down the road. Just kidding, its your car you do what you want, although it would look awsome as a highboy. Happy New Year

20. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

wow! awesome man. that rocket motor would be perfect for that car. sooooo cool.

21. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

nice car hope you post some more updates when you start working on it again

22. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

i am sooooooo jealous!

23. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Nice update ... love the "fendered" look. I hope that your keeping it that way - way to many fenderless 34's IMO (not that its a bad thing...).

PACO

24. Termites Ate my Chevy

Termites Ate my Chevy

You call that rough???...My car is a real pile of shit then...What did you pay???...3-4k?

25. Harms Way

Harms Way

If you read the thread, you would see that I don't call it "Rough", Thats how it was described to me, In post #1, #22 & #52 I make it clear that I don't think it's rough and I am really pleased with it.

I'm no Jim Sibley, but I have brought some "really rough" stuff back from the dead in the past,. this isn't one of them and this ain't my first rodeo,... Huh, 3-4 k? Ya' really think it's worth that much ??:rolleyes::rolleyes::):D:D:D

26. Crease

Crease

Looks like an extremely solid start. Mine was in very similar condition when I started on it. Just take your time and keep on truckin, you'll be done before you know it.

27. Wow great find, compared to some bodies that I have seen here in Europe thats a minter LOL!

Keep the updates coming....

28. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

That's one helluva find! Congrats. I'm going to have to start looking through my old business cards and scraps of paper lying around. :D

29. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

''Bring on the SPRING!'' I say,fantastic lookin' HOT ROD.

Nick.

30. WILD30

WILD30
    from Australia

Well done mate. That's one cool, coupe body. Can't wait for some more pics. You better go buy some lotto tickets. Good luck with it.